2013 Nike Lunar Control Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
**This is a Press Release**

Nike Golf Athletes to Debut New Nike Lunar Control Footwear

BEAVERTON, Ore. (November 8, 2012)– Nike Golf Athletes will debut the latest Lunar Control footwear at the Children’s Miracle Network in Orlando and in Dubai for the European Tour’s DP World Tour Championship.

The new Nike Lunar Control footwear, available January 1, 2013, imparts innovation in every detail, delivering performance that exceeds athletes’ expectations.

Distinguishing from the original Nike Lunar Control golf shoe, the new Lunar Control footwear features a full-length Lunarlon cushioning system, providing lightweight comfort, optimal ground-feel, and all-day support throughout the entire shoe.

The Lunarlon cushioning system is a proprietary technology from Nike that offers comfort and stability where athletes need it most. The Lunarlon Foam midsole is lightweight, durable and highly responsive, resulting in a unique combination of cushioning and support.

Another differentiating detail from the original Lunar Control is increased Nike Flywire technology, wrapping from the midfoot to heel to provide targeted support and lightweight structure.

A Nike Power Platform stabilizes the foot to offer better balance, smoother weight transfer and more power through impact. Working in conjunction with the Power Platform is the patent pending Power Transfer Zone technology which allows for constant contact and a smooth transfer of power at impact.

This construction of the saddle panel combined with a carved out TPU, works with the foot to allow natural range of motion and improved flexibility. This technology not only elevates performance, but it has also reduced the weight of the original Nike Lunar Control from 14.6oz to 13.4oz (.6oz per shoe).

“We take inspiration from our athletes and work to amplify performance in every aspect of their game,” said Nike Golf’s Footwear Product Director, Lee Walker. “When you’re on your feet all day every day, practicing and competing, every ounce makes a difference.”

The Nike Lunar Control will be available in 6 colorways with wide options.

Key Features:

• Waterproof premium leather upper
  • Flywire midfoot saddle
  • Full length Lunarlon cushioning
  • Nike Power Platform
  • 2-year Waterproof Warranty
Nike Lunar Control
Available: 1/1/2013
MSRP: $200.00
MAP: $159.99

Sizes: 7-12, 13, 14, 15 (MED); 7.5-12, 13, 14 (WIDE).
Colors: Black/Reflect Silver-Metallic Pewter-Volt, Black/Reflect Silver-Volt-Black, White/Reflect Silver-PR Platinum-PR P, White/Reflect Silver-Hyper Red-Anthr, White/Reflect Silver-Volt-Volt, White/Reflect Silver-Pht Bl-Anthrc

Lunar Control II White-L.jpg

Blue Lunar Control-L.jpg

Group Soldier-L.jpg

Lunar Control II Black-L.jpg

I love me some Lunar Controls. I hope Nike didnt mess up the best shoe on the market. I will be following the reviews on these closely, I really dont know how they could be any better than the current version.

I think I might want 1 of each. Good lord those look good. Big fan of blue and white and neon and white as they are different than all of my other LCs.

Wow those look sweet, loving the white and silver as well as the white and blue ones

• Staff
White/Black/Silver and White/Blue are both very nice.

Mark me down as interested in the all black. Good looking shoe, as usual, from Nike.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Those look absolutely amazing.

I think I might want 1 of each. Good lord those look good. Big fan of blue and white and neon and white as they are different than all of my other LCs.

They do look pretty good, and all the improvements listed over the original LCs sound nice, but man I am skeptical. Not that a better shoe isnt possible, I just hope they didnt ruin a good thing. I'd wear my original LCs to work everyday if i could, I flat out love those things.

I'm always a fan of the Nike Lunar Control lines, I can't wait to buy me some

Look very nice. I think my fav would be neon on white or grey on black. hmmmmm.

Yikes! my wallet is in trouble in 2013.

Those look good. Probably a bit expensive for me, though I do need a white pair of shoes...

Look really good!! Very easy on the eyes

Really not liking the style as much as the old ones, BUT these are so comfortable, I could get past the looks.

They do look pretty good, and all the improvements listed over the original LCs sound nice, but man I am skeptical. Not that a better shoe isnt possible, I just hope they didnt ruin a good thing. I'd wear my original LCs to work everyday if i could, I flat out love those things.

Me too, my favorite golf shoes right now.

Really not liking the style as much as the old ones, BUT these are so comfortable, I could get past the looks.

Where did you try them? I need to get there...

Where did you try them? I need to get there...

Sorry, should have specified the old ones are comfortable. I'm guessing they haven't changed the fit.

Love these! I put off buying shoes this past year because of The Morgan Cup but I really want to get a new pair for Christmas, these definitely are at the top of the list! Love the white/blue!

These are sick looking. I like all the colors. I don't need new ones and am still partial to the TW shoes!

Sorry, should have specified the old ones are comfortable. I'm guessing they haven't changed the fit.

No problem, didnt know if you folks up north had a hook up. But yes, they are very comfy.

Nice looking shoe's here, especially the black and green/yellow (what ever it is)

I'm digging the looks of these things. If I were in the market for new shoes, I would definitely check these out.

Love the new styling. The color schemes and accents rock. I've always heard amazing things about these and can't wait to try some on!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

No problem, didnt know if you folks up north had a hook up. But yes, they are very comfy.

Nah. If anything sometimes behind you guys in the south when it comes to new products.

I've seen a couple things from reps for next year, but unfortunately we don't deal with Nike.

Back