Putting - What Is Your Percentage?

Agreed and exactly why I stated in my earlier post that I was basing my percentages from the greens at my home course which are small and flat. If I played tougher greens with more undulation and break, without doubt the percentages would be quite a bit lower.
I understand that you are basing your statement on your perceived skill level, but I think you're selling yourself short. You are a much better putter than I think you give yourself credit.

when looking at the stats of the pros we have to remember that they putt the same greens and courses each year. So each tournament is like a one game. Rookies really have different stats than the vets.

It proves that I am terrible at putting :(

Join the crowd. It's the one thing I actually practice quite a bit, and I still have days where nothing falls. While I expect to make a lot of putts in the ranges listed, I know I realistically miss more than I make.

Well, those statistics of the PGA make me think my 5 foot range is a bit high, which I said was 85%. I really did think hard about it. I have a hard time revising that down. Because of the way I play at the course I play at, 5 footers are where I spend most of my putting. I'll revise down, to 75%, just because. But I really am completely confident in my 5 foot range putts.

~Rock

According to my skycaddie I average 1.864 putts per hole. Definitely need to get that down a bit.
Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

According to my skycaddie I average 1.864 putts per hole. Definitely need to get that down a bit.
Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

solid skim!

hopefully its not counting chutts as putts

Man I hit nowhere near as many 5 footers as a lot of you
5- 50%
10- 10%
15- 1%

Realistically I am probably in this range. My putting is atrocious. I guess that is expected considering I spend very little time on it. I am normally a pretty good golfer from tee to green, but all bets are off after that.

I really don't make many long putts but I've only got to play a couple of rounds with my seemore before the snows hit and my putting with it was better than normal and I was hitting some long putts.

If I had to guess what my averages were for this past year I'd probably say they're something like
5 - 40%
10 - 3%
15 - 1%

I really don't one putt much at all but I also keep 3 putts fairly low

when looking at the stats of the pros we have to remember that they putt the same greens and courses each year. So each tournament is like a one game. Rookies really have different stats than the vets.

Not only that, but they have every green drawn out in their yardage books with slopes and breaks from certain places and pin positions logged.....they have those things mapped out.

5' - Maybe 45%. Not more than half. I'd need to get to 3' to safely say 66%.
10' - 10%
15' - 5%? 7%? I don't find going from 10-15 hurts as much as 5-10.

Look at a scramble. How many times does your team have 15', 4 chances, and still not make it? And there, everything's in your favor. I know that even if I've GOT a perfect read, I don't hit the line/speed probably a third of the time.

i'm guessing but prob a lot closer than what most people think they are. even if you look at the pros their numbers aren't as high as you'd expect.

5- 60%
10-30%
15- 5%

i'm guessing but prob a lot closer than what most people think they are. even if you look at the pros their numbers aren't as high as you'd expect.

5- 60%
10-30%
15- 5%

Yeah I think I'm right in that neighborhood with u, except today it was 0% across the board

I think my stats are probably as follows:

5' - 50%
10' - 25%
15' - 10%

Here is a foot by foot breakdown of PGA players from 2010.
http://www.pgatour.com/r/strokes-gained-putting-baseline/index.html

I would guess I am about half as good as putter as the average PGA tour player at putting, and I consider myself to be a fairly good putter. So my guess is

5 ft - 37.5%
10 ft - 19%
15 ft - 11%

Nothing to back this up but I imagine most folks think they putt better than they actually do.

I would guess I am about half as good as putter as the average PGA tour player at putting, and I consider myself to be a fairly good putter. So my guess is

5 ft - 37.5%
10 ft - 19%
15 ft - 11%

Nothing to back this up but I imagine most folks think they putt better than they actually do.

I agree with both points above, I think you are a good putter too and I think most folks over estimate their percentages. We tend to blame those misses on something else but a miss is a miss.

I am putting better than ever, and last few rounds have been surprising to me.
This is a guesstimate, but i feel it's not too far off.

5ft- 80%
10ft- 60%
15ft- 45%
outside of 15ft- 15-25%

I came up with a spreadsheet some time ago to take a look over a months rounds in peak summer. :D 1.63 Putts per hole, 1.81 putts after GIR.

Distance353025201510987654321
Made putt dist20000002067842815
Attempted dist7136160072871052815
29%0%0%0%0%0%0%29%0%75%100%80%80%100%100%

I came up with a spreadsheet some time ago to take a look over a months rounds in peak summer. :D 1.63 Putts per hole, 1.81 putts after GIR.

Distance353025201510987654321
Made putt dist20000002067842815
Attempted dist7136160072871052815
29%0%0%0%0%0%0%29%0%75%100%80%80%100%100%

i don't understand this chart... :confused2:

i don't understand this chart... :confused2:

It lists the distance of putts, then the number he made followed by the number he attempted at that distance and the percentage...look at 35 feet....he has attempted 7 and made 2 of them for a 29% percentage.....does that help?

Here is my best guesstimate
5 ft - 45
10 ft - 30
15 ft - 25

im not the best putter, but I do lag quite well

Back