Marketing - Do you buy into the hype?

You certainly aren't the only one and I don't see anything wrong with it. Companies work hard to build loyalty.

I agree with Hawk. Nothing wrong with it at all. Some are like you and some aren't. It's all about personal preference.

I guess I somewhat have brand loyalty, I have a few Taylormade clubs in my bag

I don't get it. It also really limits your market.

I know a lot of people like you though. I kind of have an opposite reaction. There are brands I just don't like, one of which is Ping. There irons have always been large and ugly to me, ever since I was a kid. Present day, this has still yet to change IMO. Thus I usually never look at Ping equipment.

I am not THAT brand loyal. I have brands that I like more for certain clubs, but by no means do all of my clubs have to match.

Everyone's different, nothing wrong with having certain loyalties at all.

I got it and nothing wrong with it

You certainly aren't the only one and I don't see anything wrong with it. Companies work hard to build loyalty.

This. I dont get it personally, but to each their own and if they are cool with it, that is all that matters.

Not really brand loyal, but I definitely check out some brands more than others. I'm weird about bags though, I wish I had went with a neutral brand bag like Ogio instead of my Adams, just seems weird putting non-Adams clubs in an Adams bag ..anyone else like this or am I crazy?

Was looking for undersized grips for my Adams irons and all the local shop had was Ping brand, the guy was like "oh the only people that care about that are probably bad at golf". I just couldn't do it.

Definitely not weird. I feel the same way but it is with different types of clubs. I'm loyal to Titleist wedges and drivers. Other than these, I'm really not that brand loyal.
I'm not sure why though, other than these are the ones I've stuck with for the longest and feel very comfortable and confident with the Titleist brand.
The rest of the clubs I choose because I like the way they look and feel when I hit them.

I think it's one of the reasons you see the customer service you do in major equipment companies. It's often at a much higher level than in other industries from what I've seen.

Personally, the reason I went with Taylormade was because the local club fitter here was a Taylormade retailer, so I went with it.

Now we have a dicks, where I can try out anything from Cobra, callaway, adams, etc so this year I'm going to get a proper fitting for whatever I hit best regardless of what company manufactured it. As long as it's white, and it feels good I'm getting it

I think it's one of the reasons you see the customer service you do in major equipment companies. It's often at a much higher level than in other industries from what I've seen.

I agree!

Personally, the reason I went with Taylormade was because the local club fitter here was a Taylormade retailer, so I went with it.

Now we have a dicks, where I can try out anything from Cobra, callaway, adams, etc so this year I'm going to get a proper fitting for whatever I hit best regardless of what company manufactured it. As long as it's white, and it feels good I'm getting it

I caught that haha..

I almost compare it to the "thin top-line" thread.
If you are comfortable and confident with the club in your hands, it can be worth more than having the best, correct or even properly fit club.

I am not THAT brand loyal. I have brands that I like more for certain clubs, but by no means do all of my clubs have to match.

This. I love my Burner driver, and when it comes time to replace it, Taylormade will probably be my first choice because of it. Same with other clubs. But still really no preference on loyalty.

Not really brand loyal, but I definitely check out some brands more than others. I'm weird about bags though, I wish I had went with a neutral brand bag like Ogio instead of my Adams, just seems weird putting non-Adams clubs in an Adams bag ..anyone else like this or am I crazy?

This is how I feel when I'm wearing my Titleist hat to the course, and play a ball that isn't a Titleist lol.

I am loyal to my scorecard. Now I do tend to favor certain brands based on past experience. But If Exotics makes a FW that works well for me, I play it.

Hi my name is Dave and I'm here because im a Callaway hoe.

Phew feels good to get it off my chest.....

Hi my name is Dave and I'm here because im a Callaway hoe.

Phew feels good to get it off my chest.....

hahaha

You scoring a Cally sponsorship in the MC was just fate.

Lol is this what people usually do, match their hat the to ball they play?

Haha probably not. But if your playing with someone the for the first time, or a slice into the next fairway, people look at you kinda funny when they ask what your playing, and you say something other than what is on your hat lol

hahaha

You scoring a Cally sponsorship in the MC was just fate.

Never mind faith that was a dream come true

I lean toward PING and SeeMore, but as soon as funds allow, I'm picking up a couple RTX wedges. I also feel some guilt if I ever play anything other than Bridgestone balls (which is almost never).

So with all of this new equipment coming out, you can't help but to get pumped and want to try some of it out. But putting it in the bag is a different story, for me anyway. I feel like if I buy anything other than Titleist or Ping, ill feel guilty. For example, I REALLY want the new Callaway RazrFit Xtreme and the RTX Wedges from Cleveland, but can't pull the trigger because of "brand loyalty" lol. Does anyone else get this or am I just really freakin weird?

I'm definately loyal and trust my wedges and Irons to one manufacturer, and it will take a lot more than looks to remove them from my bag. Great customer service adds to me being loyal, but results from using the product are undeniable and if it feels right, go with it.

Back