Which Option Would You Take?

I would take the putts. That GUARANTEES a lower score.

Longer drives are nice, but I can handle taking the extra club for the guarantee of more putts made.

Agreed with this 100%. Nicely put cookie

I'd take the 15 yards on EVERY single drive. While a score improvement is not guaranteed I think it'd have the potential to be greater than just a 2 stroke gain.

I'd probably take the 15 yards off the tee. current putt average per round is hovering around 33-34. Taking 1-2 club lengths less on approach shots gained from the 15 yards extra off the tee is BIG!

Although I like the sounds of a guaranteed 2 strokes off, I personally think an extra 15 yards would be far greater in stroke savings IMO. Why limit yourself at 2 strokes saved?

I'd snatch up the putts in a heartbeat.

Although I like the sounds of a guaranteed 2 strokes off, I personally think an extra 15 yards would be far greater in stroke savings IMO. Why limit yourself at 2 strokes saved?

Depends how you look at it. You consider it limiting while others consider it guaranteed.

There is no guarantee that 15 more yards will lower your score. An additional 2 more putts per round guaranteed seems to be a bigger advantage to quite a few people.

The Putting Thank you very much. No need to be longer when I have issues getting it in the fairway anyway.

The 15 yards. I practice putting constantly and my short game is decent. 3 putts rarely every happen to me but my driver distance has been pitiful since I broke a finger this summer. Something happened to my grip and I can't get it back.

I hit greens already, give me the 2 or more putts from 10-15 any day of the week over the distance. It would drop my scores, 15 more yards wouldn't.

Definitely go with the putts - My distance has been more than kind to my game and the carpet is where you'll lower your card.

For me, this is a no-brainer. 15YDS on the my drives. I can't gain 15yds on my driver (trust me, I've tried -head/shaft/ball combination changes, swing changes, etc), however, I can increase my practice on putting resulting in more holed putts. I did it last year and expect to improve even more this year.

I would happily take the 2 putts. My putting has been so streaky lately and 2 less strokes would keep me at or just under 80.

I'll take the putts, all day every day.

15y longer is no promise I'll be putting my approaches closer by a statistically signifigant amount. It's no promise I won't be 15y deeper in the trees.
If the extra yardage meant I'd be facing 10' putts on average instead of 15', I'd consider it. But I won't see that sort of improvement from it. I'd more likely be facing 30' putts instead of 35'.

No 3-putts inside 15'? That's 2-3 strokes a round. Hey, if I KNEW I wasn't going to 3 putt, I'd probably MAKE more of them.

I would take the putts.

To me 15 yards isn't going to be a deal maker. 200 vs 215 usually end up about the same, just as 150 vs 165.

Yards. Golf is funner when I hit the ball further and I have way better shot at a green with a 8i than 6i.

The distance. My putting has really come along over the last 1 1/2 years and I feel my game would see a real benefit if I had some distance off the tee, as long as its accurate distance.

I'll take the 15 yards. I don't hit it far at all off the tee, though I'm accurate. While the putts are a guaranteed 2 strokes off your score, being able to hit the ball 15 yards further could potentially take more than 2 strokes off my round. I'll take the potential more over the guaranteed less. In this case I think 2 birds in the bush are better than one in the hand because I think I can catch those birds.

I'll take the 15 yards. I don't hit it far at all off the tee, though I'm accurate. While the putts are a guaranteed 2 strokes off your score, being able to hit the ball 15 yards further could potentially take more than 2 strokes off my round. I'll take the potential more over the guaranteed less. In this case I think 2 birds in the bush are better than one in the hand because I think I can catch those birds.

I would love to have 15 more yeards off of the tee. I would be driving the ball around 405 then.....

But in this scenario, I think having the potential to get strokes isn't as benefitial as actually getting two strokes.

I'll take the 15 yds. For me it could be the potential difference between a mid iron to a scoring iron on a few holes which would allow more birdie opportunities than the 2 that are guaranteed. All these new iron threads really are eye opening in regards to distance.

I would love to have 15 more yeards off of the tee. I would be driving the ball around 405 then.....

But in this scenario, I think having the potential to get strokes isn't as benefitial as actually getting two strokes.

I think that also depends on the person. My putting is pretty good as is, though I am much more confident hitting shorter clubs into holes. If you look at my stats, my GIR % is WAY higher on the short holes on my course than the longer ones. 15 more yards would get me to 270 or 275, and I think with that I could save more than 2 strokes off my current scores.

I may try this my next 2 rounds. In one I'll pick up my drives and put them 15 yards further, and in the next I'll give myself two 10-15 foot putts. See how they stack up to my normal scores.

Longer is not always better, I will take my accuracy off the tee, and then between these two options I would take the putts because when I have a good putting round I shoot low

If you were given the option of increasing your drives by 15 yards on every single drive or making a guarantee of 2 more putts from 10-15 feet per round, which one would you choose and why?

I would take the putts in a heartbeat. My overall length off the tee is more than adequate for what I'd like to get out of it.

I think that also depends on the person. My putting is pretty good as is, though I am much more confident hitting shorter clubs into holes. If you look at my stats, my GIR % is WAY higher on the short holes on my course than the longer ones. 15 more yards would get me to 270 or 275, and I think with that I could save more than 2 strokes off my current scores.

I may try this my next 2 rounds. In one I'll pick up my drives and put them 15 yards further, and in the next I'll give myself two 10-15 foot putts. See how they stack up to my normal scores.

I agree it depends on the person and the individual strengths or weakness of their game. I know that for me, I actually do better with mid irons because I pick bigger targets. I go for greens, and not pin hunting. If I pin hunt, things don't always turn out as well as I would hope. Because of that, I will take the putts.

So we can both agree that I'm right. :alien:

well...If it was 15 yards and in play I would take the drive. I hit the ball plenty far, but I want more driver accuracy which is what I will be working on in the near future.

Back