Rory takes both money titles

r2wtrials

Getting better
Reaction score
Handicap
Nice to see Rory wrap up the European tour money title today with a 3rd place finish in Singapore ... and a nice last round thrown in.

Also, from a European point of view, nice to see Matteo Manassero get a wi[FONT=Arial, Verdana]n again, not been a great season for him but i believe he has become the first teenager to win 3 times on the Tour.[/FONT]​

First Luke now Rory, pretty solid!

That is really impressive. He had a great season.

Impressive, I am a Rory fan.

I agree with most here. It is quite a feat. He had a monster year.

Amazing for this to be accomplished by someone in two straight years. Who's next?

That's a pretty great season. To split your time between both tours and still win both money titles is a pretty great feat. Luke did it last year and now Rory. Maybe all the guys should take notice and play both tours!

Congrats to Rory.

What's funny is that after last year we thought we wouldn't see something like what Luke did for a while. That lasted a year. Well done Rors.

Amazing feat indeed

Rory had a one heck of a fall. After the PGA he was on fire! Great year!

Can maybe see him do this again two or three times in his career. People forget Tiger technically has done it numerous times unofficially

Awesome Show! Great Job! Rory!

Amazing for this to be accomplished by someone in two straight years. Who's next?

Tiger? The European Tour has discussed lowering the minimum number of tourneys for membership and Tiger has shown interest. If that's true, and the number of events counting on both tours, this may become even more common.

I remember everybody panicking about Rory this summer. He was missing cuts and people were questions everything from relationships to work ethic and here he is 6 months later with two money titles, the world number one and a massive new endorsement. Shows what kind of player he will be for a long time!

I remember everybody panicking about Rory this summer. He was missing cuts and people were questions everything from relationships to work ethic and here he is 6 months later with two money titles, the world number one and a massive new endorsement. Shows what kind of player he will be for a long time!
Also shows that the media makes mountains out of mole hills.

Also shows that the media makes mountains out of mole hills.

Agreed. Its a fine line and one that I think is a no win situation. Some media make mountains out of mole hills and the flip side is many fans try hard to make mole hills out of every mountain. Being the best player in the world and missing multiple cuts in a row is kind of a big deal no matter how you break it down in my opinion.

Agreed. Its a fine line and one that I think is a no win situation. Some media make mountains out of mole hills and the flip side is many fans try hard to make mole hills out of every mountain. Being the best player in the world and missing multiple cuts in a row is kind of a big deal no matter how you break it down in my opinion.

Completely agree, there's no real win scenario there. His little 6 week hiccup was just odd.

So not too shabby. The first half of the season wasn't his greatest, but something clicked big time. Start of 2013 is going to be BIG for Rory, with a lot of sponsor time to be given, I'd imagine. Wonder if that might take a toll on the course?

Tiger? He only needs a few more events on the Euro tour to be a full fledged member.

I think its cool that it has been done for two straight years also. Before Donald did it last year hadn't it been quite a while since someone had done it?

With the new requirements I can see this happening more and more, most of Rory's money came in events that counted towards both totals.

good on ya Rors!

He played lights out down the stretch, especially after that couple weeks where he couldnt find his swing for anything.

I wouldn't be shocked if he puts a couple of these together over the next couple of seasons.

Back