Which Option Would You Take?

I would take the putts. Two strokes lower guaranteed? Sign me up!

Actually though, if you are longer with your driver, you are probably longer with your irons. So when you are 15 yards closer with your driver all the time, you can go ahead and drop more than one or one and a half clubs on your approach shot.

If you hit your driver 220 now, and hit it 235 after your added distance, say you needed a 5 iron to hit the green on a 370 yard hole before, but now you are 135 away, that would be your 6 or 7 iron, right? But since you are likely hitting the irons farther too, now you are looking at maybe an 8 or 9 iron in on the same hole.

I see what your saying and I do agree to a certain extent, but let me change your numbers some and I'll play the hole given in terms of what I would see in real life. So a 370 Par 4, I'm hitting a 2 hybo to about 130-135 out. Solid pitching wedge. 15 more yards puts me at 115-120 out. Thats at the top of a 52* absolute bottom of a PW. Hitting driver, I'm looking at being 100 yards, extra 15 puts me at 85 yards...right in the middle of sandwedge, but not a full swing.

I think that extra 15 effects everyones games differently, for me I don't get enough benefit on enough holes for the extra 15 yards to be any good for me. On most holes its creates odd distances or puts between comfortable shots. For a shorter hitter the extra 15 brings in short irons more scoring clubs. For a longer hitter it creates odd yardages with wedges..

I would take the putting improvement, hands down. 15 yards? Big deal. Getting my putts per round down? Now that is a big deal.

You didn't say improve accuracy, you just said add distance. 15 yards off line is not going to help me.

I'm a short hitter, and while I would love 15 more yards there is no garantee that would lead to a lower score, two 10 - 15 foot putts does, so I would take the putts!!

Putts. If it were 30 yards more distance, why not, but I'd secure some birdies with those putts, or at least pars, or maybe a stroke or two, but getting 15 yards longer...brings more hazards to my game :D

I'd take the 15 yards on EVERY single drive. While a score improvement is not guaranteed I think it'd have the potential to be greater than just a 2 stroke gain.

I agree with this right here. 15 yards on every hole means hitting wedges in on a number of new holes, and I think I could take advantage to the tune of more than 2 shots.

Give me the yardage and I will lower my score more than 2 shots. My average drive is only 220 (but I am consistant so it is always in play) so I could use the extra yardage.

One of the courses I am a member at proves my point that I score better from the shorter distance. The blue tees are 6751 yards and I play these in all tournaments and mens league. My average score this year was 93.2 from this yardage. That was 27 rounds from those tees.

When I am out there playing with my buddies and in weekend pot games we play from the Copper tees which are 6456 yards. It works out to be an 18 yard advantage per driving hole and my average score from these tees is 85.8. I have 21 rounds from these tees this year.

That is a difference of 7.4 shots a round. Much better than 2 shots.

I'd probably go with the putts, I wouldn't mind being a little longer off the tee, but its not a concerning part of my game. If you could increase my accuracy off the tee instead of length I'd take that in a heartbeat.

I would take the putts. I feel I'm accurate with my driver. But not so with my putter. Lower your scores on the green!

I would have to go with the putts as well.

At this point, I'm happy with my iron plays so if I hit the driver 15 yards less, I still can count on my irons to come through. I'd take the putts. I had 5 birdie misses yesterday. Yuck!

putts. i have the length, and i also am pretty good at putting, but it never hurts to drop 2 putts. i don't come across many holes where i don't have enough club to get there in two. and if i don't make it in two, i can always rely on my short game to save me. so yeah, 2 putts off please :)

I'd have to take the 15 yards. It might just help me feel young again and avert a midlife crisis.

BOTH!! haha anyways I would take the 15 yards, more bragging rights and shorter approaches

I'd take the guaranteed putts. I'm comfortable with the length I have.

I'd give up 30 yards to make 2 more 10-15 footers per round. You get two guaranteed 15 footers then luck a couple more in and now you're playing some golf.

Wow, tough question. Initially, I thought that I'd take the putting hands down, but is that knee jerk? What would 15 extra yards of drive do? Shorter irons into Par 4s? Open up possible eagle attempts after a good drive on a short par 5? Dang, that would be hard to pass up. Even if I spent less time in the fairway, is my short iron game worthy enough to take advantage of it? I'm not sure. However, that making two more putts from 10-15 - heck, that could mean more than two strokes difference. Especially with my three-jack tendencies.

SO for me ... I'll take the putts.

I would take the extra driving distance, I believe starting off a hole correctly can determine the outcome of said hole, and the extra confidence from a long accurate tee shot will increase my confidence

For some reason whenever I see this thread title I think of this:

Spoiler

d9eecb9b5b53ae56ade291d5fc3d6e37_view.jpg

I would take the putts. A guarantee to drop a score.

The extra distance would be nice, would make it a club or possibly 2 easier coming into some greens.... but I would much rather have the extra putting prowess.

Interesting dilemma think I would go for an extra 15 yards but only as my putting is pretty good...still a bit wayward off my drives and not that far...
If you were given the option of increasing your drives by 15 yards on every single drive or making a guarantee of 2 more putts from 10-15 feet per round, which one would you choose and why?

I'd take the putts... My longer puts aren't that good.

this is tough one. i really want to say distance but i think i'd have to take the putts.

Its funny to watch this thread because all the long knockers are taking the putts and us short hitters are taking yardage....LOL if I avergage 270 off the tee I would take putts too...but at 240, 15 more yards makes a big difference.

Its funny to watch this thread because all the long knockers are taking the putts and us short hitters are taking yardage....LOL if I avergage 270 off the tee I would take putts too...but at 240, 15 more yards makes a big difference.

lol talk about the thread to hit up before the next 2 person scramble.

Back