Guilty Pleasure - Food

Dang! another one, Cuban. OK, Columbia, any others to try during the Florida get together in three weeks? I will try at least one, maybe two, recommendations?

The Tropicana is really good, Carmines is a place people really like as well. There is a small place off of the main drag (7th st) that I really like, but for the life of me I can't think of the name.

So... those of you who mentioned fried chicken and poutine? Well.. this is what I had for lunch:

6341_4597974480622_586901075_n.jpg

Receipt? Too late to take it back now!

Sausage gravy is easy to make. Just depends on how many calories you want to pack in there.

I usually just brown the sausage and then pour a quart of heavy cream over it. Let that reduce until it's thickened up and season it up with S&P. That's the simplest and probably the most deadly way to do it.

Bob Evans does it a little different -

• 1 pound sausage
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • Salt & black pepper to taste

Crumble and cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until browned. Stir in flour until dissolved. Gradually stir in milk. Cook gravy until thick and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper.

Might be a weird guilty pleasure, but subs. I heart subs.

Sausage gravy is easy to make. Just depends on how many calories you want to pack in there.

I usually just brown the sausage and then pour a quart of heavy cream over it. Let that reduce until it's thickened up and season it up with S&P. That's the simplest and probably the most deadly way to do it.

• 1 pound sausage
  • 2 cups milk
Crumble and cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until browned. Stir in flour until dissolved. Gradually stir in milk. Cook gravy until thick and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper.
man, you know how many times I effed up gravy before I got it right?

Might be a weird guilty pleasure, but subs. I heart subs.
Jimmy Johns. I love that place.

You have to have a little leap of faith at the end. Too thick and you're looking at glue.

As for Jimmy Johns, I'd marry that guy if I could. Had a Vito with Hot Peppers today. Sprinkeld a little salt on it and went to town.

Just so many good places. I mean I don't even mind the major chains like Subway and Quiznos. Mind you we've got a couple small sandwich places here that are to die for.

I'd have to say ice cream as well. I buy vanilla ice cream and add a TON of peanut butter and a little chocolate. I gorge myself.

Also, tacos. Nothing in this world that I like better than tacos. At a taco Tuesday last year (in college mind you) I ate 16 hard shell tacos because a buddy was trying to "keep up". I won.

You have to have a little leap of faith at the end. Too thick and you're looking at glue.

As for Jimmy Johns, I'd marry that guy if I could. Had a Vito with Hot Peppers today. Sprinkeld a little salt on it and went to town.
The secret is the bread and the fact that they take the thinker part of the bread out. Oh my

The bread is the best hands down. Erica is a Subway lover and I make it a point to explain JJ's bread-superiority every time we have it.

The bread is the best hands down. Erica is a Subway lover and I make it a point to explain JJ's bread-superiority every time we have it.

I hadnt had JJ until this past summer. I now crave it.

Sometimes I order extra peppers and just eat them solo with the sandwhich. Sooooo good. I'm very glad I already ate lunch. Would be dying here right now.

Sometimes I order extra peppers and just eat them solo with the sandwhich. Sooooo good. I'm very glad I already ate lunch. Would be dying here right now.
oh...and the chips there are incredible.

I need to add Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies to this... I have apparently emptied the vending machine at work out...

I had sausage gravy on my poutine. I can already feel one of the chambers in my heart glueing itself shut. Does anyone know a good heart surgeon?

• 1 pound sausage
  • 2 cups milk

• 1 pound sausage
  • 2 cups milk

I grew up on biscuits and gravy my entire high school days, I miss it for sure!

Pizza. I work a very physical job so I don't get the weight gain problem of having a food vice but I can actually eat pizza until I'm sick. In fact I destroyed a large pizza tonight covered in everything known to man plus Jalapenos. I absolutely love it.

Other than that, I don't eat much "junk" food.

Salt and Vinegar chips... I still don't understand where they think it's a family size bag.

I'm kinda over jimmy johns

Salt and Vinegar chips... I still don't understand where they think it's a family size bag.

Yo dog you're talking to me, love my SnV chips

I love the food threads. My favorite guilty pleasure food is very simple. I love to cut up a banana, put Blue Bell vanilla ice cream on top, then add some chocolate syrup, nuts and whip cream.

Back