Reach you 2012 goals?

Thanks smalls for bumping what my actual goals were for 2012...

I broke all three and my honorable mention! I'm really happy about it right now!

I had 4 goals set for this year.

1. Break the single digit mark and stay there. I hit 9.9 for one two week revision period last year. --- This year I broke the barrier in June and have stayed there. Currently 8.4
2. Play in the Mesquite Amateur in Mesquite, NV and make it to championship round. --- This was my first big Am event. Didn't make the champ round or even place in my flight. Finished middle of pack in 17th place. Had a blast though.
3. Win my match play golf league bracket - Finished 3rd in my bracket.
4. Make Golf League end of season tourney. - accomplished, finished in tie for 10th in flight which got me in the Tourney. Finished T5th in flight at Tourney.

All in all a great golfing year. Time to start thinking about goals for 2013.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

1. Break 80 (80 is my current low)
2. Attend or host a THP get to together
3. Help our team win our region of the SCGA match play
4. Eagle a hole
5. Get a putting lesson/fitted for a putter

1. Not yet a few rounds in the mid eighties. Need to play some easier courses:)
2. Yes. Went to LA for a get together that WhiteRhino hosted. Got together with a few THP for a local round. Had a great time.
3. We won our region and advanced to the second round of the playoffs
4. Came close had about a 20ft for eagle last month.
5. Done. New putter and a few lessons with it. Putting is getting better.

My 2012 goals (with results in bold):

1) Loose weight. 20 lbs. by end of April. 40 lbs. by end of August. 60 lbs. by end of December.
Not even close. Lost 10 lbs. and then stalled out. I hope to shed 10 lbs. by the end of the year and keep the pace up in 2013.

2) Learn to swing my driver & 3W properly. I.E. lessons.
Took several lessons. I'm seeing improvement with shorter clubs (5I and below), but if anything, driver & 3w are worse.

3) Putter fitting. Then new putter.
If playing around with the i-ping app counts, I had a putter fitting. I bought a new putter based on the i-ping results. I like it!

4) Play more. Practice more.
Yes and Yes. 40 - plus rounds this season, and practice at least once a week, usually 2-3 times a week.

5) Hope all of the above adds up to leaving 3 digit scores behind for good, but I'd also be happy to just break 100 just half the time.
Never came close to breaking 100, and I'm wondering if doing so may be beyond my physical ability to achieve without a massive increase in practice and playing time. Very disappointing.

I had an unwritten goal to become a better putter. That was given to me by SeeMore. some of my best golf in years is being played right now.

My two goals for this year were to play more often and to improve my level of play in a concrete manner.

I've achieved both - #1 by joining a league where I played every Thursday evening from April through August and #2 by watching my league handicap drop from 20 to 14 with a noticeable improvement in fairways hit, putting accuracy and generally fewer screwed-up shots during the last 6 weeks in particular. This month, I've made another swing change which seems to have added a full club's worth of distance to my irons and hybrids without sacrificing accuracy so I'll try to groove that before the weather gets too cold to play and hopefully carry it through to next spring.

Side note: you know you're improving when you look around at the range and realize you're doing as well or better than most of the other folks there.

For 2013, I'm going to use the same goals. I think my new job will allow me to actually play a lot more overall (yay!) though not on a regular schedule.

Ken

#1 finish my Golftec full swing lessons and learn how to hit the ball from the inside out.
#2 work on my putting would like to average below 30 putts per round.
#3 continue improving my short game

#1 - inconsistently yes i have a lot of work to do this off season at golftec still to keep working on this.

#2- i also have improved a lot with my putting its very close to being around or under 30 a round now

#3- my short game has been so good this year and i have def improved a ton.

All in all for a years time i would say i accomplished a lot. i am looking forward to getting back to work at golftec this off season to work on my full swing and keep improving that to where it should be. i'm pretty happy with where i am with all of my goals i set for myself.

I did achieve some long term goals that span several years.

First, I always want to beat my PR which I did.

Second, to break 70 on the middle tees and back tees at the club and I did that twice on the blues but not the golds (back tees)

And the biggest, I played golf in my 50th state in June on a trip to Alaska.

For my 2012 goals, they were general, to continue walking the course, to continue traveling and playing more courses. All those were achieved.

The next long term goal is to shoot my age--currently 63. Next year I will move up to the white tees a few times and have a go at it, closest I've been is a difference of four from both the whites and blues--my best strategy may be to keep getting older.

Great to see that people have goals, and even better to see that some of the goals were achieved.

My goals for 2012 were:

1. Play at least 50 rounds.
Yes, I'll get about 100 rounds after my trip to Orlando in October. Now at 85-90 rounds.

2. HCP in the beginning 16.9, get that to under 10, or at least under 12.
Yes, 9.4 at lowest, now 9.8.

3. Brake 80 several times.
Yes, 9 rounds under 80. Record 76.

4. Get back to the gym after the golf season is over.
Yes, got already back because the weather started to suck before the season is over.

5. Prohibit my self from getting in to the arms race, and buying too much golf equipment.
Failed. I have bought a set of used irons, a driver, a hybrid (replaced a broken one), two wedges, two driver shafts, two putters, too much balls, a couple of towels, gloves, clothes.

Reached first goal by shooting 79

Working on second getting down to 10 hdcp

Thanks for reviving this thread, hit some of the goals, missed a few

1. First off I want to try and maintain the about 13 handicap I played to towards the end of the year.--YES
2. One I reach goal one, I want to try to get to an 11 by the end of the year.--YES CURRENTLY BUT MAYBE NOT FOR LONG
3. To reach goal #2, I need to drive the ball much more consistently with a DRIVER and not a 3W all the time.--NO, TOO INCONSISTENT
4. More consistent swing with my irons by practicing more and playing less in 2012.--HOT AND COLD WITH IRONS, PRACTICED MORE THIS YEAR BUT STILL NOT ENOUGH
5. Have fun and have more THPers get togethers! --ABSOLUTELY!!

1) put on 10-12 pounds of muscle
2) start yoga to help with lower back issues
3) start taking lessons with my home course pro

All that will lead to being an 8 handicap by July which is the ultimate goal for 2012.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Well damn, I failed on all 3 but got down to an 8 handicap. Hahaha. Go figure.

I wanted to get to a 12 HC - not quite there but close
I wanted to get an eagle - hasn't happened yet :(
I wanted to break 80 - DONE!

My 2 goals for 2012 were to pass the test to be able to play on all courses and to reach a first official handicap of 36 by playing a tournament. passed both of it. actual handicap is 29 ;)

Learn more
Continue to enjoy playing
Drop 5 strokes/round on average
Drop 1000 rpm backspin off my driver swing

Pretty much accomplished all but number 4. Sort of glad I set the bar low.

My goals are.

- Get my handicap to single digits. I dropped from a 18 to a 11.6 this last year. I think it can happen. I just have to break 80 and I think it will be easier after that hump.
- I would like to consistantly putt around 30 putts a round. My scores really dropped when I was close to this around August. I just need to get the confidence back to keep it around that number.
- I would like to get my GIRs over 50% a round. I think this could really help my game out.

Thanks for bumping this.

I have achieved most of these.

1- I am down to a 7.1 now.
2- I had a putter fitting and lesson, my last 3 rounds putts have been- 25, 34, 31. I still need to work on GIR putting.
3- I am still struggling in this area. I have bumped to 38% GIR average. I have been taking lessons and that has helped some. I just need to keep working on the irons.

I've got a few goals for 2012.

1. Finish my bag and feel comfortable with everything top to bottom.
2. Continue improving and enjoying every day out on the course.
3. Keep working on the mental aspects and staying true to my game.
4. Play a couple courses in Monterey.

My goal was to try and break 80. I finally did that with a 78.

My big picture goal(as in I never expected it this year) was to get the handicap to single digits and I've dropped from 15 to 10 and my next revision should get me into the single digits. Its been the year that I've spent the most timenon the game and also made the biggest strides. 2012 has rocked!

When the threads got merged I found that I had responded to the original. So I guess I should be truthful to my actual goals for 2012.

1. Finish my bag and feel comfortable with everything top to bottom. Bag is complete but the driver might need an upgrade.
2. Continue improving and enjoying every day out on the course. Absolutely!
3. Keep working on the mental aspects and staying true to my games. Still a struggle to shrug off a bad score but I have been playing within myself like a champ.
4. Play a couple courses in Monterey. Fail! Hoping to play Poppy Hills before the big renovation starts in March.

Well, I didnt reach mine this year. My goals was to play more, chip better and get back in the 80's but although I got out a bit more , just not enough. For me a lot would have beeen 20 times. Some of you may laugh at that but it is what it is. Due to money and time (and also weather) is about all I can expect. Thats about all I did several years ago when i starting hitting the 80's.
I though if I could golf that much again that it would happen again. Unfortunately a couple of 90 scores and a couple more at 91 are the closest i've came so far in about a dozen rounds. It's just not enough golf for me to eliminate those "total blow-up holes" or to at least get them down to just a couple instead of 4 to 5 of them. In betwen those "blow-ups" I do manage decent golf with some par's and the ocassional birdie. But just not enough rounds of golf to stay consistant.
My chipping did get better though because i was able to practice a bit in my yard. So i did partialy reach that one. Though much harder to do when actually playing a round and again with only about a dozen of them, what can i really expect?

I completed about half of my 2012 goals but of the ones i didn't complete i was happy with the results i managed to achieve because i feel my scoring was a lot more honest this season (my 2nd full season playing) then last year and although my scores didn't drop as much on the cards my play was a lot better.

I just got back into golf this year after a couple years off. My first couple of rounds were pretty bad (right at 100). So my goals were (1) to replace my full bag and (2) to get below an 18 HC (don't have an official one, just unofficial, but still). And I accomplished both of those (current unofficial HC is a 15.3. Next year, I'm going to have to really think about what my goals will be. I'll probably take an ambitious line...

Surprisingly, throughout all my struggles this season, my handicap improved quite significantly.

Having just called it a season due to weather, I realize the highs and lows were all just part of the process. You have to struggle through the bad to come out with the good.

I am very optimistic for next season. I would like to see a 4 stroke mprovement on my handicap, and an improved short game. I know I need to work at it, and an offseason routine of physical activity will hopefully give me a jumpstart come spring.

One goal was to shoot a 69 on my home course (Newman GC in Peoria Illinois) My best round was a 72. Unfortunately since then my game has kind of faded and I am now focusing on the swing corrections I need to work on over the winter and may only get to play the course a couple more times before the snow starts falling.

I did. I broke 80 multiple times and got my average round consistently down into the low 80s.

In no particular order: get to a single digit handicap, win the Morgan Cup, shoot my personal best (79 right now), hit 50% or more GIR.

Sadly, didn't do any of these. My handicap is still double digits (just barely), didn't win the Morgan Cup, shot 79 once, and am still hitting <40% of GIR. Pretty disappointing year all around.

I broke into the single digits, got my handicap to the lowest point ever, broke 80 for the first time, and had my first eagle. Sadly I still made a 10 or 2. Always room for improvement.

Sadly, didn't do any of these. My handicap is still double digits (just barely), didn't win the Morgan Cup, shot 79 once, and am still hitting <40% of GIR. Pretty disappointing year all around.

You and dean did beat ChunkyCookie, and for that, I thank you sir.

Back