Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has sent out numerous shafts to the forum testers that were selected after signup and they will be providing feedback in this thread. Feel free to join in the conversation with your own reviews as well as ask questions to those that are doing the hard work of testing these out.

We have also asked THP Equipment Tester JMan to join in with pictures, as well as assistance in answering questions along with the testers.

Last edited:
This may be one of the absolute most anticipated forum reviews that we have been fortunate enough to have here on THP. Think about it, those of us that got to hit this shaft on the Tour Van trip and the testers that will be partaking in this are legitimately some of the first people around to get to spend time with this new offering from Miyazaki. How cool is that?

So, I do believe I'll kick this thing off! Who would have ever thought that, eh? Ha!

As a THP Equipment Tester I was actually fortunate enough to be asked to tag along with this one and participate in putting the B.Asha through its paces. Though not an official tester for this one, I will be around to share what I'm seeing/experiencing as well as being available to help answer any questions that might arise as well. The official tester's are the real stars here, I'll just be along for the ride to help out where I can.

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

By now everyone has heard about, seen, bantered about, and lusted after this newest offering from Miyazaki. I just want to focus a bit more on how unreal it is that WE, members of the THP family, got to see and in many cases TRY these shafts out when everyone else is left wanting. THAT, is awesome, it just is. I will openly admit to being like a little kid in Des Moines at the Tour Van stop KNOWING that I was going to get to hit one of these. It certainly didn't help that the first words out of JB's mouth were "Oh yes, they are legit" as it just made it that much more exciting.

When I first got to see the B.Asha's in hand, I said aloud that the pictures we had seen did not do them justice, I still stand by that. Though the look may not be for everyone as far as the off-white shade is concerned, the majority will agree when they get these in hand, the pictures do not do them justice. In fact, I had that same revelation when I opened up the package today. I actually opened it OUTSIDE just so I would get to see it in all its glory in the sun. I'm a fan. The color and the brown print of the Miyazaki logo combined with the artwork and the nice little "BA" in red just fit together, add that it has the rough texture for preventing drag, loaded with looks AND tech might be an understatement.

SHAFT OF CHOICE:

The particular B.Asha that I will be putting through its paces is actually the 4X which comes in with an International Flex Code of 7854 on it. The shaft came in uncut at its raw weight of 53 grams, after but trimming it to play at 45" it lost 4g of weight putting it in right at 49 grams of total weight on my scale before I gripped it or put the tip on. I will actually be putting this in my Callaway RAZR Fit 10.5, this is exciting for me because I actually LOVED (and played a round with) the 5X/Fit combo in Des Moines.

The lighter weight is going to be a journey for me into new realms, I played a C.Kua 43S for a bit when they first released and struggled terribly, but, the B.Asha feels nothing at all like the C.Kua line. I actually traditionally am an "S" flex player but since the advent of Miyazaki's "International Flex Code" system I now focus on that rather than the stated flex. Because of that, I will be rolling with the 4X. The reason for going this way is I want to see just how stable the 40 gram range portion of the line can be and if lighter really will be better for me, ass to that the Flex Code at 7854 sets up pretty well for me as the stouter butt section will be good for my quick/aggressive transition.

All in all, this one is exciting. I TRULY look forward to what the testers will be bringing to the table and also chiming in to answer questions and share thoughts where I can!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! PICTURES!!!
DSC0430-L.jpg

DSC0423-L.jpg

DSC0432-L.jpg

DSC0425-L.jpg

DSC0426-L.jpg

DSC0427-L.jpg

DSC0428-L.jpg

Honest question, can questions be posted here about shaft make up or should that be thrown over in the initial thread?

• Admin
Honest question, can questions be posted here about shaft make up or should that be thrown over in the initial thread?

This is an all encompassing review thread. If you have questions, the testers and others will have answers.

Hmm they are showing up now.

Great thoughts dude.

Incredible opening Jman.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Great start Jman! Can't wait to get it in!

Love the graphics on this shaft. Gorgeous.

That looks beautiful. JMan, I'm curious to see if you see an increase or decrease in your carry yardage with this combo. Also, are you hoping to increase your carry or decrease in hopes to get more roll out?

Great start, Jman, and amazing pictures!

Showing up fine here Jrod.

So now these are in hand, how does the finish feel? Is it like a matte finish feel or bumpy rough?

Last edited:
Awesome stuff Jman. That's the shaft I went with too so I'll be looking to see how you like it. I actually went for it for almost exactly the same reasons I did. I focused just on the flex code, not the letter. I'm really interested to see how I like the light weight as I've never used a shaft this light before and I'm really looking forward to using it.

Such a great write up Jman, I love how amazing the artwork and I can't wait to see the rest of the shafts when they come in. Just wondering, is the Miyazaki B. Asha meant for a certain group of golfers or do they have many options? Depending on how this testing goes I would love to get fitted for one of these shafts.

Great initial review Jman. This is a testing I've been waiting for a while and really look forward to following along. The shaft looks so nice in those pictures, I'm a big fan of the color from all the pictures I've seen.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, you don't have to be skilled at picture taking to make this one look good, it does it on its own IMO. I can't wait for these guys to get going in here, it by all accounts should be a memorable one. For sure a great group of guys on this one and I look forward to watching it all go down.

That looks beautiful. JMan, I'm curious to see if you see an increase or decrease in your carry yardage with this combo. Also, are you hoping to increase your carry or decrease in hopes to get more roll out?

With the tip at a 4 in this one, I expect to see more height/carry in my flight coming from a Black Tie. Honestly, I don't think I hit the ball as high as I always thought I did, and with this one being a mid flight shaft with the stiff butt section I desire it should be fun. Plus, I really look forward to the 49 gram weight. I even bought a weight kit for my Fit for this whole thing in case tinkering is in order for me personally needing to up/drop the head weight.

Such a great write up Jman, I love how amazing the artwork and I can't wait to see the rest of the shafts when they come in. Just wondering, is the Miyazaki B. Asha meant for a certain group of golfers or do they have many options? Depending on how this testing goes I would love to get fitted for one of these shafts.

IMO they run all areas. These go from low-mid trajectories right in to mid-high with the lower weights. It'll be interesting to see the thoughts on that with the different weights the testers selected.

IMO they run all areas. These go from low-mid trajectories right in to mid-high with the lower weights. It'll be interesting to see the thoughts on that with the different weights the testers selected.

That's great to hear, I hope that we see a variety of shaft options from the testers to see a larger picture of what Miyazaki has to offer. I can't wait to hear more.

Nice first write and and pics JMAN, can't wait to hear how you feel after a few swings!

Great start Jman, that thing looks even cooler than I remember it in DM, but that Razr Fit combo was awesome on the range for me!

Hello B. Asha! Not only is it a beauty to look at, it's a beauty to swing. I was a fan of the 4 series of this shaft, loved the light weight and it was just one of the most smooth feeling shafts I have ever swung. You dudes are going to have a joy testing this one out, that's for sure. I still wonder how this one would be paired up in my CG Black...

Easily the best looking shaft out there, hands down. I am hoping to get my mitts on the 7X in Ohio and give it a run and see how it compares to my Motore Speeder.

Excellent kick off indeed to this highly anticipated testing. How does the four digit 7854 breakout? I thought I understood that it equated to the incremental sectioning of the shaft. From the butt to the tip. If that is correct then the second 10 inches would be stiffer than the butt end thus creating a kick point in the area of the 20 to 30 inch range? If that's not correct could someone explain it for me

Jman, I'll be real interested to see how the 4x works out for you. If I do go with the B. Asha it will be the 4 series. I've always played stiff as well but after seeing the International Flex Code numbers the other day in a different B. Asha thread I started thinking maybe the 4x would be better than the 4s. After a couple replies back and forth with JB I concluded I may have gotten a little carried away and was maybe a little thrown off by the numbers. I really like the International Flex Code but I think I think I need to fully educate myself more and this thread will really help. Interesting how you, me and Dam all saw the 4 series Flex Code numbers and all thought the same thing that we could go form stiff to x-stiff. Ultimately I think I'll end up with a stiff shaft (4s being the front runner) but I'll be following you and Dam real close to see how you guys do going up in flex.

Man that thing is a beauty. I was really hoping to get in on this testing as this shaft has certainly piqued my interest more than just about any shafts we've seen/heard about around here. Great start Jman, have fun with this one, I am very interested in your feedback.

Back