2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again to all the forum members who have kept in the loop the last few months. Looking forward to having you join us through the 2013 march to July.

Really excited that the 2013 Morgan Cup is officially under way! I'm looking forward to seeing lives changed in 2013 and being part of the greatest amateur event in the world. Best part about it is all the great guys I get to experience it with!

With so much great eqiupment coming out in 2013, I'm really excited to see what everyone chooses.

With so much great eqiupment coming out in 2013, I'm really excited to see what everyone chooses.

Still 3 more weeks of anticipation on what might be coming before everything is unveiled at the PGA show.

I chose to wait and work on my game in hope of a 2014 MC

2013 will bring some amazing insights from all of you MC staffers. Looking forward to following the journey. #GoTeamAlbatross

It will be brought big time. #GoTeamAlbatross indeed!!!

Still 3 more weeks of anticipation on what might be coming before everything is unveiled at the PGA show.

Crazy that we know so much already, but there is still so mcuh still to come out and be made public.

Game on Gents.

I am really excited that the journey to the 2013 Morgan Cup has "officially" begun! I started my journey today with a full workout and a new diet, I have plans to show up in Myrtle Beach quite a few pounds lighter and in much better shape. I also begin a 6 month lesson program with GolfTec this coming Friday and I am excited to try and take my game to the next level and develop a little more consistency in my swing.

I am re-reading Dave Pelz Short Game Bible and will be focusing on my short game alot as well.

Can't wait to find out what Bridgestone has in store for us as well!

I am really excited that the journey to the 2013 Morgan Cup has "officially" begun! I started my journey today with a full workout and a new diet, I have plans to show up in Myrtle Beach quite a few pounds lighter and in much better shape. I also begin a 6 month lesson program with GolfTec this coming Friday and I am excited to try and take my game to the next level and develop a little more consistency in my swing.

I am re-reading Dave Pelz Short Game Bible and will be focusing on my short game alot as well.

Very interested in this as well!

I had a chance to play 3 rounds while I was on vacation. I was a bit disappointed in my scores, shot 86, 88, and 91. I had a fair amount of rust on my game, but what I was most frustrated with was my putting. I think that every round had at least 33 putts, and I missed way too many putts from the 3-6 foot range. My short game was also pretty pathetic. All of that said, I did hit some decent iron shots and had some drives that had a bunch of distance on them (for me), so there were some good times. I need to get back to practicing my putting indoors and work on my game, and also work on not overswinging with the longer clubs. The 3 rounds did give me a nice idea of where my game is at right now, and what I need to work on. I think that cleaning up the short game and putting will allow me to drop 3-5 shots per round compared to what happened this past week. My goal for 2013 is to have most of my rounds under 85 and be able to threaten breaking 80 fairly frequently.

Sounds like a great plan TBT. Good luck!!!

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

Really excited that the 2013 Morgan Cup is officially under way! I'm looking forward to seeing lives changed in 2013 and being part of the greatest amateur event in the world. Best part about it is all the great guys I get to experience it with!
I could not agree more!!

I had a chance to play 3 rounds while I was on vacation. I was a bit disappointed in my scores, shot 86, 88, and 91. I had a fair amount of rust on my game, but what I was most frustrated with was my putting. I think that every round had at least 33 putts, and I missed way too many putts from the 3-6 foot range. My short game was also pretty pathetic. All of that said, I did hit some decent iron shots and had some drives that had a bunch of distance on them (for me), so there were some good times. I need to get back to practicing my putting indoors and work on my game, and also work on not overswinging with the longer clubs. The 3 rounds did give me a nice idea of where my game is at right now, and what I need to work on. I think that cleaning up the short game and putting will allow me to drop 3-5 shots per round compared to what happened this past week. My goal for 2013 is to have most of my rounds under 85 and be able to threaten breaking 80 fairly frequently.
Glad you got to get out and play bud. I have to work on the bolded part a lot myself. I get a 4 or 5 iron in my hands and I always think I have to work extra hard or something, it's annoying! Short game and putting is where my focus will be this year as well.

I'm just ready to get out and play a round with my captain. That'll be a joy!:blob:

Sounds like some folks are really putting a solid plan together. I'm still in the process of defining my MC plan and new years resolutions, which should just about mirror each other.

How much of that can be pointed to the greens? Some times people have a bit of struggle going from bent to bermuda?

I could not agree more!!

Glad you got to get out and play bud. I have to work on the bolded part a lot myself. I get a 4 or 5 iron in my hands and I always think I have to work extra hard or something, it's annoying! Short game and putting is where my focus will be this year as well.

It was ridiculous, with my longer clubs I would get to the top and then try to kill the ball from the top, and the shots would go everywhere but straight. When I concentrated on feeling like I was making a half-swing with my driver and keeping my tempo smooth....ball go far. Stupid game.

How much of that can be pointed to the greens? Some times people have a bit of struggle going from bent to bermuda?

I was out in Arizona, so I doubt that it was Bermuda. The greens were quick out there and that led to a number of putts that went far past the hole, but I was also missing short putts that I really shouldn't miss. It really ticked me off, I can't be doing that if I want to shoot good scores.

Tim I'm proud of you bro. I mean that in the best possible way. Your commitment to your game is inspirational. I wish you all the best on your Journey and look forward to hanging in March.
I wouldn't worry too much about it Ary. You have a buttery smooth swi g that ahold fall right back into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back