Staff Bags & Using Them

i have never owned a staff bag but the thought of getting one for the Morgan Cup is one of the things i am most looking forward to. I dunno if id game it on the course much if at all besides the Morgan Cup i think it will be one of the things i will cherish most from the event equipment wise so i dunno if id want it to get all beat up. Although the thought of extra room for putters is VERY intriguing.

Was thinking the same thing.....never owned one.

Was thinking the same thing.....never owned one.

Yeah more of a keepsake if anything

Or just load it up when I want to do range only so people think I'm a big deal...til they see me hit the ball

I was proud of the Callaway staff bag and loved using it in every day rounds. I was going to keep it pristine until the event, but I would suggest to all the new Morgan Cuppers to rep your sponsor by taking the bag out when you play (if you normally ride).

Just my opinion ..but if you use a fancy staff bag with your name on it, ya better have game or you're going to look like a poser.

I guess you can call me a poser!!!

I was proud of the Callaway staff bag and loved using it in every day rounds. I was going to keep it pristine until the event, but I would suggest to all the new Morgan Cuppers to rep your sponsor by taking the bag out when you play (if you normally ride).

that's the best thing one can do, besides, I've played with mine in the rain etc and I still keep the white clean and staff bags are usually very durable and they look great.

Just my opinion ..but if you use a fancy staff bag with your name on it, ya better have game or you're going to look like a poser.

call me a poser too lol there is nothing wrong with playing with a durable bag, If I spent thousands on my equipment, there is nothing wrong with buying a durable bag to keep them in. In that case we should all play walmart brand clubs since we don't want to play with equipment professionals play lol

I can't wait for my staff bag. It'll be one of my prize possessions.

TT on iPad

you can't go wrong with the current Callaway, Cobra, Cleveland or Bridgestone staff bags lol

drooling starts now

1023073-aaa.jpg

Callaway RAZR Staff Bag 2012_175.jpg

tourstaffbag.jpg

resizer.php

who knows what their 2013 models will be like

That's a good idea. Be able to telling people about our sponsors, THP and the Morgan Cup

I have some pictures of the Cleveland staff bags from this year at a demo day, so beautiful

8152738270_f2f221781f.jpg

8152739002_8c0b867370.jpg

call me a poser too lol there is nothing wrong with playing with a durable bag, If I spent thousands on my equipment, there is nothing wrong with buying a durable bag to keep them in. In that case we should all play walmart brand clubs since we don't want to play with equipment professionals play lol

Main thing to me is the name on the bag, I don't think much when I see a staff bag, but if you're rocking a staff bag showing off your name and such ..I'd expect you to be able to hit the ball better than I can lol. Like I said.. just my opinion, doesn't mean much. By all means, use the equipment that makes you happy, your opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to your gear!

there was a SIIIIICKKKK taylormade R11 staff bag that looked like it was in prestine condition for $75 on craigslist.. too bad i live in oregon. play a couple holes with in and the only white you'd be able to see is the inside of the pockets..

I would agree with Smalls....load it up and start using it....it gives people the chance to ask you questions and it give you the chance to rep THP and your sponsors even more. I kept mine in my den for a long time and then finally took it out on a round with ThreeBoysDad and his son and they raved about it...played the next day at my home course and everybody wanted to know about it.....so Use it as much as you can and rep the heck out of THP and your sponsor.

I would agree with Smalls....load it up and start using it....it gives people the chance to ask you questions and it give you the chance to rep THP and your sponsors even more. I kept mine in my den for a long time and then finally took it out on a round with ThreeBoysDad and his son and they raved about it...played the next day at my home course and everybody wanted to know about it.....so Use it as much as you can and rep the heck out of THP and your sponsor.

exactly! they don't give them to you just for MC usage.

Main thing to me is the name on the bag, I don't think much when I see a staff bag, but if you're rocking a staff bag showing off your name and such ..I'd expect you to be able to hit the ball better than I can lol. Like I said.. just my opinion, doesn't mean much. By all means, use the equipment that makes you happy, your opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to your gear!

lol, I have one staff bag with a name and another without one, I like it because the one with a name was a gift

I know what you mean, and I agree on the happy part :) I've come to terms with all sorts of people and equipment and I do feel that if some kind gear makes someone happy, I don't care how good he or she is. Of course it could be funny sometimes if it's totally out of place, but is it any different to have your name on a bag, or using customized wedges or paying 350 USD for putter and still miss those 3 footers?

I have a TM one but won't get another one. I never use them. A good waterproof carrybag is all I need.

On a weird side note, I primarily walk and use a clic gear, has anyone tried a staff bag on them?

On a weird side note, I primarily walk and use a clic gear, has anyone tried a staff bag on them?

I have a bag boy quad and my staffer fits perfectly.
I also have a 9" top on my staff bag.

Ya I walk with a clic and staff bag. Just have to coordinate where all your stuff is in the pockets. I set mine up on the side but have noticed one fella had his set up wierd to me. I cannot wait to rock my new cobra SB. The Mr. has in the pic up there. If someone ever teases me about having a 'pro' bag. I just show them carrying capacity...

but is it any different to have your name on a bag, or using customized wedges or paying 350 USD for putter and still miss those 3 footers?

Wedges or putter directly affect how you score in the game, bag only protects the equipment you use in the game.

If you are around scratch put your name on the bag, if higher than that probably work on the game to get to that level before putting your name on IMO.

It's people's own money, I don't care if you are a 30 capper, if you want to drop the change on a staff bag with name and it makes you happy...then rock that sucker.

Why so many care what others do by their own means blows my mind. Do what makes you happy, to heck with everyone else.

This thread always makes me laugh. I'm super pumped for the MC'ers and can't wait to see what you gents get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wedges or putter directly affect how you score in the game, bag only protects the equipment you use in the game.

If you are around scratch put your name on the bag, if higher than that probably work on the game to get to that level before putting your name on IMO.

That's fine. You can have a wrong opinion :alien:

Back