Florida Golf Get-togethers

Careful what you wish for....Ryan is deadly on that course.

Do they not have par 3s there?

Great 4some of quality thpers u guys have, enjoy

Careful what you wish for....Ryan is deadly on that course.

I fully expect him to bring it. He's gonna need to bring a nice wire brush though to get my grooves clean after 18 :)

Wake and I tee'd it up today in Sarasota at Stoneybrook at Heritage Harbour, always a great time playing with fellow THPers. Wind got a bit crazy on us toward the end of the round, but we were both able to overcome some struggles on the front for a nice turn around 9 on the back.

Wake and I tee'd it up today in Sarasota at Stoneybrook at Heritage Harbour, always a great time playing with fellow THPers. Wind got a bit crazy on us toward the end of the round, but we were both able to overcome some struggles on the front for a nice turn around 9 on the back.

You guys are in for a treat next weekend. 4 great THPers to play with and one of my favorite courses in Fl. I am depressed I am not going to make it.

Ok, so the tee times are made for this Saturday, 11/17. We have two tee times, 9:35 and 9:41. University Park is in PERFECT condition right now, cant wait to get on that course!

Wake was able to move some stuff around at work, so he will be making it down to play with us and will hopefully be bringing someone along with him. SW is working on bringing another as well. Looks like we should be able to get 8 out for this one.

Ok, so the tee times are made for this Saturday, 11/17. We have two tee times, 9:35 and 9:41. University Park is in PERFECT condition right now, cant wait to get on that course!

Wake was able to move some stuff around at work, so he will be making it down to play with us and will hopefully be bringing someone along with him. SW is working on bringing another as well. Looks like we should be able to get 8 out for this one.

I'm looking forward to some pics and round summary. Have fun everyone.

War, what's the rate? I lost my play money card so I gotta move funds around.

War, what's the rate? I lost my play money card so I gotta move funds around.
Rates went up a few weeks back, but we are looking at $59 which includes range balls.

How is Stoneybrook? It's a course JB annd I were supposed to play together when we still lived in Florida but never got around to it. I believe he has played it before though. Was it in good condition?

Rates went up a few weeks back, but we are looking at $59 which includes range balls.

That's insanely lower than I was expecting for a morning round. Guess that means more beer and wings afterwards!

How is Stoneybrook? It's a course JB annd I were supposed to play together when we still lived in Florida but never got around to it. I believe he has played it before though. Was it in good condition?

It is in poor shape from what it used to be with weeds in the bunkers. Very sparse as far as grass is concerned. Greens are still in good shape.

Stonebrook at Heritage Harbour is where Wake and I played on Sunday. They recently overseeded the tee boxes but they were still in great condition. The greens are in perfect shape right now and were rolling really, really well. I've always enjoyed this course, nice open layout that is fairly forgiving off the tee as long as you play away from the water that's on almost every hole. This course and Riverstrand next to it are two of the courses I always enjoy playing.

It is in poor shape from what it used to be with weeds in the bunkers. Very sparse as far as grass is concerned. Greens are still in good shape.
I believe she was talking about Stoneybrook at Heritage Harbour?

Stonebrook at Heritage Harbour is where Wake and I played on Sunday. They recently overseeded the tee boxes but they were still in great condition. The greens are in perfect shape right now and were rolling really, really well. I've always enjoyed this course, nice open layout that is fairly forgiving off the tee as long as you play away from the water that's on almost every hole. This course and Riverstrand next to it are two of the courses I always enjoy playing.

I believe she was talking about Stoneybrook at Heritage Harbour?

That's correct, I was talking about Stoneybrook at Heritage Harbour, not the one in South Sarasota or the ones in Orlando. I always forget there are many Stoneybrook golf courses. The one at Heritage Harbour, Riverstrand and Waterlefe (all in the same general area) are three courses I have wanted to play.

That's correct, I was talking about Stoneybrook at Heritage Harbour, not the one in South Sarasota or the ones in Orlando. I always forget there are many Stoneybrook golf courses. The one at Heritage Harbour, Riverstrand and Waterlefe (all in the same general area) are three courses I have wanted to play.
I love Waterlefe, just a nice course and always well maintained.

I hadnt played Riverstrand in years up until about 2-3 months ago, and have forgotten how much I enjoyed the course. Especially like the fact that they have 27 holes and enforce pace of play, really helps out during this time of the year.

I love Waterlefe, just a nice course and always well maintained.

I hadnt played Riverstrand in years up until about 2-3 months ago, and have forgotten how much I enjoyed the course. Especially like the fact that they have 27 holes and enforce pace of play, really helps out during this time of the year.

I just love the neighborhood Waterlefe is in. I forget how slow and expensive winter golf is in Florida, but it really is the best time of year to be on the golf course there.

I just love the neighborhood Waterlefe is in. I forget how slow and expensive winter golf is in Florida, but it really is the best time of year to be on the golf course there.
Thankfully a lot of the courses around Sarasota are offering a discount if you have a local address on an ID. A lot are still offering the Summer rates if you have the Summer Card down here as well.

For winter and earlyish weekend morning, that's a great rate indeed. Really looking forward to this one!

Glad you could move stuff around Wake! I feel like we haven't played together in years

For winter and earlyish weekend morning, that's a great rate indeed. Really looking forward to this one!

Glad you could move stuff around Wake! I feel like we haven't played together in years

It's been a little while, I'm really looking forward to the round.

I liked Stoneybrook at Heritage Harbor. It was a nice layout that rewarded a good shot but wasn't overly penal. The course was in good shape and the greens were great.

I do hate winter golf in Florida, overpriced and the pace of play can be horrible. I actually prefer to play in the heat.

Sounds like you guys are gonna have a great time, have a couple wings for me.

I do hate winter golf in Florida, overpriced and the pace of play can be horrible. I actually prefer to play in the heat.

Agreed. We may have the weather to play, but the course twice as busy. For sometimes double the price, it's almost worse than not being able to play at all.

Agreed. We may have the weather to play, but the course twice as busy. For sometimes double the price, it's almost worse than not being able to play at all.

There is always an open course in Orlando and tee times through THP assure low rates. Love living in Florida for golf, it never gets old.

Back