THP Invitational #1 - Recap & Pictures

What a weekend. I had a great time seeing some friends I met in Charlotte and meeting some new ones. First off I want to say thank you to JB, GG, and Tadashi for setting this whole thing up. It must have been a lot of work for you three to get everything together and I think I can speak for all who came when I say we really appreciate it. Having the chance to play with THPers is one that I don't want to miss if I can help it, so I look forward to seeing some of you in Myrtle for the second THP Invitational! Also, a shout out to Bridgestone for sponsoring the event and putting up a fantastic prize. I really look forward to playing your golf balls for the foreseeable future!

I was paired up with ncrowe for the Invitational, and we played out 18 with JT and Ole Grey. All 3 of those guys are fantastic and I would not hesitate to tee it up with any of them in the future. First off, ncrowe, congrats buddy! It was a team game out there and you really battled and posted a great score to get us the win. You were fantastic and hit some great shots! Those back-to-back birdies on 15 and 16 were unbelievable! Oh, and you hit absolute BOMBS off the tee. I would hate to play against you if you got the driver working dude. It would be a birdie-fest for sure. Also, I don't think you got enough credit for your work with the flat stick. You can roll the darn rock. Lag putts were always to tap-in distance, you made tons of mid-range putts, and you were automatic from 5 feet and in. I was in awe on the greens.

Ole Grey, it was a real pleasure meeting you and playing a round with you! You were great company and you were in high spirits the entire round. You sure are a happy guy and it is contagious- you know how to keep everyone happy! I would love to tee it up with you in the future and I'm sure we will. That shot you hit on #3 through the creek to about 5 feet was awesome! One of the coolest shots I've seen to date and a great one at that!

JT, I had a blast playing dude. You really challenged me out there and you can really hit the ball well when you get your swing working. You played 18 about as well as possible man, that hybrid from 225 out to 12 feet was absurd! I can't wait to get together and play again this Saturday and again maybe in Myrtle Beach for the second Invitational. It's time for round 2 buddy, and I'm not so sure I'd bet on me this time around. You've got a fantastic swing and if it gets hot we'll all have to watch out in Myrtle!

I had a blast meeting everyone else too. I can't name you all but I sure do remember you all and can't wait to see you all again some time soon. I really enjoyed sitting down at dinner and relaxing and talking golf with a bunch of great dudes! At dinner I sat with JT, ncrowe, Large Phil, and JSkittle. All of you dudes are awesome and know your stuff when it comes to golf. I just had a fantastic time the whole day and dinner was a great way to top it all off. Thanks to all for a fantastic and memorable day. I'll certainly never forget it, guaranteed.

Last but definitely not least, shout out to DHill and Butters. Derek was nice enough to stop by Clemson and pick me up on his way down. Without him I never could have made it this weekend, so huge thanks to you buddy. I'm happy you got into the Morgan Cup- you're an awesome dude and a real asset to the forum and site as a whole. Butters, I had a great time with you chatting it up and chilling out Friday and Saturday after the round. It was good to see you again and we'll get a round in again soon.

This weekend was fantastic- I made a ton of new friends and memories that I won't ever forget. I really am excited for the second THP Invitational in Myrtle Beach at True Blue because I'm sure it will also be fantastic with lots of new friends and memories. Watch out everyone- I'm coming back with full intentions to defend my title!

Nice recap dude. Congrats on the win!

Nice Dam and crow!!! Looked like a great time had by all!

Wonderful write-up Charlie and thank you for the kind words. Can't wait to tee it up this week in Clemson!! Gonna be awesome!

I knew he was taking pictures but had no idea it was video.

Good thing it didn't zoom enough to see the result of my overclubbing put me halfway up the bank in back...whoops. That water made me awful nervous on the first shot of the day.

You are a brave man for being the first to tee it up. Your second shot, with the downhill lie in the rough and having to hit it over a trap, with the water long, was probably even more intimidating. You did well to put it on the fringe and give yourself a chance for a par. :sweat:

Chuckylover!! Hahaha

Great photos and looks like an amazing day to be on a very nice golf course. Kudos to everyone that turned out for the inaugural THP Invitational, hopefully the first of many!

Congrats damaikis and ncrowe83!

All of the pictures look great. Looks like an amazing course and sounds like everyone had a great time.

Also, nice recap Damaikis.

Great write up Charlie!!!! Congrats again man!

Great great pictures all!!!! You look like you had an absolute blast!!!

This was awesome to follow along with, it's crazy how the mood at these events is so contagious. Regardless of you day on the course everyone comes away smiling and wanting the next event to come that much quicker. Awesome pics of the course. The new THP HQ is awesome. Great place to host the Morgan cup 2014! Lol

Finally was able to check this thread out. Great pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time. Special shout out to my LH NJ brother Charlie for the win. Atta boy.

This looks like another incredible THP event lol, these things are badass and I'm pissed I can't do it this year. GG the course pics are really cool and it looks like a fun place to play.

Dam I was happy to swing by Clemson and pick you up for this thing. Anytime I'm in the area I'm gonna give you a shout and maybe we can head over to the Walker course and have a go at it.

Great write up and great win. Looking forward to Myrtle to see you defending the title!

this course looks fantastic. Love that there was a great turnout for this event.

Those were some excellent pictures. Thanks so much for those as well as telling us who they were...which I am very impressed! Looks and sounds like everyone had a great time. I wish I could have been there.

this course looks fantastic. Love that there was a great turnout for this event.

It really was an awesome course. The weather just made the day. Georgia still had a lot of color on there trees, here in NC they are mostly gone now and it just made the perfect backdrop for a day of golf

Also...congrats to Ncrowe and Dam!!

I almost forgot that there was another "winner" Saturday.

Freddie has Avatar power over JT for a week at some point coming up soon.

So I suppose a congrats to Freddie is in order as well!

Wow! Great pictures and videos guys. Now I am really looking forward to MB and the second invitational. Looks like everyone had a blast!

Awesome pics. looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.

I forgot about that as well. I can't wait to see what Freddie comes up with!

Great pics. Always fun to see THP'ers getting together and having fun!

Great pics, looks like everyone had a great time. Congrats to the winners.

Was there a "white tees" clause in that agreement? If not, I'm calling shenanigans.

Back