Taylormade Reveals new R1

JTnumbers

College Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
Alright, it is real. And Taylormade provided us with a little video to let you know that the R1 does exist:

Thoughts?

Interesting that it didnt show a single shot of the driver.

I'm interested to see THP's official press release and data on this club.

Interesting that they're going with one new driver. I wonder how that will work out for them.

Sean O'Hair swears a lot.

Well they have a new rbz too. I think they were talking about loft? Maybe?

TTing

Maybe. Or maybe their Tour staff will only use the R1 and not the new RBZ? Who knows.

The compass blaster!

Yeah, I thought that was weird as well. I've seen it, and I'm not overly impressed with the design. Cool that you can vary loft quite a bit, but the design they went for on the topline truly does not interest me.

Interesting. Looking forward to testing.

very interesting to say the least

Interesting. Dont think I will be changing though.

I'm also gonna point out to everyone. On their hat, where it used to say Penta, it now says Lethal. New Ball?

Yeah, I thought that was weird as well. I've seen it, and I'm not overly impressed with the design. Cool that you can vary loft quite a bit, but the design they went for on the topline truly does not interest me.

Agreed on the topline.

I'm also gonna point out to everyone. On their hat, where it used to say Penta, it now says Lethal. New Ball?

Maybe that's what the Project 5 will be called. Interesting.

Nice catch. didnt see that

I've seen some sleeves (not the balls directly) with that on there. Safe to assume that's their new ball.

looking forward to its release but i think ill keep my 913d2

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pondering.
y9urasup.jpg

TTing

That was my reaction as well. It's white with an adjustable sole plate -- so it looks like an R11. That's what I got from the commercial.

Back