The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't dig the actual taste of coffee is my problem. I just assume have a diet Dr. Pepper.

Right with you man. Which is why up until last year I never drank it. Now I drink something that is vaguely called coffee after I get done with it. lol

You have to be careful with being a coffee pansy like me when you're around grizzled old coffee guys like The Breeze, he'll straight up make you feel like a lady if he catches wind of what you're ordering. First Morgan Cup we're heading to Reunion early for media day to get all the cabling setup and what not. We stop at McDonalds and I get a large non fat chocolate mocha with whip cream. He couldn't believe it. He ordered motor oil, chunky. :beat-up: My foo foo coffee was delicious though!

You have to be careful with being a coffee pansy like me when you're around grizzled old coffee guys like The Breeze, he'll straight up make you feel like a lady if he catches wind of what you're ordering. First Morgan Cup we're heading to Reunion early for media day to get all the cabling setup and what not. We stop at McDonalds and I get a large non fat chocolate mocha with whip cream. He couldn't believe it. He ordered motor oil, chunky. :beat-up: My foo foo coffee was delicious though!

hahahaha. Dude I would have done the "I'll have what he's having but with even more feminine in it" thing. I dont see how dudes drink the motor oil.

Drink Espresso, tastes so much better. We just got a pump espresso machine and do that now in the morning.

I hate creamer. Coffee is meant to be consumed in it's naturally brewed form.

I enjoy drinking my tar in the morning.

I hate creamer. Coffee is meant to be consumed in it's naturally brewed form.

I enjoy drinking my tar in the morning.

Blech. Hate the taste of just coffee, I can't even do it in desserts.

I dont like anything about Coffee. The taste is just bad to me.

Except the Iced Coffee at Wawa, but that is in no way coffee in any form.

Brings a tear to my eye to see all of the love for my beloved Tim's!

iPad tapping!

You have emotions? I thought thats why you were IceThain?

Ugh. Don't get me started.

I'll be JackThain soon. But that's because I'm working out now and such.

iPad tapping!

Hahahahah If I didnt need to spread my rep seed around you would have rep sir.

I dont like anything about Coffee. The taste is just bad to me.

Except the Iced Coffee at Wawa, but that is in no way coffee in any form.

Same here, mikey no likey coffee at all

Same here, mikey no likey coffee at all

yeah me too, my dad is a huge espresso fan, had it all my life, tastes like columbian dirt if you ask me haha, but I'll take an iced or frozen coffee any day, especially in winter

Funny story, one time someone said this to me. Only one of my reps were negative in the past billion and it was the only one that was unsigned. And that forum member didnt sign any positive rep for me. I asked him about it and got no response.. LOL

Hahahahah If I didnt need to spread my rep around you would have rep sir.

Funny story, one time someone said this to me. Only one of my reps were negative in the past billion and it was the only one that was unsigned. And that forum member didnt sign any positive rep for me. I asked him about it and got no response.. LOL

Yeah unsigned rep either way is weird. I still look at that red negative rep you have me and it burns my chaps but you were right to do it. Just hate looking at it..haha

Yeah unsigned rep either way is weird. I still look at that red negative rep you have me and it burns my chaps but you were right to do it. Just hate looking at it..haha

Ahhh, I have one of those but REP isn't supposed to be discussed so I will drop it.

Serious question; part of growing up is getting a credit card even though I don't need one or want one. What credit card company is the best for perks, customer service, etc....?

Serious question; part of growing up is getting a credit card even though I don't need one or want one. What credit card company is the best for perks, customer service, etc....?

Not sure there is one anymore. Meaning one that is best. They all offer different things. We like our Discover card for a lot of things. I have always enjoyed my relationship with American Express in the past. Great customer service and some perks. It depends on what the usage will be and what perks you are looking for. For instance travel perks have some great cards, but many times they are overstated and such. I love the Hilton Honors new cards they have out (both Amex and Citi) have fabulous cards for HH members.

Not sure there is one anymore. Meaning one that is best. They all offer different things. We like our Discover card for a lot of things. I have always enjoyed my relationship with American Express in the past. Great customer service and some perks. It depends on what the usage will be and what perks you are looking for. For instance travel perks have some great cards, but many times they are overstated and such. I love the Hilton Honors new cards they have out (both Amex and Citi) have fabulous cards for HH members.

Thanks, I have heard good things with discover.

Basically I just need one to use as a debit card. buy groceries/gas/whatever and pay it off at the end of the month. Wouldn't mind just simple cash back (which I believe discover is decent for?) since I am not in the position of my life to travel like its my job yet.

Thanks, I have heard good things with discover.

Basically I just need one to use as a debit card. buy groceries/gas/whatever and pay it off at the end of the month. Wouldn't mind just simple cash back (which I believe discover is decent for?) since I am not in the position of my life to travel like its my job yet.

Kelly and I carry a Chase Freedom and it's pretty solid. I have been pretty happy with Chase's customer service (each card company has faults and benefits). Last year, our card was being swiped in Canada somehow. Within an hour of the initial swipe, Chase calls Kelly to ask if either of us are in Canada, which we obviously was not. They wiped the charges out and had new cards for us within a couple of days. You can earn cash back each quarter on different things. One quarter may be gas and groceries. The next quarter may be at electronics stores. Plus, you earn points on every purchase, which can be redeemed for $25 gift cards to places like Lowes, Old Navy, Dick's, etc. I have been pretty happy with it. It's not a blow your doors off with perks card, but for everyday use, a little cash back, and some goodies now and then, it's good and might be a good starter card.

Jj, check bankrate.com. You'll find a good comparison of cards there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back