Euro soccer 2012-13 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Manchester teams suck. Support domestic soccer! MLS ftw!

In all seriousness though, go Arsenal.

Ewww I have tried watching MLS and its like watching high school soccer compared to European soccer.

No one likes United because they are jealous. Everyone hates the big man on the block.

But everyone seems to respect City, Tottenham, and Liverpool. Sorry buddy. United will always be the most hated team in England.

But everyone seems to respect City, Tottenham, and Liverpool. Sorry buddy. United will always be the most hated team in England.

People respect City and Liverpool? Since when? I dont care if City fans hate United. The feeling is mutual.

What a come back from Everton, well deserved and a much needed 3 points.

So terrible. Read an interesting stat the other day. If all EPL games ended in the 80th minute, Tottenham would be on top of the table by a long shot.

Like nearly all of our other losses, we lost in the closing seconds of the match. Boo!

So terrible. Read an interesting stat the other day. If all EPL games ended in the 80th minute, Tottenham would be on top of the table by a long shot.

Like nearly all of our other losses, we lost in the closing seconds of the match. Boo!
But if all EPL games ended right after they blew the whistle to start, there would be nothing but 0-0 ties.

If games were only 80 minutes long, the teams that score a lot in the final ten minutes would start scoring in the 70th minute. And then we would be looking at stats if all EPL games ended in the 70th minute.

Statistically everton have created the most chances in Europe. We have been out playing teams and drawing now if we took all the points we should of we would be top Just saying lol

But if all EPL games ended right after they blew the whistle to start, there would be nothing but 0-0 ties.

If games were only 80 minutes long, the teams that score a lot in the final ten minutes would start scoring in the 70th minute. And then we would be looking at stats if all EPL games ended in the 70th minute.

Fair enough... I just meant it as a testament to the fact that Tottenham very often leads the match for an extended time, but cannot maintain a lead in the final 10 minutes!

Liverpool is finally starting to look comfortable in Rodgers new system. And comfortable equals dangerous! Granted they are in 10th, but if not for one bonehead play (Martin Skertl's really stupid back pass against Man City in week 2 which lead to a game tying goal) and a disallowed goal (that was good) against Everton, they would be sitting in 6th with 26 points!!!! Can't wait for January. Hopefully a bit of strengthening and it will be a great second half to the season.

This season has be very exciting top to bottom. A lot of bunched up teams in the table. Gotta love some parody in Euro football!

I agree about being exciting given the table - It's been a bumpy ride thus far for my Chelsea boys, and I am not quite sure what to expect for the remainder. Coaching changes, suspensions, rumors, all of the good stuff have come out full force that don't usually end very well. Oh well, middle of the table, having a laugh.

Good to see you guys liking our league! Didn't think I would find a thread on here for this! I am a Man U fan and I have to say this years league is class! So many teams in it this year for the top four spots! The problem with united city and Chelsea this year has always been defence, being a defender myself, some of the faults are so obvious it's laughable! Wouldn't be surprised to see sir Alex spend some money on some defenders in January!

Good to see you guys liking our league! Didn't think I would find a thread on here for this! I am a Man U fan and I have to say this years league is class! So many teams in it this year for the top four spots! The problem with united city and Chelsea this year has always been defence, being a defender myself, some of the faults are so obvious it's laughable! Wouldn't be surprised to see sir Alex spend some money on some defenders in January!

We need Vidic back in the worst way. He really stabilizes things back there. Just cant seem to keep him on the pitch these days.

We need Vidic back in the worst way. He really stabilizes things back there. Just cant seem to keep him on the pitch these days.

Rio is past it, evra is too slow (can see him going back to France next year) yes vidic is our best defender but even he is 31/32 he won't have long left in him, smalling and jones are good, but I still feel we need more

Rio is past it, evra is too slow (can see him going back to France next year) yes vidic is our best defender but even he is 31/32 he won't have long left in him, smalling and jones are good, but I still feel we need more

Well here's hoping that ManU's defence has a bad day at the office on Saturday as we could do with an win this week to push us up the table, its not nice being this low down.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule

All times Eastern.

Saturday, December 15:
  • Newcastle United vs Manchester City, 7:45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com
  • Manchester United vs Sunderland, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • QPR vs Fulham, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Liverpool vs Aston Villa, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Norwich vs Wigan, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • QPR vs Fulham, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Stoke vs Everton, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go

Sunday, December 16:
  • Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City, 8:30am, FOX Soccer
  • West Brom vs West Ham, 11am, FOX Soccer

Monday, December 17:
  • Reading vs Arsenal, 3pm, ESPN2/ESPN3.com

UEFA Champions League 16 Team Draw

UEFA Champions League 16 Team Draw

here are the match-ups for the last 16 teams in the Champions League

- Galatasaray vs Schalke 04
- Celtic vs Juventus
- Arsenal vs Bayern Munich
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Borussia Dortmund
- AC Milan vs Barcelona
- Real Madrid vs Man United
- Valencia vs PSG
- FC Porto vs Malaga

First legs to be played 12/13/19/20th February, 2013
Second legs to be played 5/6/12/13th March, 2013

I for one am incredibly anxious for the Manchester United vs. Real Madrid fixtures (obviously). it will be Ronaldo's first time playing against Man U. & his return to Old Trafford. can't wait! any other football fans out there anticipating any certain match ups or is your team already eliminated?

here are the match-ups for the last 16 teams in the Champions League

- Galatasaray vs Schalke 04
- Celtic vs Juventus
- Arsenal vs Bayern Munich
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Borussia Dortmund
- AC Milan vs Barcelona
- Real Madrid vs Man United
- Valencia vs PSG
- FC Porto vs Malaga

First legs to be played 12/13/19/20th February, 2013
Second legs to be played 5/6/12/13th March, 2013

I for one am incredibly anxious for the Manchester United vs. Real Madrid fixtures (obviously). it will be Ronaldo's first time playing against Man U. & his return to Old Trafford. can't wait! any other football fans out there anticipating any certain match ups or is your team already eliminated?

+1 for that. I love Ronaldo and I really dont know who we have to stop him. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best I suppose. Pumped for these games.

Celtic are gonna win it!!! Cinderella story!!

Some great matchups in this one. Man U-Real, Barca-Milan, and Arsenal-Bayern are the ones I'm looking forward to. Go Gunners!

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule

All times Eastern.

Saturday, December 22:

• Wigan vs Arsenal, 7:45am, ESPN2 and espn3.com
  • Manchester City vs Reading, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • Spurs vs Stoke, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Southampton vs Sunderland, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Newcastle vs QPR, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • West Ham vs Everton, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • West Brom vs Norwich, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Liverpool vs Fulham, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer

Sunday, December 23:

• Swansea vs Manchester United, 8:30am, FOX Soccer
  • Chelsea vs Aston Villa, 11am, FOX Soccer

This is kind of a catch-all thread for Euro soccer, so I am just moving this here.

Also figured a change in thread title was in order, too.

Ahhhh... just the type of thread I was looking for...

Been a massive Liverpool supporter since the mid 90's. Will talk football 'til the cows come home.

What are your thoughts on your team this year then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back