Orlimar Introduces Premium Golf Balls

I put mine in play the other day and I have to say I wasn't disappointed in how it performed. Good spin around the greens, comparable distance but nothing stood out. There was nothing about the ball that would make me switch.
I had a conversation with a couple folks and if I can't see this ball moving at a premium ball price point. It might compete at a mid level ball price but with nothing to distinguish it from the other premium offerings I just don't see it.

I just want for Orlimar to send mine. I liked their page over 3 weeks ago!

PM me. I've got contact info for their PR department. They somehow didn't get my zip code when I filled out the form which put a wrench in things, but they did finally come this week. Connect with them and you'll get your samples.

I put mine in play the other day and I have to say I wasn't disappointed in how it performed. Good spin around the greens, comparable distance but nothing stood out. There was nothing about the ball that would make me switch.
I had a conversation with a couple folks and if I can't see this ball moving at a premium ball price point. It might compete at a mid level ball price but with nothing to distinguish it from the other premium offerings I just don't see it.
I completely agree with you on this. I played one for about 10 holes or so (Jjmorris had one I tried out) and it was definitely alright, but it will not be able to gain any market share against the Pro V1s or Bridgestones of the world.

I completely agree with you on this. I played one for about 10 holes or so (Jjmorris had one I tried out) and it was definitely alright, but it will not be able to gain any market share against the Pro V1s or Bridgestones of the world.

Bummer, I was getting excited to pick up a sleeve to try.

I put both of mine in play on Friday, wasn't real impressed, ball felt kind of "hard" at some points, hard to explain, but wouldn't consider it premium at all

At 5/8's the price I think it has a shot with enough pub and word of mouth.

I finally got out and played these golf balls today and honestly they were pretty good balls. I got good distance off the tee with what seemed to me low spin, but I also had good touch with them around the greens. A lot of my chip shots seemed to roll good with these balls. On full wedge shots they stopped pretty good as well and they were real durable.

I took these babies out for their maiden round today, I played the same ball all day and came away fairly impressed. Overall I'd say the performance was good and at this price point certainly a competitor for a gamer ball.

The spin was nice around the greens and seemed limited on the longer shots. My distances seemed to be about normal even in the colder weather.

The durability was the thing that stood out the most, I hit quite a few trees in a normal round and did today as well. I didn't notice any real scuffing and was quite impressed it cleaned up so well.

I walk away with an itch to buy a dozen and have some around!!!

I really enjoyed them too Icey, they seemed durable and I loved the feel around the greens. Good ball for my game.

I played the balls yesterday on the back nine after playing the Hex Black on the front. I thought the Orlimar was fine but nothing particular stood out about it to me. I hit a 5 iron about 180 into a headwind and the ball rolled about 12' past the ball mark. I didn't think it was any longer or straighter or performed better around the green than the Black. I would consider playing it in the future but the price point would be a big factor, as there are plenty of really good balls in a range of price points that are already playable.

I played the balls yesterday on the back nine after playing the Hex Black on the front. I thought the Orlimar was fine but nothing particular stood out about it to me. I hit a 5 iron about 180 into a headwind and the ball rolled about 12' past the ball mark. I didn't think it was any longer or straighter or performed better around the green than the Black. I would consider playing it in the future but the price point would be a big factor, as there are plenty of really good balls in a range of price points that are already playable.

I have never played a Hex Black. Did you think it is noticeably better than the Orlimar? The Orlimar is at least $15 cheaper per dozen.

I have never played a Hex Black. Did you think it is noticeably better than the Orlimar? The Orlimar is at least $15 cheaper per dozen.

I probably need a bigger sample size with the Orlimars before answering that question, but I do hold the Blacks in pretty high regard.

My sample balls never showed. I was one of the earlier ones to sign up as well. Life moves on I guess.

I got to play the Orlimar ball against the Bridgestone e5 during today's round. The feel off of the clubface (driver, woods, irons, putter) was just as nice as the Bridgestone, for starters. Not too clicky off of the putter face. Off of the driver/woods on the tee, the Orlimar didn't seem to stray more or less offline than the e5. I experimented with an e6 off of the tee, and the e6 was definitely straighter for me than either the e5 or the Orlimar. The trajectory off of my tee shots and irons were similar between the e5 and the Orlimar, a mid-high flight that bored nicely through the little wind gusts that I experienced on the course today. Spin wise, the Orlimar didn't seem to give me as much greenside spin or hold than the e5, comparable to the e6 for me. I could make the e5 bite a bit harder on chips.

Overall, I liked the Orlimar's feel and it certainly had a solid performance today. I didn't lose either of the balls I got, so I'll be able to get some more info the next time I play a round. Unfortunately the online price point ($28.99 on Orlimar's website) doesn't push me to purchase more of these balls, as I can get a dozen e5s or e6s for less.

My sample balls never showed. I was one of the earlier ones to sign up as well. Life moves on I guess.

If you don't mind them being used I'll send you my two!!! PM address if you want.

At 5/8's the price I think it has a shot with enough pub and word of mouth.
Not IMO, when u can get a top flight gamer or similar ball for even less.
i actually like this ball, but at this price and no brand recognition I think this ball won't sell very well.

I was finally able to get out on the course and test one of the sample balls out (I gave another to my dad and he likes it). I only used mine for a two holes before losing it (go figure) so I didn't get enough time with it to do a proper review, but I liked what I saw from off the tee and from full shots. I didn't get a chance to chip with it, so I can't comment about green side performance. The ball seems somewhat comparable to the Gamer--maybe a little softer but I would have to play it more to find out. Thanks to Orlimar to sending out the samples. I might pick up a sleeve to test them a little more.

Not IMO, when u can get a top flight gamer or similar ball for even less.
i actually like this ball, but at this price and no brand recognition I think this ball won't sell very well.

I would say that this ball is a definite step above the gamer or similar ball, and while agree that it probably won't sell all that great because it isn't a Titleist. I think I will be buying some come spring, and if they ever go on clearance I will stock up.

I finally got a chance to play through my sample pack and I like these balls. I have ordered a dozen and will play them a few more times before I make any definitive statements, but I have been impressed. I have been alternating them with my usual Bridgestones e6/B330-RX. (On a slightly unrelated note, the e6 loves cold weather, it just jumps off the club in the cold). I threw in an RX to have another three piece urethane ball in the mix.

I think I like the Bridgestones a little better off the tee. They seemed to be longer and straighter, but it could have been the swings I put on them. However, it wasn't by much and the Orlimar held its own. The Orlimar stood out to me on partial wedge shots; this thing will check! I also backed a 9 iron up a little on an approach. I never do that. I still like the e6 overall for my amateur swing, but I am interested to see how the Orlimar does going forward.

In hindsight, it may have made more sense to compare it to a spinnier ball, like the RXS. I have never played that ball, however.

Last edited:
Bought some Orlimar LHS balls today since they were on the shelf for $9. Also bought some bridgestone E6's. Gotta say I hit the Orlimar straighter than the Bridgestones. Whats everyone think of the Orlimar LHS Balls. Ive never heard of them till today.

Back