Worst Sounding Driver Currently

TM SF 2.0 and R11/R11s and its not close. So weird.

I don't have much experience with drivers from this past year, but the Long Tom was by far the weirdest sounding driver I have ever hit. It's not loud and obnoxious, like Pings from years past, it's just odd. Almost cartoonish or something. I don't know how to even describe it.

R11s is easily the worst of them all.

Sadly, it is also the best performing driver for me.

R11s is easily the worst of them all.

Sadly, it is also the best performing driver for me.

Yeah, I never noticed the sound when you hit it because I was too busy picking my jaw off the ground about how damn far you hit it!

I would say the Rocketballz driver.

I have to echo the sentiments of many and say the R11s. Sounds annoying and dull.

As an aside, I was hitting my Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS at the range once and actually was asked to stop hitting it by the guy who was working there. It literally makes your ears ring.
Now that is ridiculous.

It would be cool if someone could tape a video swing of each so we could compare.

I think the R11s has a really weird sound, especially from a few holes over!

I just realized that I have never played with anyone who played a R11s. I'm kind of shocked.

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

Anser, absolutely no question. I hate the sound.. Its like a tin can to me

R11. Sounds terrible.

Totally disagree - respectfully! That said - I didn't like the sound of the R11S. Weird... and the Anser was pretty bad

Out of the current drivers, I cannot think of one that I dislike the sound of. They all kind of sound the same to me. With all of the focus on sound (and feel), I feel like most OEMs spend just as much time trying to dial in the sound as they do dialing in the distance.

Wilson Staff Dxi Superlight. Honorable mention to RBZ Tour.

R11s <--- This one!

I just realized that I have never played with anyone who played a R11s. I'm kind of shocked.

What about the R11?

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Wilson Staff Dxi Superlight. Honorable mention to RBZ Tour.

Oh, man, that is a great call. I forgot about that club...and rightfully so, IMO.

I hit it like twice and promptly spun around on my heels and put it back.

Oh, man, that is a great call. I forgot about that club...and rightfully so, IMO.

I hit it like twice and promptly spun around on my heels and put it back.

As a W/S lover I wanted to shed a little tear. I actually hit it again the other day and was reminded how much I didn't like it.

Maybe I'm just wired differently but I don't even hear my clubs on 95% of my shots. I tune it all out and just focus on the swing I'm making. Only exception is a thinned iron shot, I hear those.

I haven't either. Kind of weird now that I think about it.

RBZ Tour made my ears ring when i tried it

Ooops! Sorry missed the topic about Current Drivers. Deleting this post (when I figure out how to). "Cobra S2 Driver - I'm not sure if my playing partner is not hitting it hard enough or center or what but it sounds so hollow with a loud reverberation just doesn't sound like a proper golf club...weird :("

Last edited:
+1000 on Ping Anser. Yuck.

Back