Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not so sure about that. OU fans travel very well. Does nobody remember the news before the FSU game? There was talk on the news that Clemson had not sold their tickets out for the game and were going to have to send them back. Late push got them sold of course, but this is their biggest ACC game of the year and its only 8 hours away.

The flipside is that every Nole fan knows that Clemson fans for the most part are welcome in Doak because most are great fans, support their teams and do so with class. That is the alums I speak of.

But the sheer amount of fans, is so less than OU, that it would be hard to make that comparison for a BCS game in my opinion.

I'm in the camp that doesn't think Clemson gets an at-large bid. I'd really like to, but I don't see it happening.

We will see how it plays out. I'm still waiting for Clemson to return to form and drop a game to Maryland or NCST.

The Sugar Bowl prediction I was thinking about was from Phil Steele. He posted the link on twitter with a teaser for Clemson fans -- something like, "Here are the bowl predictions, Clemson fans will really like them." He has chanced the Sugar Bowl prediction from Clemson/UGA to Oklahoma/UGA. I guess OU's performance against Iowa State made the ND loss disappear.

It will be interesting to see how things play out.

If we lose to Maryland I'll cry. They're on like their 4th or 5th QB.

That is surprising. The few I have seen have UF vs OU in the Sugar Bowl and FSU in the Orange Bowl. Then seeing Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl as the ACC #2. In fact just read that on CBS Bowl projections this morning.
I actually found those projections surprising to see Nebraska in the Rose Bowl against Oregon St, don't get me wrong I'd be ecstatic but I was just surprised.

Live here for 5 minutes and even Rickie Fowler would hate orange. Actually had a guy tell me this the other day. "Well we have a National Championship, where did you go USC? They like have not.". I said FSU and the remark was "oh".

You know its bad as an FSU fan when you are comparing your current QB to Chris Rix and even then there is no comparison.

Ha! Clemson fans are the college version of most Cowboy fans. Speaking of QB, the second stringer for FSU is supposedly a stud in waiting correct? I was talking with some UF alums last week and his name came up, I was impressed they spoke highly of him.

Ha! Clemson fans are the college version of most Cowboy fans. Speaking of QB, the second stringer for FSU is supposedly a stud in waiting correct? I was talking with some UF alums last week and his name came up, I was impressed they spoke highly of him.

That is the word. Then again, we have heard that about Rix, Manuel, Kannell, Busby, Weatherford and Lee. Hmmmm......

If we lose to Maryland I'll cry. They're on like their 4th or 5th QB.

I suspect Clemson crushes Maryland this weekend. You (almost) have to feel bad for Maryland because of the ridiculous amount of injuries. On top of all of the QB losses, they lost their top tackler and their stud freshman WR for the Clemson game. It is not going to be pretty -- still DVR-worthy, though.

The real test for Clemson's mental focus will be NCST. The game likely means nothing for the ACC division race, and South Carolina is coming to town the following weekend. This is the exact trap game that Tommy Bowden consistently lost while at Clemson. It looks like the team is actually focused from week to week now, but I'm still waiting for the old Clemson to appear next week.

I suspect Clemson crushes Maryland this weekend. You (almost) have to feel bad for Maryland because of the ridiculous amount of injuries. On top of all of the QB losses, they lost their top tackler and their stud freshman WR for the Clemson game. It is not going to be pretty -- still DVR-worthy, though.

The real test for Clemson's mental focus will be NCST. The game likely means nothing for the ACC division race, and South Carolina is coming to town the following weekend. This is the exact trap game that Tommy Bowden consistently lost while at Clemson. It looks like the team is actually focused from week to week now, but I'm still waiting for the old Clemson to appear next week.

I definitely look forward to the next few weeks for Clemson football. It sucks that I have to miss 2 of the last 3 games, but oh well.

I definitely look forward to the next few weeks for Clemson football. It sucks that I have to miss 2 of the last 3 games, but oh well.

The Clemson/South Carolina game used to be played the weekend before Thanksgiving. A lot of people were really upset (and many still are) that the game is now played Thanksgiving weekend because it causes a rift between football and family. I have not been to a Clemson/South Carolina game since they changed weekends, and I don't anticipate attending one any time soon. For me, Thanksgiving weekend is all about family.

The Clemson/South Carolina game used to be played the weekend before Thanksgiving. A lot of people were really upset (and many still are) that the game is now played Thanksgiving weekend because it causes a rift between football and family. I have not been to a Clemson/South Carolina game since they changed weekends, and I don't anticipate attending one any time soon. For me, Thanksgiving weekend is all about family.

I can't go because I'll be in NJ. I fly out of here Tuesday night and it seems like a waste to fly back Friday. It really sucks that I have to miss it.

That is the word. Then again, we have heard that about Rix, Manuel, Kannell, Busby, Weatherford and Lee. Hmmmm......

Don't be hatin on Busby, that dude was the man.

.... Wyatt Sexton. :pukes:

Freakin Chris Rix. I can't believe he's second all time at fsu for passing yards and maybe even td's.

This Manziel kid for Texas A&M is really making some plays against Alabama's defense... 14-0 A&M

Bama down by 14, wow.

3rd and 6, Manziel ran for 30ish yards. He is shredding this defense.

Johnny Football is a beast wow.

Oregon losing too. Ohio St is gonna be top 3.

Manziel is amazing. Wow. Terrific O-Line play too.

I'm in a state of amazed shock, honestly. A&M is playing beautiful football.
Wow I can't believe bama is getting gashed like this.

That's a TD but bad initial call by refs... Let's see if they give it to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back