The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event - How To Enter The 2013 Morgan Cup

Can't wait to see them Jman!

One take on the bio and two on the promo. Teaching has been oto me for talking in front of people/camera's I guess. I dunno. Not flashy, but I was me and thats all I wanted out of it.

I never would have thought the time limits were an issue, but I struggled. Especially with the bio video.

Me as well, I probably shot 10 different versions of it!

I'm hoping the judges like mine. I showed them to a few people I know and they said they were good.

I had a really hard time getting my bio to fit the 1 minute mark. Took about 20 tries to get it under.

Officially less than a week to get videos in. So, who is still working on theirs this week?

I am Cookie! But not because of putting it off. My bio idea has changed a couple of times and I know what direction I'm going now. Heading out in a bit to actually get some of that done today and should be done with it by Wed or Thurs. Needless to say will be in by Saturday. It's been a fun process either way and can't wait to see the other videos in this!

Well it's official, I can't go to MC3. I have our biggest trade show of they year that weekend, and no one is getting time off for it. Maybe MC4

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

I am Cookie! But not because of putting it off. My bio idea has changed a couple of times and I know what direction I'm going now. Heading out in a bit to actually get some of that done today and should be done with it by Wed or Thurs. Needless to say will be in by Saturday. It's been a fun process either way and can't wait to see the other videos in this!

Excited to see yours dude. It is such a good feeling turning these things in.

I'll have my promo done today. Need to put final touches on the intro and ill be set

One take on the bio and two on the promo. Teaching has been oto me for talking in front of people/camera's I guess. I dunno. Not flashy, but I was me and thats all I wanted out of it.

Thats what I did as well dude, just spoke from the heart on my bio. Like I said earlier, I am happy with them and I tried my best. If I don't get in I cant say it was for a lack of trying, as I racked my brain for my dang promo

I'll have my promo done today. Need to put final touches on the intro and ill be set

i wonder how orange your videos will be!

I had a blast doing mine this year. I added some of my personal character and spoke from the heart in my bio. I had some fun with the club promo. It was fun to do and people around the club house enjoyed it too. HAHA

lol yeah that's me to T. Nah in the MC I will stand on your ball while you are looking and then pick it up and put in my pocket. Time to head back to the tee.

I knew you were doing that!

By the way that avatar is genius. Looks good on you :alien:

Nothing flashy needed Jman, lots of great entries last year of guys just sitting in front of the camera. Just as JB has mentioned several times, its about the message, not the fancy stuff. I hope guys aren't getting too caught up in the flashiness and losing some of the message in their videos.

The bittersweet part of making it into the THP Outing is that I know that I won't be able to participate in the MC. (Certainly not presuming that I would be chosen, but there's likely no way I could attend the Outing and the MC with the rest of my summer schedule.)

The thing I've realized about the MC is that it's not just an unbelievable opportunity for the participants. It's a celebration of golf, THP and its members. I'm pulling for everyone who has submitted an audition tape, because it means that you want to celebrate what makes golf and THP great. (Of course, it's also a fantastic opportunity to garner some ridiculously nice equipment and swag, but that's beside the point.) I will be thrilled for those who are selected, and I look forward to watching the Internet broadcast on THP.

Good luck to everyone. The 2012 MC looked like a fantastic event, and I know that the 2013 version will only surpass it.

I have this urge to make new videos, to re-think everything, I start worrying...did I make good enough, did I edit too much, is there a message... all sorts of thoughts :) I made them on an instinct, I've got to trust my gut, they were the best I could do, and if that's not enough, I wish all those who get chosen good luck & congrats!

I have this urge to make new videos, to re-think everything, I start worrying...did I make good enough, did I edit too much, is there a message... all sorts of thoughts :) I made them on an instinct, I've got to trust my gut, they were the best I could do, and if that's not enough, I wish all those who get chosen good luck & congrats!

I agree trust your gut. After I made my videos last year I had what I thought was a better idea at the time. I ran out of time to re-shoot and submitted my original videos. Looking back I am glad I did as I don't think my great second idea would have gone over as well as my first did.

If I dearly wanted to get in, a tattoo parlor would be involved. No way they can say no when you have permanent ink!

I think you will be fine. If you tried your best thats all you can dude dude. Its how I feel. I am just ainxious to see who is selected

If I dearly wanted to get in, a tattoo parlor would be involved. No way they can say no when you have permanent ink!

Yeah? What would you get? A "MC" or something?

I'm glad you decided to enter

Thats what I did as well dude, just spoke from the heart on my bio. Like I said earlier, I am happy with them and I tried my best. If I don't get in I cant say it was for a lack of trying, as I racked my brain for my dang promo
That is all you can do. Put out there and the chips fall where they may.

My vids are done and posted. I know they probably wont be the best that get submitted, but I hope I make THP proud with the effort and the message. I want the OEMs to be really impressed by the quantity and quality of submissions.

My vids are done and posted. I know they probably wont be the best that get submitted, but I hope I make THP proud with the effort and the message. I want the OEMs to be really impressed by the quantity and quality of submissions.

good luck buddy

Congrats on getting them done, looking forward to hopefully seeing them!

Back