The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats some solid progress TC

Thats some solid progress TC

Thanks dude. That's 8 straight weeks if sticking to it. Can't wait to see where I'm at in 8 more weeks.

Thanks dude. That's 8 straight weeks if sticking to it. Can't wait to see where I'm at in 8 more weeks.

Your chest will be so magnormous you might not be able to swing driver. But you'll be so strong you can start swinging those big boy xxx flex shafts.

Next week is add weight week for me. I struggled on some things this week so Im a little nervous.

Last edited:
Solid work out this morning, followed by 3 hours of weed eating and mowing. I need a nap. Tuesday is a weight increase day and I can't wait for it. Glad I have a couple of recovery days in store.

Just go off the ice from reffing 3 games and have another one tonight. I think I'll skip the gym today as I'm already dead tired. Back to the gym tomorrow. Thanks for all of the recommendations for the chest/shoulders. Thanks guys.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

Just got home from the pump house. Was in such a bad mood this morning so i had to go and blow off some steam. Todays focus was shoulders. I just love military presses and Arnold presses! Managed to really press every little bit of energy out of the shoulders. Could barely get on my jacket when it was time to go home.

Todays highlight was an increase from 40 to 45lbs dumbbells for my Arnold presses. Not much really, but since i'm a small guy i'm happy with it! :)

I went and scoped out benches today.. I don't really want to throw out any crazy money for one, but a lot of them around 1-150 feel really shaky, which I do not like..

I should probably just pull the trigger.. I know it's going to be a better investment for me over a membership somewhere because I'll actually use it here, unlike the membership.

Anyone have a decent home bench they'd recommend?

Yesterday was an intense chest workout with a nice core circuit to finish it, and today was heavy legs. I'm worn out.

Tomorrow is day one. TC, you should be proud.

Gonna do a little cardio to get the heart rate up and then work shoulders followed by finish up cardio. Gonna hurt like hell on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'm actually excited for it.

Its time I switched up the workout routine, its gotten a little stale.

I made the decision today and grabbed my P90X DVD's and started up....man I am gonna hurt tomorrow

Inspiring stuff in this thread guys. Really motivating me to keep going. Started tracking my diet late last week. Needless to say my weekends require a little work :D

TC, that's awesome progress man. In 8 weeks time you'll be able to run through a brick wall.

This thread is awesome. Look at everyone motivating each other. Yesterday was our cheat meal day so we had wings and beers and watched football. For the first time ever, I feel guilty after eating it. Golf today then back to the pump house tomorrow for day 1 of a weight increase. Lets see what I can do!

Weight increase day for me tomorrow too. Today is golf and cardio. I hate cardio day but if it gets me legs like faith hill I guess it's worth it.

Weight increase day for me tomorrow too. Today is golf and cardio. I hate cardio day but if it gets me legs like faith hill I guess it's worth it.

I approve of you having Faith Hill legs!

We'll power through Day 1 of weight increase. It's always intimidating but that's what the previous two weeks were for. It's all a process.

This thread is awesome. Look at everyone motivating each other. Yesterday was our cheat meal day so we had wings and beers and watched football. For the first time ever, I feel guilty after eating it. Golf today then back to the pump house tomorrow for day 1 of a weight increase. Lets see what I can do!

That is awesome dude. Nothing like wings to splurge on. Hit them good today. Asheville CC?

Tapatalkin

I approve of you having Faith Hill legs!

We'll power through Day 1 of weight increase. It's always intimidating but that's what the previous two weeks were for. It's all a process.

Sometimes even 5lbs can be killer. But I'm ready for the challenge.

Especially when you're like me. Doubling your lift weight could be a killer! :D

I went and scoped out benches today.. I don't really want to throw out any crazy money for one, but a lot of them around 1-150 feel really shaky, which I do not like..

I should probably just pull the trigger.. I know it's going to be a better investment for me over a membership somewhere because I'll actually use it here, unlike the membership.

Anyone have a decent home bench they'd recommend?

I would just get the $1 one

Especially when you're like me. Doubling your lift weight could be a killer! :D

Haha I've seen you at the gym a few times I think. Hey you gotta start somewhere

I would just get the $1 one

I guess you could get 149 of them, throw one out every time it breaks and still come out up a dollar!

Haha I've seen you at the gym a few times I think. Hey you gotta start somewhere

I'm the one standing by the cross trainer, chatting to the fit girls and talking about how I'm just into keeping myself toned, yeah.

That is awesome dude. Nothing like wings to splurge on. Hit them good today. Asheville CC?

Tapatalkin

Yes sir, A'ville CC it is today! Should be awesome!

Yeah, my start weight on the flat bench this week will be 185lbs. Can't wait to start hammering them out. The hard part is going to be going to 70lb dumb bells for the incline. I hate that exercise the most I think.

Yeah, my start weight on the flat bench this week will be 185lbs. Can't wait to start hammering them out. The hard part is going to be going to 70lb dumb bells for the incline. I hate that exercise the most I think.

Incline DB's are great for upper pec development. Just make sure you emphasis the squeeze at the top of the motion and stretch all the way to the bottom on the lower portion of the rep. Form over weight on that exercise for sure.

Incline DB's are great for upper pec development. Just make sure you emphasis the squeeze at the top of the motion and stretch all the way to the bottom on the lower portion of the rep. Form over weight on that exercise for sure.

Roger that. I am pretty form conscious my man, but I'm also pretty hardcore about my increases. I can't turn into a monster without pushing myself. I try to never ever lockout my arms when doing any form of chest or shoulder work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back