THP Newsletter December Issue - OptiShot Golf Simulator

Seriously, WHY is it so hard for some to wrap their brains around the fact that a company could improve a product and merit a second chance? Isn't that the POINT of reviews showing negatives as a company who wants to improve will listen and take the recommendations/faults into account? Its no different than anything else, we have ALL had a second chance at some point, hell, some are on their 3rd or 4th here. The whole making a mountain out of a molehill and jumping to conclusions thing is old and played out, not to mention embarrassing to watch.

Ugh.

Now, as for the newsletter, a ton of info in there. I for one would love to see first hand if the improvements have been made. Companies and products improve, it happens all the time, hell as golfers we SEE it all the time in all the clubs we fawn and drool over.

I dont know what all the fuss is about. I think it was a good newsletter. It was different than what we normally see but different isnt bad. The company offered a discount and as consumers you can either choose to buy it or not. What's the big deal?

Agreed. Yes, it was different, but it was informative and it's always nice when a company gives a discount to its consumers.

Seriously, WHY is it so hard for some to wrap their brains around the fact that a company could improve a product and merit a second chance? Isn't that the POINT of reviews showing negatives as a company who wants to improve will listen and take the recommendations/faults into account? Its no different than anything else, we have ALL had a second chance at some point, hell, some are on their 3rd or 4th here. The whole making a mountain out of a molehill and jumping to conclusions thing is old and played out, not to mention embarrassing to watch.

Ugh.

Now, as for the newsletter, a ton of info in there. I for one would love to see first hand if the improvements have been made. Companies and products improve, it happens all the time, hell as golfers we SEE it all the time in all the clubs we fawn and drool over.

Rep added! Jman you're right on the money with this. I'm sure there isn't a person on this site who has had a second chance at least once in their life. Company make mistakes and always want to put the best product on the market. For them to take in to consideration what was said and make proper adjustments says a lot about the company. Give it a chance guys not everything is perfect the first time around, a lot of planes crashed before we perfected flight!

Can't wait to see this. $50 discount to THP members rocks!

Wow, this thread was opened, I thought, to discuss the newsletter, and when some show any negative feelings towards it, they are criticized... And THEY'RE in the wrong?

I agree with Thainer/Ary here. Maybe Optishot has gone and improved, but to dedicate the entire newsletter to one product is a bit much. I love the newsletters in the past where there where several articles/announcements for different people.

Wow, this thread was opened, I thought, to discuss the newsletter, and when some show any negative feelings towards it, they are criticized... And THEY'RE in the wrong?

I agree with Thainer/Ary here. Maybe Optishot has gone and improved, but to dedicate the entire newsletter to one product is a bit much. I love the newsletters in the past where there where several articles/announcements for different people.

No one was being criticized but I felt as though I was being accused of something that was not true, so I set the record straight. I am always open to criticism and I already said, note taken. I thought people would like this newsletter and enjoy the discount, but it appears I was wrong. I will be sure to take note of that for the future.

This was a really informative newsletter. Awesome to see Optishot giving THP members a discount. I hope some use it!

If anyone felt that I was being critical of their feedback I am very sorry. I never meant for it to be taken that way. I really thought people would like this newsletter, I thought everyone would be excited about the discount and the free shipping, and I was excited that the company thought of THP and our members.

This is the first time we have done a newsletter strictly dedicated to one company, and I guess it will probably be our last as the response is not what I expected. I appreciate and respect everyone's feedback, I can't make improvements if I don't know what's wrong.

Spoilers need to be put in posts people. I was getting excited to sit down and read the newsletter and now its ruined!

I've been frustrated by my inability to get out and play the last few months, so I am definitely interested in a product that I can use at home during the winter like the optishot.

I checked their website but couldn't see info if it is compatible with apple products, which leads me to believe it is not. Does anyone here have any insight to that?

No one was being criticized but I felt as though I was being accused of something that was not true, so I set the record straight. I am always open to criticism and I already said, note taken. I thought people would like this newsletter and enjoy the discount, but it appears I was wrong. I will be sure to take note of that for the future.

I apologize GG. My comment wasn't directed towards you.

There were a few others that seemed as if they were against people speaking out their thoughts on this newsletter.

This is just me looking with a different set of eyes, but if the OptiShot was a part or addition to the newsletter vs the entire newsletter it might have been received differently. I really look forward to these every month, mostly for the wide range of info on different types of goods. To have it dedicated to one item was a little odd

I ain't piling on, just being open with you.

Ugh.

For me, I was just confused because none of the changes or improvements were highlighted at all in the newsletter. I think that is why it was confusing for many of the readers that followed the previous THP review. Like DawgDaddy, I am all for finding the best deal and stretching my dollar, so I appreciate Optishot putting their money where their mouths are with a THP discount. I just think it was not clear at all that changes had been made to their product.

I think that the newsletter was great! It was actually nice to see a full product shot in the newsletter. For me being in a winter stricken state it is tough for me when I cannot get out and golf. Have the opportunity to get an in home simulator at a great price with GREAT discount is very intriguing.

Whether I actually purchase one or not, I want to thank THP for working with OptiShot and giving us such a great deal. It doesn't matter if this product received a less than stellar review in the past. OptiShot is still continuing to put themselves out there and prove to the consumer that they have a good product. Would you spend $400 to see if they can win you over? Maybe not..but if you are in the market for an in home simulator and don't want to drop 10s of thousands of $$'s on one this is a great opportunity for you. Thanks!

I disliked this newsletter. Usually some insight or announcements of some sort. This just felt like an advertisement to me. If youve been around long enough, you know how much of a joke the Optishot was(dont know if it has improved or not). Just my opinion though. Makes it seem like the THP newsletter is for sale to the highest bidder.

While that may be the case, it was a bit weird to see a newsletter devoted entirely to one product. I do like the idea of THP members getting a discount on products that are featured in the newsletter. However, it is hard to forget about the less-than-flattering review that Optishot got in here in the past, would like to have known whether improvements have been made to the software or the shot-tracking itself (I skimmed the newsletter, so I'm not sure if that was covered or not).
Should NBC, CBS and ABC stop running ads for FORD. I mean they made a crap product for so long now it's supposed to better. Same with the optishot, it may have gotten bad reviews but it could have improved. THP is a media outlet and decided to run a piece on the optishot. Not sure where the disconnect is.

I'm going to post something not politically correct here, mainly because I want to say it and get it off my chest.

I don't think some people think about what it takes to publish a monthly newsletter. Because she has delivered this in the past, everyone has come to expect that the Newsletter is filled with testing opportunities, contest announcements, new product pictures, etc. And oh yeah, all of those have to be new announcements we've never heard before. Sometimes due to whatever reason, there just isn't that "juicy" stuff to put in a newsletter. Could be that it is December, and that most new equipment announcements or testing aren't available right now. Could be that were in the middle of a *&^*&^& 12 day contest and there isn't a new announcement to make right now. Could be that we as a collective are so impatient that we demand all the announcements be made in the forum so that we can know as soon as humanly possible. Would your preference really be that instead of what we got today, GG just flat out doesn't publish a newsletter that month?

The other thing I want to say in the context of today's newsletter only, is that THP is a BUSINESS!! Even if they are receiving sponsorship money from Optishot here, which GG said they are not, this one is being offered as a special deal for us. If you're not interested, FINE...no one is forcing you to buy anything. We have two people though who do not have other careers because they are spending all day working on things for this community. They cannot do that without revenue streams. I know many of us have joined the Albatross Club, and that is a small, once-a-year donation. They have to have other revenue streams, and generally, we are all benefitting from those sponsors.

I am going to offer my $.02 into this as well. (waits for the groans to stop)

I have no problem at all with THP devoting the newsletter to one product...NONE AT ALL

However, since the majority of us know how JB felt about the product the first time and have read his less than favorable review......It might have been better recieved if the newletter had started with a some blurb from JB saying that after his last review he had talked with the company and they asked for his feedback and they have told him that improvements were made and to prove it they are offering this discount to THPers and then say here is some info about Optishot and then run the rest of the stuff.

I am by no means trying to be critical GG, this is just my opinion. I believe in this place 120%, and I hate to see all the negativity, but one of the things I love about this place is the ability to be open with my opinions about certain things and that is what I am doing here.

I hope that makes sense.

I'm going to post something not politically correct here, mainly because I want to say it and get it off my chest.

I don't think some people think about what it takes to publish a monthly newsletter. Because she has delivered this in the past, everyone has come to expect that the Newsletter is filled with testing opportunities, contest announcements, new product pictures, etc. And oh yeah, all of those have to be new announcements we've never heard before. Sometimes due to whatever reason, there just isn't that "juicy" stuff to put in a newsletter. Could be that it is December, and that most new equipment announcements or testing aren't available right now. Could be that were in the middle of a *&^*&^& 12 day contest and there isn't a new announcement to make right now. Could be that we as a collective are so impatient that we demand all the announcements be made in the forum so that we can know as soon as humanly possible. Would your preference really be that instead of what we got today, GG just flat out doesn't publish a newsletter that month?

The other thing I want to say in the context of today's newsletter only, is that THP is a BUSINESS!! Even if they are receiving sponsorship money from Optishot here, which GG said they are not, this one is being offered as a special deal for us. If you're not interested, FINE...no one is forcing you to buy anything. We have two people though who do not have other careers because they are spending all day working on things for this community. They cannot do that without revenue streams. I know many of us have joined the Albatross Club, and that is a small, once-a-year donation. They have to have other revenue streams, and generally, we are all benefitting from those sponsors.
Repped and I will rep you for weeks to come buddy! I was thinking the exact same thing after reading all this. I could not have said it any better and thus won't try. People need to read this and if it doesn't sink in after the first time, read it again. Well said adwillingham!

For me, I was just confused because none of the changes or improvements were highlighted at all in the newsletter. I think that is why it was confusing for many of the readers that followed the previous THP review. Like DawgDaddy, I am all for finding the best deal and stretching my dollar, so I appreciate Optishot putting their money where their mouths are with a THP discount. I just think it was not clear at all that changes had been made to their product.

This was my issue too Dan. I don't mind the format of the newsletter at all. It was still a good read, I just did not see anything specifically geared towards the improvements made. If they were, I would seriously consider insulating my garage and getting one. Unfortunately, the only way to know is to lay out the cash for it, and I am not ready to do that even with the discount.

I couldn't have said this any better myself, in fact I would never be able to say this as well as you did. I want to hug you right now because you get it, you really truly get it!

I am goikng to offer my $.02 into this as well. (waits for the groans to stop)

I have no problem at all with THP devoting the newsletter to one product...NONE AT ALL

However, since the majority of us know how JB felt about the product the first time and have read his less than favorable review......It might have been better recieved if the newletter had started with a some blurb from JB saying that after his last review he had talked with the company and they asked for his feedback and they have told him that improvements were made and to prove it they are offering this discount to THPers and then say here is some info about Optishot and then run the rest of the stuff.

I am by no means trying to be critical GG, this is just my opinion. I believe in this place 120%, and I hate to see all the negativity, but one of the things I love about this place is the ability to be open with my opinions about certain things and that is what I am doing here.

I hope that makes sense.

You are 100% right Tim, and this was a major error on my part. I was so excited about the discount for our members, that I didn't even think to do what you said and have a quote from JB, or better yet have a new review. I honestly was thinking of our members, and made a mistake, and it's an error I will learn from and fix in the future.

I couldn't have said this any better myself, in fact I would never be able to say this as well as you did. I want to hug you right now because you get it, you really truly get it!

You are 100% right Tim, and this was a major error on my part. I was so excited about the discount for our members, that I didn't even think to do what you said and have a quote from JB, or better yet have a new review. I honestly was thinking of our members, and made a mistake, and it's an error I will learn from and fix in the future.

Serious question Morgan, do you know what changes, if any, were made? Did Josh get to test out the new version and if so what did he think?

Wow... Defiantly some interesting comments here.. Like others have said. The very first thing I thought of was how bad the optishot has been talked about. I don't think I ever read one good thing about it. However, this is a Golf Forum so the people that are in charge can talk about what ever they want. Do you guys think they always agree with some of the dumb crap that is posted?? Probably not. Think about how many people disliked the amp driver last year when it came out..... Now people are in love with it. And nothing changed. Just saying.

I am going to offer my $.02 into this as well. (waits for the groans to stop)

I hope that makes sense.

100% my feelings too Tim, and it's so minor, that it's hard for me to get worked up over. Let's just hug it out everyone.:friends::friends: :friends:

What an another amazing issue, very informative and what a sweet deal if you're in the market for a simulator, I wish I had the room for one an OptiShot would be the first place I look.

Serious question Morgan, do you know what changes, if any, were made? Did Josh get to test out the new version and if so what did he think?

Josh did not test the new version, but has talked with the company on many occasions about the issues he saw from his original review and the company said they worked on those issues. I have said it before and I will say it again, I made a mistake, I got so excited to share this discount with everyone, I wanted to be able to share that with the members here. I thought people would be excited about this, but clearly I couldn't have been more wrong. We should have skipped the discount and just done a new review. This is a lesson learned on my part and I will be sure to remember this for the future. I appreciate the feedback, I really sincerely do.

Back