5 hour energy killing folks?

Any links to a story? I use this stuff every once in awhile.

I think half of THP has energy drinks running through their veins. We have some energy drink drinking mofos around this joint.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Used to drink red bull but that was a few years ago. Now it's only coffee.

I don't drink them because I don't trust what is in them. I did have a few down in Florida once and they were tasty

This stuff is bogus to me. I hardly drink energy drinks but they claim they sell like 5 million of theses a week. Think how many that is over 4 yrs.

The articles said there have been 17 deaths linked to these out of how many? The report doesn't state if the product was misused and doesn't state if there were other factors.

If they were really dropping people like that the product would not be out. I am sure there are way higher chances of dying from daily actions and intake than with this product that we are not aware of (if that is even the case with these).

I've tried most energy drinks but never understood the craze(and I'm a healthy eater/drinker), caffeine pills do the same for me and are much cheaper.

I drink these things daily... Hmm...

I drink 5 hour energy or red bull from time to time. Usually when I have an early morning round. I'm a nurse and usually these incidents are due to people drinking 5-6 of these in a day. I usually stay away from stuff containing ginseng and guarana. Fun fact ginseng has a lot of interactions with medications so guys taking Statins i'd be mindful of these drinks.

I like the comments section of the genius that took two caffeine pills with a cup of coffee and is now a college professor..

Brilliant decision.. I can't possibly see how that could have backfired.

I read the full report on these and I am not sure what to go on. As of now it seems inconclusive to me. I believe that like anything, certain things are done recklessly.

I drink these things daily... Hmm...
ummm hand raised, I drink two a day and now taking 5 hr energy.

I read the full report on these and I am not sure what to go on. As of now it seems inconclusive to me. I believe that like anything, certain things are done recklessly.

i talked to two doctors about this last week and they are dangerous if you have a bad heart or any server ailment with gastrointestinal area. It's no different then the guy in my office who drinks a large cup of coffee 6 times a day.

As with anything is this product being not or it's intended purpose. Take someone with a serious heart condition for example they shouldn't be near any kind of stuff like this. I have been used 5hour energy for a while now and think it's great for that little kick half way through a round. Although when i take it i also drink water as well as food just after taking it.

I actually pour it into a water bottle and sip it while sitting at my desk. It's a nice steady feeding of energy.

water kills people too (when taken with arsenic)

I am not a fan of them. never actually had one but dont like the whole idea or concept. Many people seemed to be hooked on these things. Teenagers among many others using them as sides with alcohol drinks and or mixed in drinks directly with it. I am actually surprised they havnt already banned them.

I've read written articles which can be found all over the web about them and truth is it seems they just dont know enough about exactly what affects certain ingrediants have when mixed together with caffine and other ingrediants mixed tiogether on thier own with different ones as well.

Who knows, in the end they may find they are nothing more harmful than any thing else we eat and drink as long as taken in moderation. But even if that is the case, which i doubt, I just dont like how people are and or becomming addicted to this garbage and as i said earlier, teens and even young teens are using this stuff for the wrong reasons. When that happens i think its time to be responsible and do something about it.

Bottom line IMO, when people are feeling they need a certain something to get through what ever it is they do or others have discovered other "not so smart uses" for that product then there is a problem with wahtever that substance or product is.

I am no health nut at all nor do i eat correctly but truth is that a good diet and even some decent small excersize routine will make you feel better and give you more energy than anything you can just throw into your body.

Even coffee has people addicted to it. And when it comes to these energy drinks I'm not passing judgment on all those who use them but again I just dont like what is happenening with them and how and why soo many use them especially when teens are using them for partying purposes. I believe and I'll bet my left arm that the biggest percentage of sales for these drinks are going to the young generation for partying purposes more than any other reasons and also some of the older generation for same reason. Been going for years and for that reason alone they should do something about them. Just my .02 on that. or .03, or .04

exactly, many times too much of a good thing can be bad!

Great post, repped!

I think crutches like this product can easily become abused for some people.

I am not a fan of them. never actually had one but dont like the whole idea or concept. Many people seemed to be hooked on these things. Teenagers among many others using them as sides with alcohol drinks and or mixed in drinks directly with it. I am actually surprised they havnt already banned them.

I've read written articles which can be found all over the web about them and truth is it seems they just dont know enough about exactly what affects certain ingrediants have when mixed together with caffine and other ingrediants mixed tiogether on thier own with different ones as well.

Who knows, in the end they may find they are nothing more harmful than any thing else we eat and drink as long as taken in moderation. But even if that is the case, which i doubt, I just dont like how people are and or becomming addicted to this garbage and as i said earlier, teens and even young teens are using this stuff for the wrong reasons. When that happens i think its time to be responsible and do something about it.

Bottom line IMO, when people are feeling they need a certain something to get through what ever it is they do or others have discovered other "not so smart uses" for that product then there is a problem with wahtever that substance or product is.

I am no health nut at all nor do i eat correctly but truth is that a good diet and even some decent small excersize routine will make you feel better and give you more energy than anything you can just throw into your body.

Even coffee has people addicted to it. And when it comes to these energy drinks I'm not passing judgment on all those who use them but again I just dont like what is happenening with them and how and why soo many use them especially when teens are using them for partying purposes. I believe and I'll bet my left arm that the biggest percentage of sales for these drinks are going to the young generation for partying purposes more than any other reasons and also some of the older generation for same reason. Been going for years and for that reason alone they should do something about them. Just my .02 on that. or .03, or .04

These articles always intrigue me. It's like the one about McDonalds being responsible for obesity. Or the article about Snickers and Hershey bars having an adverse effect on a diabetic, well no crap.

These articles always intrigue me. It's like the one about McDonalds being responsible for obesity. Or the article about Snickers and Hershey bars having an adverse effect on a diabetic, well no crap.

I rarely drink coffee, and I've only tried Red Bull once. Didn't like the taste. But that's just me. I agree with WE. Plus, moderation rules!!

I have energy drinks daily instead of coffee, I just prefer the taste. Rarely will I have more than 1 and never more than 2. Moderation is key like with everything else! (Written as I open my daily drink with no concerns)

I rarely drink coffee, and I've only tried Red Bull once. Didn't like the taste. But that's just me. I agree with WE. Plus, moderation rules!!
Exactly...Moderation is a good thing.

Apparently Cigarettes are responsible for a few deaths as well.

If Energy Drinks and Caffeine are so damaging and addicting, why not just put an age limit on purchasing them?

Exactly...Moderation is a good thing.

Apparently Cigarettes are responsible for a few deaths as well.

If Energy Drinks and Caffeine are so damaging and addicting, why not just put an age limit on purchasing them?

Tax the crap out of them lol, crisis solved. Next!

Back