Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing really strong but I'm really enjoying my new Callaway driver & 3W. I picked up a 3H & was hitting it okay today but need some time with it. So I'm pondering on the 5W to match. Either that or pull it from the bag & stick with the gap in yardages.

Which driver to play tomorrow. Very important round. Can't decide! Gonna sleep on it.

Pssssst....look at the bottom of my post!

Seriously though, its super early I know, but I'm with War, full ponder mode after my round today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This confused the hell out of me until I just saw that you bought one of these. I'm on Tapatalk so I didn't see your sig.

This confused the hell out of me until I just saw that you bought one of these. I'm on Tapatalk so I didn't see your sig.

Ah, pretty pictures you can see in the RTX thread though!

Ah, pretty pictures you can see in the RTX thread though!

I'll go check it out, I didn't look there either.

Which driver to play tomorrow. Very important round. Can't decide! Gonna sleep on it.

AMP!!!...with a side of Basha

Now that my VR_s components have no shafts...what to do?

AMP!!!...with a side of Basha

Now that my VR_s components have no shafts...what to do?

I'm confident with the AMP. I've had it in the bag for a while and know what it will do for me. But I was seeing visibly more distance with the ST and it was just as accurate. Only downside it I hate the sound. It's gonna have to be hot melted. Anyway, I gave my sister my ND head cover and told her to put it on one of the drivers and put it in my bag and put the other one in her room. I'll find out my driver when I get to the course!.

After comparing the Adams XTD to the Taylormade RBZ, both in 14.5 I have to say that RBZ is a good feeling head. The stock shaft was ok, not terrible, but would probably reshaft it. The Adams was ok, for the right price I think I could go with it over the RBZ, but still not sure..

After comparing the Adams XTD to the Taylormade RBZ, both in 14.5 I have to say that RBZ is a good feeling head. The stock shaft was ok, not terrible, but would probably reshaft it. The Adams was ok, for the right price I think I could go with it over the RBZ, but still not sure..

I'd go XTD in a heartbeat dude.. Which shafts were in each?

Mid or high launching shaft for the RBZ?

I'd go XTD in a heartbeat dude.. Which shafts were in each?

Stock in each. Stiff in the RBZ, reg flex in the XTD. Didn't feel like digging through the demo bin to find a stiff to hit. The XTD seemed to be a bit smaller and certainly felt shorter. Feel wise, the RBZ seemed a little lighter and a little hotter. But I'm not sure I ever really hit the XTD that well. I'm not a big fan the Fubuki shaft, never really have been.

Mid or high launching shaft for the RBZ?

I'd probably go mid launch, something like a Kusala Indigo or maybe a Blue. Not really sure, but certainly something mid-launch for sure. As this would pretty much be from the tee on 375-425 yard Par-4's

I'd probably go mid launch, something like a Kusala Indigo or maybe a Blue. Not really sure, but certainly something mid-launch for sure. As this would pretty much be from the tee on 375-425 yard Par-4's

I'd have to steal that combo from you dude, that sounds like a 250 bomber easily.

I'd have to steal that combo from you dude, that sounds like a 250 bomber easily.

I would like to see it in the 250-260 range...something to slot between the driver and hybo...it of course would probably Philized...lol

Yessir. They are an awesome company. I'd love to support them.
Also, if you buy them and don't like them, they will buy you any wedges of equal value. The CS is great. Honored a coupon that expired about 5 days b4 I bought mine.
I'm confident with the AMP. I've had it in the bag for a while and know what it will do for me. But I was seeing visibly more distance with the ST and it was just as accurate. Only downside it I hate the sound. It's gonna have to be hot melted. Anyway, I gave my sister my ND head cover and told her to put it on one of the drivers and put it in my bag and put the other one in her room. I'll find out my driver when I get to the course!.
Terrible idea. She'll pick the AMP b/c it's more colorful. Take the Adams, it's new. Sound doesn't matter. And are you a ND fan b/c your hair is red?

Stock in each. Stiff in the RBZ, reg flex in the XTD. Didn't feel like digging through the demo bin to find a stiff to hit. The XTD seemed to be a bit smaller and certainly felt shorter. Feel wise, the RBZ seemed a little lighter and a little hotter. But I'm not sure I ever really hit the XTD that well. I'm not a big fan the Fubuki shaft, never really have been.

Beefed up TM lofts. You need to hit the fubuki S. It's soooolid.

I need to make this happen....

WILMAWEDGE.jpg

FREDWEDGE.jpg

BETTYWEDGE.jpg

BARNEYWEDGE.jpg

DINOWEDGE.jpg

Those are awesome! ^^^

"for the ultimate chutters"
k001.jpg
[/IMG]
k002.jpg
[/IMG]

How so? Hahaha..

I'm just joking haha, it aint chutting unless it's a putter lol, but I love the chipper, my buddy uses it for everything and a two timing chipper would be great in some situations.

I'm just joking haha, it aint chutting unless it's a putter lol, but I love the chipper, my buddy uses it for everything and a two timing shipper would be great in some situations.
Wow. You and your dirty golf jokes.

Wow. You and your dirty golf jokes.

haha it wasn't meant to be a dirty joke lol, my buddy always uses a chipper instead of wedges, I think it's cheating haha but he thinks it's smart, I prefer chutting, but I know that sometimes when there are bunkers and such in play and I have the choice to chip righ handed standing in the bunker, or switching to left handed chipping, that chipper you posted would be great

Not so much pondering new equipment but changing the bag up a little.

After playing this weekend in the invitational for the first time with a 3 wedge setup vs 4, I think I'm gonna go back to 4 for the time being. I just don't run into that many situations when I need 3 iron or have long irons into the green.

I found myself this weekend with awkward yardages for my 58* and 52*. I just dont have the distance control to have large of a gap yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back