TaylorMade Project 5 Golf Ball Review Thread

I just got a dozen of these on eBay. Can the folks who have these take a look on ebay and see if they look the same?
I did a quick search on eBay. The ones that I saw look quite similar to the ones that I received for testing. Look legit to me.

I did a quick search on eBay. The ones that I saw look quite similar to the ones that I received for testing. Look legit to me.

Thanks war eagle!

The weather is supposed to be great here this weekend if we miss the rain. I am working on getting out Saturday for some more short game practice as well as an early round on Sunday.

I'm down to one Project 5. Fortunately, I opted to not use it at True Blue, because I was losing balls that day like it was my job.

Short game testing is kind of pointless at this rate. I'm going to game the Project 5 in my next round, which unfortunately is likely not until next weekend. I think my thoughts on the ball are pretty well stated, though. I don't think that my impressions of the ball will change with continued use.

Ill add my thoughts on the next round. I'll also continue to monitor the thread to answer questions and add input when possible.

This certainly is not my last post in the thread, but I again wanted to thank THP and Taylormade for the chance at doing the testing. It has been a blast.

I'm down to one Project 5. Fortunately, I opted to not use it at True Blue, because I was losing balls that day like it was my job.

Short game testing is kind of pointless at this rate. I'm going to game the Project 5 in my next round, which unfortunately is likely not until next weekend. I think my thoughts on the ball are pretty well stated, though. I don't think that my impressions of the ball will change with continued use.

Ill add my thoughts on the next round. I'll also continue to monitor the thread to answer questions and add input when possible.

This certainly is not my last post in the thread, but I again wanted to thank THP and Taylormade for the chance at doing the testing. It has been a blast.

Do you think the Project 5 aka Lethal is a ball you could see yourself gaming in the future?

Do you think the Project 5 aka Lethal is a ball you could see yourself gaming in the future?

I really like the ball, but I have to be on my game to play it. When I strike it well, it performs beautifully. Nice feel, excellent spin, and comparable distance to similar balls (e.g., my usual B330). But, if my swing is a little loose, I seem to get a little more side spin with the Project 5, and control somewhat becomes an issue.

I probably would not try to game this ball at the beginning of the season. But, I could certainly see it as my "tournament" ball. It really is a fantastic ball when you're striking it well.

And I really am not a fan of "lethal."

I really like the ball, but I have to be on my game to play it. When I strike it well, it performs beautifully. Nice feel, excellent spin, and comparable distance to similar balls (e.g., my usual B330). But, if my swing is a little loose, I seem to get a little more side spin with the Project 5, and control somewhat becomes an issue.

I probably would not try to game this ball at the beginning of the season. But, I could certainly see it as my "tournament" ball. It really is a fantastic ball when you're striking it well.

Great thoughts there. I'm really interested to hear how they market this ball.

The weather is supposed to be great here this weekend if we miss the rain. I am working on getting out Saturday for some more short game practice as well as an early round on Sunday.

Sounds like a great weekend.

I'm not a fan of the proposed name being "lethal". Just doesn't resonate with me.

If the weather holds I'll get in some more testing on Sunday with the Project 5. Calling for a chance of rain right now though.

I'm not a fan of the proposed name being "lethal". Just doesn't resonate with me.

If the weather holds I'll get in some more testing on Sunday with the Project 5. Calling for a chance of rain right now though.

I agree, Lethal just doesnt do it for me either

Hey its a hell of alot better then RocketBall or Rocket Bladez hahah!

Had These balls out in the course with me again today, still have mixed feelings in these. Will have a full writeup this evening.

I played the Project 5 on five holes today. I was so erratic with my driver, regardless of ball played today, that I was afraid of losing the test balls that I didn't risk them off of more tees. The ball continues to perform extremely well for me with 7 iron and higher as well as in the short game. Had mixed results with longer clubs today.

Next chance to test will be this coming weekend. Hopeful to get several rounds in during the holidays.

Great reviews everyone. Enjoyed reading them. I'm not surprised they went with something bold. I don't think it's a terrible name just sounds like something Slazenger would come up with.

Great reviews everyone. Enjoyed reading them. I'm not surprised they went with something bold. I don't think it's a terrible name just sounds like something Slazenger would come up with.

That was my impression of the name as well. It reminded me of the Slazenger commercials/ads with panthers and raw meat everywhere. That's not what this ball is about.

That was my impression of the name as well. It reminded me of the Slazenger commercials/ads with panthers and raw meat everywhere. That's not what this ball is about.

Maybe they will market it as a ball that will make your game lethal or something like. Should be interesting.

Had These balls out in the course with me again today, still have mixed feelings in these. Will have a full writeup this evening.

Sounds good War, I value your opinion and look forward to your thoughts.

Lot of great info in here. I have been a big fan of the Penta and TP5 in past years, so I am very interested in what you guys are seeing. I like that everyone is seeing plenty of short game spin, although the increased side spin is a big concerting. It's all that the balls seems to spin so much yet people have consistently said they see a low ball flight.

Keep it coming guys.

Wake, I've not seen a lower ball flight that other testers have. I see similar ball flight with Driver and fairway woods compared to my normal ball. I've seen a higher ball flight than normal with my irons, but no appreciable loss in distance.

Tested these yesterday and am not sure what to think. I thought they did fine on the full iron shots, and shots around the green, but struggled with two areas. First, the sound off the putter. It was very different and almost muted as to what I normally expect. Strictly a personal side of things, but really left me struggling. The second was off the driver. Much higher ball flight than what I was playing for the 1st 6 holes before switching and it resulted in a loss of distance for me.

Thought it was just me, so switched back to a different ball after hole 14 and the ball flight came down and the drives were back to what I was used to. I am going to need some further testing and some launch monitor time.

Wake, I've not seen a lower ball flight that other testers have. I see similar ball flight with Driver and fairway woods compared to my normal ball. I've seen a higher ball flight than normal with my irons, but no appreciable loss in distance.

I have had similar results to Barry - except that he apparently does not lose his Project 5s.

i have noticed a higher ball flight with irons and woods, but I do not see an appreciable loss of distance. The side spin on driver/FW miss hits is the biggest issue for me. The spin around the green is phenomenal, though.

Tested these yesterday and am not sure what to think. I thought they did fine on the full iron shots, and shots around the green, but struggled with two areas. First, the sound off the putter. It was very different and almost muted as to what I normally expect. Strictly a personal side of things, but really left me struggling. The second was off the driver. Much higher ball flight than what I was playing for the 1st 6 holes before switching and it resulted in a loss of distance for me.

Thought it was just me, so switched back to a different ball after hole 14 and the ball flight came down and the drives were back to what I was used to. I am going to need some further testing and some launch monitor time.

Interesting. I wonder if some characteristic of the ball simply exaggerates the current way someone hits the ball. For example, I normally have a low ball flight and get lower flight with the driver with this ball. Some have a higher ball flight and this flies higher for them.

Interesting. I wonder if some characteristic of the ball simply exaggerates the current way someone hits the ball. For example, I normally have a low ball flight and get lower flight with the driver with this ball. Some have a higher ball flight and this flies higher for them.

That is interesting. I presumed that the ball just spins more (my suspicion is the deeper dimples), which causes the ball to fly higher and, on poorly struck shots, with more side movement. I did not realize that people were experiencing lower ball flights with the Project 5.

I'm not sure what to make of that.

Back