2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tweets are definitely getting me excited about what Callaway has in store for you guys. Can't wait to see exactly what is going through their minds.

Very nice Freddie and I totally agree with everything you have said! What a difference a year makes right?! When you put in the hard work and effort and really spend some time doing it right, makes the journey in getting here all that much special.

I have another angle I want to share with everyone and that's the angle of the hopefuls that put in their application this year and were not selected. It hurts and I've been there. I've had numerous discussions with guys during the video making process, during the selections and the aftermath and know exactly what was going through their mind. In reflecting over last year MC, it took awhile to see the exciting posts that the MC'ers made saying how awesome the ride was going to be or how they just got in new equipment and this is so great. Yea, Yea. Great for them but not for the rest of us THP'ers, right? WRONG.

I got rid of that way of thinking very quickly and learned to enjoy it from the outside looking in. A few of the MC'ers brought me in to the MC family and I got to share what they were experiencing and going through but that was because I made myself available to watch and learn through them. I really encourage you guys that have hopes of submitting your entry in next year (of course fingers crossed for next years MC!) to grab on to one of the MC'ers that you know or from your area and learn the process of this event with them. I'm with Team DOTCOM and Team Callaway but I am more than willing to form another team with the rest of you that want to support this event with me.

Reactions: JB
Very nice Freddie and I totally agree with everything you have said! What a difference a year makes right?! When you put in the hard work and effort and really spend some time doing it right, makes the journey in getting here all that much special.

I have another angle I want to share with everyone and that's the angle of the hopefuls that put in their application this year and were not selected. It hurts and I've been there. I've had numerous discussions with guys during the video making process, during the selections and the aftermath and know exactly what was going through their mind. In reflecting over last year MC, it took awhile to see the exciting posts that the MC'ers made saying how awesome the ride was going to be or how they just got in new equipment and this is so great. Yea, Yea. Great for them but not for the rest of us THP'ers, right? WRONG.

I got rid of that way of thinking very quickly and learned to enjoy it from the outside looking in. A few of the MC'ers brought me in to the MC family and I got to share what they were experiencing and going through but that was because I made myself available to watch and learn through them. I really encourage you guys that have hopes of submitting your entry in next year (of course fingers crossed for next years MC!) to grab on to one of the MC'ers that you know or from your area and learn the process of this event with them. I'm with Team DOTCOM and Team Callaway but I am more than willing to form another team with the rest of you that want to support this event with me.

I like this and would love to do the same and I will take it one further.. I am a high handicap player and I would love any THPer in the same position who is interested to let me know and we can share thoughts and ideas together. One of the great things about this event is it is not just for the "elite" player. A true hacker like me ( or you) can get into this event and enjoy everything about it.

Well said Nate. It really boils down to the fact that the Morgan Cup is about THP in it's entirety. It would not exist if only the selected players were the ones participating in all the threads and watching the coverage. That simply is not enough to keep this thing going. It's about the community of THP getting behind the event and it's participants. I think we already have outstanding support and the closer the event gets the more that support from the members of THP will grow.

Well said Nate. It really boils down to the fact that the Morgan Cup is about THP in it's entirety. It would not exist if only the selected players were the ones participating in all the threads and watching the coverage. That simply is not enough to keep this thing going. It's about the community of THP getting behind the event and it's participants. I think we already have outstanding support and the closer the event gets the more that support from the members of THP will grow.

Agree completely Jake! I think as we start to see equipment announced and competition format, etc - we will most definitely see a ton of discussion.

Personally, I can't wait to see the 2013 Cleveland offerings and ponder what to do with the input of our forum members - love talking about that stuff and getting feedback, it definitely had an impact on my bag in 2012.

Although I'm not a Callaway staffer, I love stirring the fire with Chad and Harry on Twitter. Just awesome to see.

Agree completely Jake! I think as we start to see equipment announced and competition format, etc - we will most definitely see a ton of discussion.

Personally, I can't wait to see the 2013 Cleveland offerings and ponder what to do with the input of our forum members - love talking about that stuff and getting feedback, it definitely had an impact on my bag in 2012.

Really.....you never listened to what I had to say? If so, it wouldn't had taken till Sunday for you to wake up.

That last sentence was said with love. :D

Really.....you never listened to what I had to say? If so, it wouldn't had taken till Sunday for you to wake up.

That last sentence was said with love. :D

LOL, I was awake the other days. Just tired! It was Chunky's motivational speech on Saturday that.....oh wait.....that did not happen. :alien:

LOL, I was awake the other days. Just tired! It was Chunky's motivational speech on Saturday that.....oh wait.....that did not happen. :alien:

it was the 2 deep fried hotdogs and chili fries the night before!
or maybe that was our opponents' undoing??
either way, Team Hackers FTW on comeback Sunday!

I'm looking forward to leaning on the forum as well as guys who've been through it before like you cookie to help with so much of the equipment part. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun

lol Chunky is the best

Saw that.......very nice!

Dudes are great, I hope I just got you guys a lesson from Mr Cleveland or something else sweet.

I'm looking forward to leaning on the forum as well as guys who've been through it before like you cookie to help with so much of the equipment part. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun

Most definitely is man. Bouncing ideas off of each other about shafts, combo sets, gaps, all that fun stuff when getting to "build a bag". Not many chances in life to do something like this so I enjoyed looking at every option possible.

Absolutely. There are so many that will be inviting and eager to help. And never have worries about reaching out to your tour rep. We are here to help throughout no matter what the question is.

Absolutely. There are so many that will be inviting and eager to help. And never have worries about reaching out to your tour rep. We are here to help throughout no matter what the question is.

i know i'll get a quick response back that isn't a spread sheet. :alien: there really are a lot of people to go to this year if i need anything or have questions i think thats really nice. Having both GG and JB and all of the captains to go to plus so many vets is a real plus IMO and i think it will make this year run smooth and improve on years past.

really excited to see what incentives we could have... like this wasn't already amazing! Harry and Chad are awesome to talk to via twitter and making me actually like to tweet.

Dude we will play a ton and talk about all this. PM me whenever you need

Geez sounds like I sucked as a Captain

Although I'm not a Callaway staffer, I love stirring the fire with Chad and Harry on Twitter. Just awesome to see.

Yeah I saw that too, it's awesome they are willing and actually interact, you don't see that from every company out there even outside the Morgan Cup.

your Morgan Cup record as Captain speaks volumes.

Quoted for truth, the low-key approach paid off big time. We love you Captain!

I need some help on Dhills avatar....ideas

dhill.png

Its like trying to fit a circle in a square

Use a regular D, the Hackers H, dot the I with the CG logo, and do the rest of the letters in green? This one is tough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back