The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the "welcome" threads are really starting to overwhelm this place on tapatalk.

They're all drawn here by that pretty face in your avatar.

So, the Wife and I found out that we have to replace our entire electrical panel at our house, as well as put in some new outlets and what not in order to get ready to put our house on the market. Had a few electricians come out, all quoted us around $2000 - $2500, one even quoting us $4500.00.

Talking with a coworker about this last week, he reminded me that in a previous life he was an Electrician and still does it on the side for extra money. He came out Saturday, took a look at what we have going on, talked with a friend of his and told me that he could get it completed for right around $300.00

Now that is nice dude. So are you still looking at that other neighborhood? The new neighborhood? Is it closer to Mortons, Bogeys/Harrys and University Park?

So, the Wife and I found out that we have to replace our entire electrical panel at our house, as well as put in some new outlets and what not in order to get ready to put our house on the market. Had a few electricians come out, all quoted us around $2000 - $2500, one even quoting us $4500.00.

Talking with a coworker about this last week, he reminded me that in a previous life he was an Electrician and still does it on the side for extra money. He came out Saturday, took a look at what we have going on, talked with a friend of his and told me that he could get it completed for right around $300.00

Whoa. Team Albatross discount?

Now that is nice dude. So are you still looking at that other neighborhood? The new neighborhood? Is it closer to Mortons, Bogeys/Harrys and University Park?
Looking out toward the interstate, near I75 between Fruitville Rd and Bee Ridge Rd. Nice little development, but we are leaving our options open. There are some many options around right now that it's kind of nice trying to figure out what we want to do. I really would like to be toward the Lakewood Ranch area, especially with the kids and being in a neighborhood environment. Based solely on location, I can get a house double the size of what I am in now, for significantly less than what I can sell mine for. Nice situation to have, but property close to the water is selling quite well right now.
Whoa. Team Albatross discount?
Interesting story, actually. I worked with this guy about 5 years ago, and our Company had frozen wages and stopped giving increases due to the changes in the Health Care system in Florida. I had promised him a raise, and was working on pushing it through. During this time, I got a job offer and went to work for another company, and always felt bad about never fulfilling my promise. Fast forward to this past March, I had a position available, gave him a call and made good on that promise by hiring him at a substantial increase than what he was at. Karma, I guess.

Interesting story, actually. I worked with this guy about 5 years ago, and our Company had frozen wages and stopped giving increases due to the changes in the Health Care system in Florida. I had promised him a raise, and was working on pushing it through. During this time, I got a job offer and went to work for another company, and always felt bad about never fulfilling my promise. Fast forward to this past March, I had a position available, gave him a call and made good on that increase by hiring him at a substantial increase than what he was at. Karma, I guess.

That's awesome dude.

Looking out toward the interstate, near I75 between Fruitville Rd and Bee Ridge Rd. Nice little development, but we are leaving our options open. There are some many options around right now that it's kind of nice trying to figure out what we want to do. I really would like to be toward the Lakewood Ranch area, especially with the kids and being in a neighborhood environment. Based solely on location, I can get a house double the size of what I am in now, for significantly less than what I can sell mine for. Nice situation to have, but property close to the water is selling quite well right now.

That is a really nice area. The entire Lakewood Ranch area is just perfect for young families in my opinion and while they were hit hard by the economy for a few years, seeing how few foreclosures are left shows how much it has picked back up. We truly love Lakewood Ranch. Wish the country club dropped their initiation by a bit though.

Although there are quite a few courses with in minutes of there.

That is a really nice area. The entire Lakewood Ranch area is just perfect for young families in my opinion and while they were hit hard by the economy for a few years, seeing how few foreclosures are left shows how much it has picked back up. We truly love Lakewood Ranch. Wish the country club dropped their initiation by a bit though.

Although there are quite a few courses with in minutes of there.
The little development we looked at in Sarasota also has another one going up on University, similar models and floor plans. Like I said, there are good options to have right now, and fortunately for me there are a lot of people looking for a larger corner lots near the water to "build up" on.

The little development we looked at in Sarasota also has another one going up on University, similar models and floor plans. Like I said, there are good options to have right now, and fortunately for me there are a lot of people looking for a larger corner lots near the water to "build up" on.

Yeah dude, your land has to have continued to go up. It wouldn't matter what house is on it frankly. Those are all good options and there is nothing better than knowing you are going to get more house for less money.

All of the "welcome" threads are really starting to overwhelm this place on tapatalk.
I get a kick out of the bumps of welcome threads of someone who posted the thread about a month ago, made that post and maybe one other in the same thread a few minutes later and have never come back!

JB - I would think most country clubs would still be somewhat negotiable on initiation fees right now, no? Unless it's already pretty steep off the bat.

War - Sorry man, Realtor mode engaged. Make sure he gives you receipts for the work and keep them close by. Before you guys start going active, let me ask you a bundle of questions that you're going to get hammered with so you and the wife are prepared for them and have answers.

Interesting story, actually. I worked with this guy about 5 years ago, and our Company had frozen wages and stopped giving increases due to the changes in the Health Care system in Florida. I had promised him a raise, and was working on pushing it through. During this time, I got a job offer and went to work for another company, and always felt bad about never fulfilling my promise. Fast forward to this past March, I had a position available, gave him a call and made good on that promise by hiring him at a substantial increase than what he was at. Karma, I guess.

Great situation to be in from a seller and buyer standpoint! We have been looking as well, and with interest rates and changes in the market I can get much bigger for less than what I am paying now....the problem will be selling mine, just wanna break even and run

Sometimes I can only shake my head and chuckle at people. Makes me thankful I was raised the way I was and had a mom who wasn't afraid to knock common sense into me.

JB - I would think most country clubs would still be somewhat negotiable on initiation fees right now, no? Unless it's already pretty steep off the bat.

War - Sorry man, Realtor mode engaged. Make sure he gives you receipts for the work and keep them close by. Before you guys start going active, let me ask you a bundle of questions that you're going to get hammered with so you and the wife are prepared for them and have answers.

Absolutely dude, definitely going to pick your brain.

That is great that you're getting hooked up, but how freaking ridiculous is that upcharge? 4,500? Did you laugh in their face?

Sometimes I can only shake my head and chuckle at people. Makes me thankful I was raised the way I was and had a mom who wasn't afraid to knock common sense into me.

No doubt man. I got my butt whooped when I was younger. Kids today don't know anything about consequences for their actions.

I can only imagine how many times this post/thought runs through your head in a given year being a teacher dude..

JB - I would think most country clubs would still be somewhat negotiable on initiation fees right now, no? Unless it's already pretty steep off the bat..

Its been high for a long time and hasn't dropped really at all.

Great situation to be in from a seller and buyer standpoint! We have been looking as well, and with interest rates and changes in the market I can get much bigger for less than what I am paying now....the problem will be selling mine, just wanna break even and run south

fify..

Just once I want to be paired up with someone who is

A) on time, or
B) someone who has played before.

They were late now were behind a 4some that needed to hit 10 balls off of the first tee. Greatttttt

No doubt man. I got my butt whooped when I was younger. Kids today don't know anything about consequences for their actions.

Funny thing is, I was talking about kids AND some adults. Hahaha

I can only imagine how many times this post/thought runs through your head in a given year being a teacher dude..

Once or twice a day dude, once or twice a day.

I'm not sure if that's a rant of HHJJ.

I'm working and you're playing golf so there's that.

But a LONG round is more of a rant

Hitem good man

Just once I want to be paired up with someone who is

A) on time, or
B) someone who has played before.

They were late now were behind a 4some that needed to hit 10 balls off of the first tee. Greatttttt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back