Cleveland Classic XL - Sneek Peek

I like the original better. 7.5*? yikes.

oh my....

images

Agreed, I am digging the black. I have a feeling this may be adjustable as well....but personally I am a bit indifferent to that but nice option to have...no doubt.

Unless that pic isn't of the finished product, I doubt it. There's nowhere for a wrench to go. Unless Cleveland found a new way to do it.

The one pictured above doesn't appear to be adjustable. The JDL's key design is the elimination of a spine, a key advantage for those utilizing adjustable drivers.

Are we seeing one of a couple driver head options in 2013 for Cleveland?

but weren't Dromos the same concept before? and Cleveland didn't have adjustable clubs then either...

I'm still guessing you will see an adjustable driver from Cleveland

Unless that pic isn't of the finished product, I doubt it. There's nowhere for a wrench to go. Unless Cleveland found a new way to do it.

they could do something like what nike does- the thing on the hosel.

My guess is that this is just a model of the head. Does not make much of a difference to me but I do think that Cleveland has to enter the adjustable offerings to keep pace.

but weren't Dromos the same concept before? and Cleveland didn't have adjustable clubs then either...

The Dromos was a stock shaft in the adjustable Srixon offering, if memory serves me correctly..

The Dromos was a stock shaft in the adjustable Srixon offering, if memory serves me correctly..

Correct, had it in my Z-Star driver and currently have it in my Z-Star 3W.

My guess is that this is just a model of the head. Does not make much of a difference to me but I do think that Cleveland has to enter the adjustable offerings to keep pace.

I agree with that, along with Bridgestone as well. While they are great drivers, they need to offer the ability to adjust them.

Also, didn't the Rocketballz have two offerings, an adjustable and a solid head last year? I don't think it's unheard of to have two different types in a line..

Correct, had it in my Z-Star driver and currently have it in my Z-Star 3W.

ahhhhhh yes. correct. it's all coming back to me now....

i believe Cleveland could only benefit from adjustable clubs and i'm all for it. maybe they keep the Classic, "classic" and release the adjustable Black line in 2013??

ahhhhhh yes. correct. it's all coming back to me now....

i believe Cleveland could only benefit from adjustable clubs and i'm all for it. maybe they keep the Classic, "classic" and release the adjustable Black line in 2013??

My bet is they don't. Not because it wasn't a unique and successful design, it just doesn't seem to suit the release process of most OEMs.

I could be very wrong, but I am betting there are multiple head weights not unlike the old classic line, with the addition of an adjustable head option.

My bet is they don't. Not because it wasn't a unique and successful design, it just doesn't seem to suit the release process of most OEMs.

I could be very wrong, but I am betting there are multiple head weights not unlike the old classic line, with the addition of an adjustable head option.

maybe adjustable for Tour only head??

XL = Xtra Long!!!!!!

Are they going to color that up a little bit??? That has to be a raw photo right?

I'm a fan of the original Classic's look, but this one looks pretty good as well. I hope there's an adjustable option. If not, this would have to be a large improvement over the original for me snatch one.

That'd be a neat change. I wonder if the shafts they'll be utilizing will be 'made for' designs as well. So much pondering!! BLARGH!

lol. pondering is fun.
we're probably all wrong.

one thing i do know is that i will have Cleveland staffer bag envy.

I think the 325is going to be adjustable.

TapAhoy!

Oh, hello there. You will look quite nice sitting in my staff bag.

I am extremely excited about this driver! Will be buying one with a b asha shaft on it for sure!

The one pictured above doesn't appear to be adjustable. The JDL's key design is the elimination of a spine, a key advantage for those utilizing adjustable drivers.

So what's the difference between this and the dromos then?

Back