What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just shot my best round ever over the weekend with a Bridgestone e5. Not normally what I would play, but I gave it a shot with pleasant results. I don't know if I was just on or the ball had a lot to do with it. It didn't spin as much around the greens as I'm used to, but it wasn't awful.

I used the Bridgestone B330-S for the entire weekend and I absolutely love that ball. I was hitting a few 'bonus shots' with THPers using some demo clubs and pulling some other balls for them like the TP Black and Burner tour from TM, and neither stood anywhere close to the Bridgestone. It is just a bomber and it bites hard around the greens. I love it.

played the B330-RX and it was money.
long and accurate...and boy was it spin happy action on the greens.
i know what you're thinking..."but Tyler, it wasn't the RXS or the B330-S."
well, i'm here to tell you that it had a lot of movement on it with my short irons. now maybe it was my swing or the green slopes and softness, but i'll be taking it back out for my next round and we'll see how it performs...either way, loved the ball and what it did for me that day.

Tyler can't wait man. I love and hate this thread because honestly, next to a new driver hitting new golf balls is pretty got dang exciting.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Callaway Hex Black - Verdict: I may have to stock up on them! I posted my best round ever (by 4 strokes) while using the Hex Black! Not to mention I left several shots on the course. The only problem I had with these balls was that I lacked a little feel with the putter... and that could perhaps be solved by switching to a different flat stick. The old White Steel is starting to get a bit long in the tooth.

Callaway Hex Black for the first full round. Very nice ball flight, stopped perfect. Decent off my putter, not the best but overall one of the best balls I have played this year!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My last round I played the Bridgestone xFiXx. Can't say I was overly impressed by it, and I can't say that I was very disappointed in it either. A good middle of the road ball that flew nicely off of the driver and woods, and had a little bit of check on the greens. I would have liked to see a bit more check on the greens and a bit more hold on iron shots out of the fairway, but that is asking a lot for the price point of this ball. I still prefer the e5, which will probably be my gamer for the time being.

I have tried the Bridgestone B-330 RXS the last couple rounds. I wanted some more spin around the greens, but the trade was too much spin off the driver. Might just be my swing right now though. I will find out more tomorrow at league. Otherwise I really like the B-330 balls.

Played the Bridgestone B330-S the last two times out and really enjoyed it. It gives me just a few more options around the greens than my normal (Hex Black), but I'm finding it spins just a little too much off the driver. I will try the B330 at some point, but the Hex Black remains my go-to ball.

Skipped off the pond using Tapatalk

Played the B330-RX again. I like the ball it just needs a tickle more spin as it was running out a little too much especially off wedges. Apart from that it is a nice ball.

Took some recently acquired HEX Black to the putting green and went back to my B330. Will give it another shot on the course later this week and see how the bigger sticks like it.

I played 1/2 the round with the Pro-V1x and the other half with the Innovex V-Motion Tour.

Love the x in every way save for driver. I find that less than stellar swings illicit a bit more sidespin. Whereas the Innovex offers noticeably less spin off driver yet comparable spin and feel on all others.

I am still playing the Callaway Hex Black Tour.....Long, straight....good spin on the greens and durable as hell...hard to beat it!

I've been playing the TaylorMade Penta TP5 for a while now and love it! (Beat my old pb by 5 strokes!)

I last played the Callaway Hex Black, but the durability was the big turn off. Distance wise, the Black beat out the TP5 by a little bit on every club, but control around the greens seemed the same. Thus, durability won out the decision, as I can use a TP5 for more than one round without any major scuffs or odd marks (the outlines of the hexagons on the ball.)

I am still playing the Callaway Hex Black Tour.....Long, straight....good spin on the greens and durable as hell...hard to beat it!

+1

I was overly critical of this ball the first time I tried it because that's just the way I am with all Callaway equipment. Simply stated I just don't like the way their Kool-Aid tastes. After diving in headfirst with the 273 hour sale that went on I can confidently say that I'm sold on the Hex Black.

You're not going to like anything if you set out from the get-go telling yourself that you're not going to like it and that's what I did with the Hex Black. After giving it a fair shake the second go round though I can't think of anything to really complain about with a ball that is long, straight, spins a ton around the greens, and although it doesn't look pretty after a few holes it is still very durable.

My last round I played with the Hex Black and the spin and control that I had with it around the greens saved my butt on a day where poor ball striking reigned supreme.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I received a sleeve of ProV1's and ProV1x's as a gift. I preferred the ProV1's but i guess that is just personal preference. Being a 21 handicap with a high swing speed i tend to be wild off the tee and can lose at least one ball per round. The proV do not equate to good value for money, as usually after the first 5 holes they tend to be scuffed up beyond the point of playable. For someone like me, the best way to play the game with good quality balls is to buy lakeballs. I buy Nike lakeballs and use them on most rounds. Great value for money and they make a good quality ball.

I am still playing the Velocity but am considering going back to the Bridgestone e6. I really, really like the Velocity distance but my bread and butter is around the greens and I feel like the e6 is softer. I've got about a month left of league play so I am going to do a little greenside testing as our league is run by me.

All year with B330 RX and still loving it. Looking forward to a good sale for the 12 version so I can stock up. Hehehe

Just tried the Taylor Made TP5 and have been thoroughly impressed with the feel and performance. I had been using the Pro V1X and was chewing balls up way to often. Since changing to the TP5, I have cut way back on the number of scuffed/destroyed balls and my game has actually seemed "straighter off the tee". Not sure if its the arrow or the indian, but I am loving these.

Played a ProV1 Sunday. Was surprised I was longer with it than with ProV1x off the tee, which I mostly use (had a 270 yarder on a flat hole, and a 307y that caught a slope around 265y carry). Just played a really solid round with it. Maybe it was my swing...

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Started playing with a Bridgestone B-330RXS today at league and was having a problem with way too much spin off the driver. About half way through I lost that ball so I switched to a B'stone B-330RX and wow did that change things. Straight of the tee and good around the greens. I think I have found the only ball I will play for the foreseeable future.

played with my B330 again today sticking with a ball now for a month has really helped me i think. really have a good feel for it now especially with chipping and my distances. i also got some amazing spin today with this. one ball spun back close to 25' by far the most spin i have ever had from a shot onto the green. hit a slight ridge and just kept coming back to pin high. was pretty awesome.

Played B330 today, great feeling ball, love it, but blindly grabbing for my ball on the 3rd, I accidentally picked up a PV1 out of the cart. Finished the round pleased with it. First time I enjoyed that ball..

I played the Wilson FG Tour ball my last round. I like the way it feels and flys, but it seems to be a good 10 yards shorter off the tee than harder urethane balls. I need to test this closely to see if I am making this up or not. I do like the trajectory of the ball - it is controllable in the wind. And I also like it around the greens. The feel off the putter is soft, so I need to be careful to not leave the putts short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back