Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Awesome writeup Dam. Some great info in there. You mention that you love that you are able to flight the ball down when you want, are you also able to flight it up and get it up high when you want?

Awesome writeup Dam. Some great info in there. You mention that you love that you are able to flight the ball down when you want, are you also able to flight it up and get it up high when you want?

I haven't tried a ton, but so far no. Hitting the ball higher is not something I've ever been able to do with any club. I can't manipulate my swing well, so just by teeing it lower to flight it down is very useful/helpful. If I try to hit it higher by teeing it higher, I just hit pop-ups.

Gotcha. Thanks. Awesome info and that was well done.

Thanks JB. I'll be doing something similar for the JDL tomorrow.

Nice write-up Dam. This bad weather in the Northeast has come at a bad time. Have the whole week off and really wanted to get out again but with the 2nd snow this week it looks like this may be it for on-course play until the spring. Completely agree with you on distance and accuracy. Even though it's been cold up here I've probably hit the furthest drive I've ever hit on almost every non-par 3 on my home course. The accuracy with this shaft is just unbelievable, probably the strongest part of this shaft. I'll be doing a big write-up summary once testing is officially over. Hope to maybe get a range session in at some point over the next few days.

For those going with the 4x, what are your driver SS? And why the 4x over a 5x or even 5s or 6s?

Tapping away on my S3

Wow Damaikis, that is a serious improvement in FWY percentage! Thanks for the great info!

For those going with the 4x, what are your driver SS? And why the 4x over a 5x or even 5s or 6s?

Tapping away on my S3

I swing about 105. Maybe a bit more. I chose the 4x because of the flex code and the weight. I thought the flex code would work well for me and I was curious to try out the lighter weight shaft. It was either the 4x or 5s for me, and I eventually chose the 4x because of those two things.

My driver swing speed hovers around 110-112 based on my recent trip to the PGA Superstore in Myrtle.

I really like the weighting on the 4x. I still think the 5x is the most accurate option for my game and keeps the flight where I want it to be, but the 4x is a a great option for a low lofted driver like an 8.5.

The 5x is defined as a low-mid launch whereas the 4x is defined as a mid-high. Worth considering as well.

Also, with my lag and swing speed, I found the 5s to be too high launching and the spin definitely let some of my shots get away from me.

The 4x is nothing short of astounding. It is truly THE first lightweight shaft that I've tried that not only holds up through the swing with stability but also just puts the ball on a ridiculously penetrating flight. I've played a LOT of driver shafts, I've never seen anything quite like this though. I'd like to try the S's just for comparisons sakes but my 11.5/4x combo is pure winner for me.

I swing about 105. Maybe a bit more. I chose the 4x because of the flex code and the weight. I thought the flex code would work well for me and I was curious to try out the lighter weight shaft. It was either the 4x or 5s for me, and I eventually chose the 4x because of those two things.

Looking to raise my ball flight and I have the same SS. Have the c.kua 43x in a 9.0* classic. Was thinking kusala white 56x or 61s but the feel off thr b.asha is just too good to not consider.

Tapping away on my S3

Looking to raise my ball flight and I have the same SS. Have the c.kua 43x in a 9.0* classic. Was thinking kusala white 56x or 61s but the feel off thr b.asha is just too good to not consider.

Tapping away on my S3

I don't think the B. Asha is the place to look for a higher flight over a C. Kua. Maybe try the 43s? Or a higher-lofted head? I'm just not sure the B. Asha will work for you in this situation. Maybe one of the softer shafts in the line, but I haven't hit them so I can't really comment on that.

The 43x is 9833 right? I have to think the 4x should bring it down at touch at 7854 and a bit heavier of a shaft.

I don't think the B. Asha is the place to look for a higher flight over a C. Kua. Maybe try the 43s? Or a higher-lofted head? I'm just not sure the B. Asha will work for you in this situation. Maybe one of the softer shafts in the line, but I haven't hit them so I can't really comment on that.

Agree with this. Don't look to the 4x/5x if you're looking for higher, I cant speak on the 4s/5s though. Though the Asha's are based on the C.Kua platform, I would have never thought that had the interview with Mr.Gillis not said it. This is umpteen times more stable for me than the 2 aftermarket C.Kua's I played in drivers were and a much more penetrating flight.

There's something to a higher lofted head though...I just wish I'd listened sooner.

I agree with what the other guys said, the B. Asha 4/5X probably won't help you raise your ball flight. I use the 4S and have seen a mid flight however I am a pretty low launch player. You have a slightly faster swing speed so maybe the 4S or 5S could help you get the flight up.

Thanks for the insight guys The reason I am considering a b.asha is I hit golf4life's 10.5 Classic 290 with b.asha 5x and bombed it. Great feeling shaft. I hit a block right with it but the thing still carried 270yrds with a nice high ball flight. Part of this is probably because I put some spine tilt into that swing but most likely i couldn't repeat that shot on a continued basis

Tapping away on my S3

Thanks for the insight guys The reason I am considering a b.asha is I hit golf4life's 10.5 Classic 290 with b.asha 5x and bombed it. Great feeling shaft. I hit a block right with it but the thing still carried 270yrds with a nice high ball flight. Part of this is probably because I put some spine tilt into that swing but most likely i couldn't repeat that shot on a continued basis

Tapping away on my S3

It's a beast of a shaft for sure. I hope you can find a place to hit them and find a B. Asha or other shaft that works for you!

Driving Range Session
Eldorado Country Club, McKinney, TX
Weather: Cloudy, 45 degrees, wind 10-15 mph

As I've stated in my previous post a few weeks ago I've been struggling with a hook of some sorts that I couldn't quite figure out. With our Christmas winter storm that occurred last week and some not so good weather since then (thanks TexasHacker for that KC weather you brought down here with you) I have not been able to get out to do anything golf related till yesterday. Weather was still cold but was probably the best day we've had down here since a few days before Christmas. I got down to the range and was set to hit a few drives with only the B. Asha shaft and nothing else (sorry JDL). Warmed up with some wedges and then some 8 irons and moved on to the driver.

Lately I've been tinkering with my takeaway with the driver. Some have been more on the inside while some have been more on the outside. So I continued on that path to see what I could work out. By the end of the session I was back to taking the club a bit on the outside still trying to get the cut I was use to playing back. I probably hit about 25-30 drives on the day. Here is what was happening.

Funny enough I didn't pull that many balls the entire time on any of the different ways I was taking the club back. Go figure. If anything I was losing a few to the right with an overcut. That was to be expected as I was very much in the tinkering phase in the driving range session. By the end I had my cut going but almost felt like I had to open my stance a whole bunk (Bubba open) to get it to cut enough.

Ball Flight
It is right where I want it to be with this shaft. It is a mid to mid high sometimes with no issues. I play the ball a bit up in my stance in order to get it there but have no problem moving the ball back to the middle of my stance to get the ball flight a lot lower if needed. This is the biggest positive for me and this shaft is the height of the ball. It is very penetrating and produces some good roll once it lands. Ball flight has never been an issue with me and my drives.

Workability
You can work the ball with this shaft and I'm finding that out right now as I tinker. I'm getting my cut back slowly and I can definitely play the draw. But at the same time I've never hit so many straight balls in my life as I have with this shaft. It is true and there is not much give in the shaft. It does not feel loose but at the same time does not feel like a board.

I still have a little more work to do with the driver but I'm on the right track. Still plan on getting a lesson with one of our pros to have him look at my swing to see if something sticks out to him. Hopefully this weekend I will be back on the course and the B. Asha will be along side me for sure.

Previous B. Asha Testing:

Spoiler
Intro: Click Here
B. Asha Arrival: Click Here
Simulator Testing Part 1: Click Here
Simulator Testing part 2: Click Here
On Course Round 1: Click Here
Driving Range Session 1: Click Here
On Course Round 2: Click Here
On Course Round 3&4: Click Here
2 Man Scramble: Click Here
4 Man Scramble: Click Here
On Course Round 5: Click Here
Driving Range Session 2: Click Here
Driving Range Session 3: Click Here
Driving Range Session 3 Post Review: Click Here
Driving Range Session 4&5: Click Here

I'm hoping TexasHacker comes on here soon and talks about his 2 rounds of golf he played while down in Dallas with the B. Asha. I got to witness one of them and it was a joy!

Hi guys! I will be playing along soon. Doing my shaft pondering now. Hit the 7X in Ohio and liked the way it felt and would have loved to swung it in my 910. Currently playing my 910 at 10.0 with my Fuji Motore Speeder VC 7.1 X. Very happy with the ball flight I get from this set up, when I am clubbing it well. I will either end up with a 5X or a 7X, and am leaning 7X due to being somewhat familiar with it, it being somewhat similar to my Fuji (which I do love), and so I can add thoughts on one of the different offerings in the B. Asha.

Thoughts? Persuasions? Let 'em fly.

Hi guys! I will be playing along soon. Doing my shaft pondering now. Hit the 7X in Ohio and liked the way it felt and would have loved to swung it in my 910. Currently playing my 910 at 10.0 with my Fuji Motore Speeder VC 7.1 X. Very happy with the ball flight I get from this set up, when I am clubbing it well. I will either end up with a 5X or a 7X, and am leaning 7X due to being somewhat familiar with it, it being somewhat similar to my Fuji (which I do love), and so I can add thoughts on one of the different offerings in the B. Asha.

Thoughts? Persuasions? Let 'em fly.

I know it popular, but the 5x is a great shaft. I did really like the 7x as well, but the 5x to me is the best of both worlds. You get that nice weight that is on the lighter side but not so light you are afraid of breaking the shaft ( I know it wouldnt happen, its more a mental thing then anything. And I know alot of people have had success with the 4x/s) and gives you the performance you are looking for. Just my thoughts. I know I really like it as well.

I know it popular, but the 5x is a great shaft. I did really like the 7x as well, but the 5x to me is the best of both worlds. You get that nice weight that is on the lighter side but not so light you are afraid of breaking the shaft ( I know it wouldnt happen, its more a mental thing then anything. And I know alot of people have had success with the 4x/s) and gives you the performance you are looking for. Just my thoughts. I know I really like it as well.

Thanks for chiming in. I am brushing up right now and I am either going to roll 5X or 7X. I swung the 5X but it was in JRod's set up once or twice and he was using a smaller headed driver than I am used to, so it's not like I could really get much feedback off that. It felt good through the swing. According to what I am seeing, the international flex code on my Fuji is 7769, compared to 7785 in the B. Asha 7X. When I did swing the B. Asha, I will admit, it didn't feel near as smooth as my Fuji. It felt incredibly stiff to me in the butt (no jokes, please). I guess I kind of felt herky jerky with it. I hit a few really beautiful balls with the 7X and I of course did some of my patented pulls and hooks. I believe the Razr Fit I was hitting the B. Asha 7X in was 10.5 of loft and I really liked the trajectory and the way the ball just lazered out and stayed there and flew.

What do you have in your driver now?

Back