2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the feedback we received, there are so many exceptional videos. We have not received final tallies yet, but I would venture to say it is going to be very close.

Great to hear. It's awesome to see so many people put in such great effort.

It's like a small gathering in this thread with the Captians sticking their heads in. God to see the heads of the four families having a laugh

The heads of the 4 families. They are ready to make offers you can't refuse!

Based on the feedback we received, there are so many exceptional videos. We have not received final tallies yet, but I would venture to say it is going to be very close.

Have any of the judges finished their scoring/judging? And I am glad I do not know who the judges are! I would struggle so hard not to lobby.

I am glad the judges have enjoyed the process, and hopefully it gives some more folks a glimpse as to what the Morgan Cup is all about.

This makes me incredibly happy and incredibly nervous at the same time, hehe. Glad to hear that there are so many good videos. Can't wait to see people's submissions when the time comes.

Will we get to know the judges after the decision is made?

I know I should know this, but how will and when will this all be announced.

Have any of the judges finished their scoring/judging? And I am glad I do not know who the judges are! I would struggle so hard not to lobby.

Yes...

Will we get to know the judges after the decision is made?

No. We believe its best to keep their anonymity. This way there is nobody with hard feelings towards someone they do not know.

Aaaaaaaaand my stomach is in knots once again.

I know I should know this, but how will and when will this all be announced.

we will find out Friday morning how and announcements will start Sunday

Yes...

No. We believe its best to keep their anonymity. This way there is nobody with hard feelings towards someone they do not know.

That makes sense.

Another day closer gents.

Here's my question for the forum: In the first match of the 2013 Morgan Cup, should ddec hit the first tee shot to keep the tradition alive, or should Chunky get that honor as the captain of the defending champions of the event? I think that both men are quite deserving of it, but only one can do it, so what does everyone say?

Personally, it was AWESOME to stand on the first tee for the past 2 years and get to swing away knowing that ddec had already put a ball in the fairway, he handled the nerves of being first man off of the tee better that anyone. However, I think that it would be a very nice honor for the captain of the prior Cup's winner to put the first ball in the air next year, so I vote for chunky in this scenario.

The best part of this process is the interaction we get to have with one another! We get to share our excitement and enjoy this ride together to the end even if we aren't selected. How cool is that?

Look at it this way, usually one sends a video in and they just have to wait to see if they are selected and has no interaction with other possible participants. The majority of the time the deadline passes and you're in the same place you were before. At least this way, if a person is not selected they have the option and choice to stay involved with the event. That's what makes this event special!

Good luck hackers

Tappin it Gangnam style

Here's my question for the forum: In the first match of the 2013 Morgan Cup, should ddec hit the first tee shot to keep the tradition alive, or should Chunky get that honor as the captain of the defending champions of the event? I think that both men are quite deserving of it, but only one can do it, so what does everyone say?

Personally, it was AWESOME to stand on the first tee for the past 2 years and get to swing away knowing that ddec had already put a ball in the fairway, he handled the nerves of being first man off of the tee better that anyone. However, I think that it would be a very nice honor for the captain of the prior Cup's winner to put the first ball in the air next year, so I vote for chunky in this scenario.

We actually had this discussion the other day in Ohio and came up with a very nice replacement. And it was not Chunky

In my opinion, maybe the only TWO TIME MC Champion should hit the 1st shot. Just my thoughts though.

In my opinion, maybe the only TWO TIME MC Champion should hit the 1st shot. Just my thoughts though.
*clears throat*

One-T!

What happens if they arent in the first group?

I was wondering why ddec and TyNo were practicing hitting at the same time on Sunday.. It's all so clear now.

just remember who stuck that shot tight.

What happens if they arent in the first group?

Sounds like someone makes sure they are in the first group. Just like they did with Dean in 2012.

That makes perfect sense. What a freakin honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back