Cleveland 588 RTX CB Wedges Review - Forum Testing

I should add, I did jar a bunker shot today from about 15. This might play to my early love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should add, I did jar a bunker shot today from about 15. This might play to my early love.

Lol, well I dropped one is from the fairway and I'm still scratching my head lol. Nice shot dude :)

I don't think so man, contact is fine and they feel good but I'm just not seeing any bite. It might have been the course itself but I didn't have any troubles stopping my iron shots, and I play a lower trajectory ball flight with those.

Looking back I should have kept my 58* in the bag but I wanted to go all in with the testing.

Certainly interesting. Maybe just early? I dunno dude. That is strange and gotta be a little frustrating to try and wrap the ole noggin around.

Yep, but this is the fun part of forum testing to me. Good or bad I'll bring it back to share. It'll get worked out, I'm too stubborn.

Yep, but this is the fun part of forum testing to me. Good or bad I'll bring it back to share. It'll get worked out, I'm too stubborn.

I hear ya completely, honesty is all that matters, nothing always works for everyone.

You and I are much alike on the stubborn front it seems. HA!

Well, jarring one from the sand is always a nice way to start things out. I almost jarred one from about 40 yards or so practicing today. One thing I didnt get to practice was hitting from some normal fairway type of grass. Everything was rough or crap grass where I was today and the green was hairy too.

Little photo showing the black pearl against the black oxide. Practice time!

9eje2u2a.jpg

Reading up on all these posts and then getting a text message from Jman yesterday has really got me excited about these wedges, one of the things I love about my current wedges is the extra weight in the head, but hearing that about the RTX line and it's similarity in shape to the CG14's and looking at that groove pattern has really got me pondering!

I am a pretty high spin wedge player and I can't wait to hit on of these wedges and see what I can do with it.

So I was looking my wedge over this AM before splitting to work and I must say, I love the way the face looks when it wears. It gives a nice little brushed look, almost like whiskers. I am in love.

TT on iPad

I like the black pearl finish more than the black oxide. It seems like the pearl won't fade as badly through wear

I like the black pearl finish more than the black oxide. It seems like the pearl won't fade as badly through wear

I prefer the added rust on the black oxide. But we time will tell how I like the look of this one after its been thoroughly used

It fades pretty good, turns a brushed nickle look on the face and sole. IMO opinion it looks even better as it wears.

I prefer the added rust on the black oxide. But we time will tell how I like the look of this one after its been thoroughly used

It fades pretty good, turns a brushed nickle look on the face and sole. IMO opinion it looks even better as it wears.

All comes down to personal preference. I look at rust and I just think I got lazy and forgot to clean it after wet conditions. A couple months of use though side by side is definitely in order.

All comes down to personal preference. I look at rust and I just think I got lazy and forgot to clean it after wet conditions. A couple months of use though side by side is definitely in order.

Yup it's all personal. I'm interested to see how this looks after a while. I remember my black pearl CG11 and CG12 but I don't remember their coloring being as black or dark as these ones. It's pretty nice out right now. Hoping to get out for 9 this afternoon.

Just finished my first round with my 54 degree RTX. I was more than impressed with the full shot and 3 quarter swings, the spin I was seeing was incredible. I will have more thoughts up later when I get back to my computer , but for now I could see myself with a full set of these.

Just returned from my round with this. Have to get some thoughts together but should have a good write up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Checked with the pro shop they should be getting them in this Friday. I have some money burning a hole in my wallet.

I'll do a full write up when I can gather more thoughts together but it was pretty hit and miss for me today around the greens. I had only one shot from sand and one sand save today. Gotta love that. I'm usually awful from the sand but this thing was really good. Had a few problems with some fats today too.

Just finished my first round with my 54 degree RTX. I was more than impressed with the full shot and 3 quarter swings, the spin I was seeing was incredible. I will have more thoughts up later when I get back to my computer , but for now I could see myself with a full set of these.

He sucked one back big time from 120 out with a STRONG tail wind. I was impressed.

Finally caught up with this thread.

Can anyone explain any differences with these compared to the std 588's?

I'll do a full write up when I can gather more thoughts together but it was pretty hit and miss for me today around the greens. I had only one shot from sand and one sand save today. Gotta love that. I'm usually awful from the sand but this thing was really good. Had a few problems with some fats today too.

I'm a big fan of this club from the sand Kmac.

Back