2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice Thain! I could see people getting pretty crazy with their wedges if things like that were an option. It would be sweet to see stuff like that in people's bags though.

The new week is here, ready to meet my teammates!

You are going to make a scramble partner very happy this year Tim!! I hope it's me hahaha! My putting has been awful the last two rounds.

Maybe a MC announcement coming today? JB says there are announcements coming, so maybe one is related to the MC. Maybe team announcements today?!?! He said it would be this week and we are, I'm ready to see what teams might have the best chance at coming in second!

Maybe a MC announcement coming today? JB says there are announcements coming, so maybe one is related to the MC. Maybe team announcements today?!?! He said it would be this week and we are, I'm ready to see what teams might have the best chance at coming in second!

id love me some MC announcements today!

That's what I am hoping for!

Man team announcements are gonna be great can't wait to find out who's on what team. I think there are gonna be some great teams this year. Especially with 4 really great captains leading us.

It's going to be awesome to see what Callaway has in store for us all.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for the staffers as well! They really stepped it up for the second Morgan Cup and I'm sure they will step it up even more again this year!

I would as well love to see MC announcements. I think if one were to be made. Today would be the day!

I had a horrible round over the weekend, likely to be my last before winter. Worst part was the wind had me messed up in the head before I even put the tee in the ground. I have alot of work to do with the mental side, and it was clear this weekend.

I had a horrible round over the weekend, likely to be my last before winter. Worst part was the wind had me messed up in the head before I even put the tee in the ground. I have alot of work to do with the mental side, and it was clear this weekend.

Dude I get the same way once late fall hits. Its cold, windy, and I don't get to play as frequently so I'm not as confident when I get out to the course. This winter will fly by and next spring you will be back in full prep mode.

My mind is so blown with the Holiday Cheer contest, I think my head may explode if teams are announced today.

But not to worry JB, I'll take the risk.

You'll be fine Wade! Just make sure someone close to you has the smelling salts!

My mind is so blown with the Holiday Cheer contest, I think my head may explode if teams are announced today.

But not to worry JB, I'll take the risk.

Bring on the head explosions please!

So for the most part are MCERS taking lessons over the "winter" (noting that people like War Eagle will come in asking what winter is in)

Talked to the Mrs last night and she is onboard with me getting lessons, probably going the golftec route, but there are a few other options I might checkout too. wanted to see what everyone else was planning on doing?

I saved my lessons last year for the spring and summer when I could get outside and see my ball flight outside, but I think last year several guys did lessons through the winter.

I thought wnter lessons were the best thing I ever did. Took me away from the temptation of playing rather than practicing and gave me something to concentrate on during the bad weather. Good luck if you go for them, Mike.

So for the most part are MCERS taking lessons over the "winter" (noting that people like War Eagle will come in asking what winter is in)

Talked to the Mrs last night and she is onboard with me getting lessons, probably going the golftec route, but there are a few other options I might checkout too. wanted to see what everyone else was planning on doing?

i feel like you can't go wrong with the Golftec Mike, you have the drills and lesson recaps available on the computer which helps tremendously when your working n the mastery off new parts of the swing.

I would be going the GolfTec route if there was one closer. I am stuck putting and using the Orange Whip this winter but will likely get some lessons from my local pro this spring.

I've got a couple options. GolfTec is one. A local country club here also has a learning center that has indoor hitting bays, plus ones that have a garage door leading out the range, a Trackman, etc.

And I want to clean out the garage and buy a hitting net and mat. The only problem is, I want the Cadillac of hitting nets and the Cadillac of mats, so if I get what I want, it'd be over $1k. So, not sure if I'm going to be able swing that.

I didn't take lessons over the winter last year, however I did sign up for an indoor simulator league that ran from January to mid March. It was great to be able to just try to keep a swing going over the winter so that when spring came it was like I had already been playing for months. I do have something things that I would like to work on during the winter, but that will be updated in the appropriate thread.

I wish I had a golftec closer to me. Stupid northern Indiana...even if I wanted to get a few lessons over the winter there isn't anywhere that I could go where I wouldn't be just hitting into a net 10 feet in front of me. No simulators or anything around here...

I thought wnter lessons were the best thing I ever did. Took me away from the temptation of playing rather than practicing and gave me something to concentrate on during the bad weather. Good luck if you go for them, Mike.

yeah, the "plan" is that there is one about 20 minutes from work which is an hour from home, so I might take lessons on Fridays since I only work til 11am, wont have to worry about beating traffic or anything like that, and can go every other week or whatever throughout the winter.

yeah, the "plan" is that there is one about 20 minutes from work which is an hour from home, so I might take lessons on Fridays since I only work til 11am, wont have to worry about beating traffic or anything like that, and can go every other week or whatever throughout the winter.

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, I think the earlier you start, the better. I really needed/wanted to change a LOT of things, so I needed the time. I will say that progress was directly tied to the amount of time I invested in practice and doing drills at home.

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, I think the earlier you start, the better. I really needed/wanted to change a LOT of things, so I needed the time. I will say that progress was directly tied to the amount of time I invested in practice and doing drills at home.

yeah thats the part I fear, I dont have real high ceilings to swing clubs in, but Im sure there are some drills they will recommend where I dont need full swings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back