What is your (driver) swing speed?

This thread took the turn I and so many others knew it would. Who cares if someone says they can swing 126+ and who cares if someone questions it. I mean really, the proof is in the pudding.

Since being associated with THP I have played with two people with SS over 110. I have seen three hit a over 300 yards. I have played with a few that are not even close to where they think they are as golfers and that is ok. The goal to have fun and improve, if that is happening then by all means have at it.

I've been around 1000s of swings and I only know a handful of swings over 120 and that is a rare times and usually on TV. I don't think people really have a solid grasp on how fast they really swing. And btw you don't have to have a fast SS to hit it long. It helps but it's not the determining factor in the long ball.

and there ya have it! Well said again my friend

Freddie you have the magical answer every single time. Thank you sir

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I can throw a football over a mountain so my swing speed is probably pretty high.

I can throw a football over a mountain so my swing speed is probably pretty high.

Back in 82, I could the pigskin a quarter of a mile.

Where can you get your swing speed tested? Would like to know my speed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It doesn't count when you are standing just a few feet from the peak of the mountain.

Where can you get your swing speed tested? Would like to know my speed

Most golf stores would probably have some sort of launch monitor or something that can give you a pretty good idea of what your swing speed is. The accuracy of it depends on the machine and I imagine on how often and well it is calibrated or whatever.

I did a Bridgestone ball fitting and I they use a trackman I think which is a pretty accurate machine from what I've been told.

Most golf stores would probably have some sort of launch monitor or something that can give you a pretty good idea of what your swing speed is. The accuracy of it depends on the machine and I imagine on how often and well it is calibrated or whatever.

I did a Bridgestone ball fitting and I they use a trackman I think which is a pretty accurate machine from what I've been told.

Thanks I will check it out.

This thread took the turn I and so many others knew it would. Who cares if someone says they can swing 126+ and who cares if someone questions it. I mean really, the proof is in the pudding.

Since being associated with THP I have played with two people with SS over 110. I have seen three hit a over 300 yards. I have played with a few that are not even close to where they think they are as golfers and that is ok. The goal to have fun and improve, if that is happening then by all means have at it.

I've been around 1000s of swings and I only know a handful of swings over 120 and that is a rare times and usually on TV. I don't think people really have a solid grasp on how fast they really swing. And btw you don't have to have a fast SS to hit it long. It helps but it's not the determining factor in the long ball.

Well said Freddie, but it makes me wonder if I am one of these....

True story: I hit it so far that I am actually all three of the THPers that Freddie is talking about. :alien:

I seriously don't know my swing speed. I seem to remember it being over 110 in a golf simulator, but I never can tell how reliable those things are. Is swing speed becoming the new "how far can you hit it" comparison?

Most likely.

Those golfers are also assuming the yardage markers are correct, and are going off the yardage on the scorecard, not thinking that they are at the front part of the tee box instead of where it was measured from. Also assuming the yardage on the scorecard is accurate.

Getting numbers off launch monitors is good, but you gotta remember that you aren't hitting those trees when you pull on dead left (most of my straight left shots go a lot farther than my tee shots that go where I aimed them!). Every shot on a launch monitor is going to go as far as it possibly can, never taking into consideration the things you would hit along the way!

This is absolutely true. People also have to remember that launch monitors at the golf store have zero wind and optimum roll.

As someone said, try tracking your shots via Golfshot. You'll be amazed, and not in a good way. I can't tell you how many times I though I've hit a drive REALLY well, only to have it measure like 240.

I often wonder where I fit into these discussions. Because they generally turn into a circus, I really have no idea where I stack up with the general golfing public. I know that when I was fit for my 910 a few years ago, my lowest number was 105 starting out, and I was consistently around 110 to 112 after a few swings. I also know I am hitting the ball further than I was two years ago. Whether that is from a faster swing, I don't know. I also not great at golf, but I don't consider myself an internet golf God by no means. I am pretty open about my abilities, whether it be struggles from the tee box or with the short club game. And I have played with a few or watched a few of THP's long knockers and I am not knocking them by any means, but I feel if I am hitting the ball well, I could put it out there as far, if not further than they can. Where they separate themselves however, is by having a short game and being more consistent in their ball striking.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might incriminate this old body!

I control my swing.

My swing speed is usually clocked at 88 mph.

Before I tee off, I often walk up to the tee box and say, "When this baby hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious sh..."

Due to my ebola virus, I just saw this post this morning and almost tinkled my pants a little. I'm still laughing, hours later. This may be the funniest post I have ever read at THP. Well played, War Eagle.

I have not had mine tested as of late but this thread makes me want to asap. I go off of old reading but I am older and stronger now and think it has had to go up! I cannot rip into balls though as I would like because of a medical problem that affects my hands and I have arthritis in my hands as well and I am only 26 so I keep the tempo down a little.

I think I am around 114

Who cares?

I'd be more worried about being the guy with the scratch cap that shoots 90's at THP get togethers.

JK

This is absolutely true. People also have to remember that launch monitors at the golf store have zero wind and optimum roll.

As someone said, try tracking your shots via Golfshot. You'll be amazed, and not in a good way. I can't tell you how many times I though I've hit a drive REALLY well, only to have it measure like 240.

Exactly...there have been several times that I thought I crushed one and measure it and it's like 245 or 250.

Exactly...there have been several times that I thought I crushed one and measure it and it's like 245 or 250.

yeah, same here. i'm pretty sure my skycaddie is a bit off canter as well. hit a drive just short of a 200 marker on a 495 yrd par 4 the other day and it said i was 265 out.

Who cares?

I'd be more worried about being the guy with the scratch cap that shoots 90's at THP get togethers.

JK
At least I don't have to worry about that!

I have to admit thinking I crushed one and it was barely 200! hahaha

yeah, same here. i'm pretty sure my skycaddie is a bit off canter as well. hit a drive just short of a 200 marker on a 495 yrd par 4 the other day and it said i was 265 out.
Could be a mapping issue?

Last time I was at EW swinging fairways, I was at 110. So that would probably make the driver a 112-118? I think? Lol

Back