2013 Hyundai Tournament of Champions -- Rory + NIKE Covert driver?

Anyone think that maybe Stanley just hasn't found a putter that he likes yet from Nike? Method for sure, but maybe he has a "proto" being built or something.

That's what I am assuming. He just needs an adjustment period to whatever he is going to roll when he gets used to it. These guys can't just switch on a whim. Putters more so than anything else.

Nike doesn't do 13 club deals, but they do offer aN adjustment period.

Didn't AK use a Cameron? I can't remember what he had in the bag since it's been so long.

Nike doesn't do 13 club deals, but they do offer aN adjustment period.

You sure about that? I know Molinari played a TaylorMade putter for ages. AK used a Cameron putter and a TaylorMade fairway 3wood.

He's not playing. Kyle Stanley and Nick Watney are, which might explain why they got announced as part of Nike today.

Rory won't play until Abu Dubai, Nike has said that is when they will make a "big announcement"

You sure about that? I know Molinari played a TaylorMade putter for ages. AK used a Cameron putter and a TaylorMade fairway 3wood.

Interesting. I was sure but now I'm not. I know they give their players the option to use something better if they can prove that it is, or so I have heard. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Interesting. I was sure but now I'm not. I know they give their players the option to use something better if they can prove that it is, or so I have heard. I don't know what to believe anymore.

I knew Tiger had that clause. But I didn't know if it extended to their entire staff.

Really looking forward to watching this.

I read that tiger played the Nike ball for two years before he made the equipment switch, when he signed with Nike.

I'd love to hear what nikes official stance is on that. It took them a while to get tiger to 14!

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

I think it's to bad that more guys don't play kapalua. It's a great tournament to kick off the year. Has rory ever played there? Tiger hasn't played there in ages. it's to bad.
I think both of them are starting their year in dubai

I will be here, so I will be your man for anything I see!

I also am surprised to see Nicks driver and 2 wedge set up, and Stanley's lack of a PW. I like that each bag looks different.

I love this event and I wish that all players eligable would play and realize that this is an exclusive tournament. I can't wait to watch the winners or 2012.

I thought I read earlier tonight Tiger might be playing in the Hyuandai Open....could be wrong by the reports...it was just something I read in some golf news!

I cant wait to watch some actual golf this week. It will be very interesting to see how much pressure the guys put on the early weeks of the season, knowing that this year will be very special in how they dont have near as many tournaments to seal up their cards for 2014.

I am excited to see some of the Nike guys put the Covert into play. Will also be cool to see maybe some new Cleveland stuff in bags!!

I am excited to see some of the Nike guys put the Covert into play. Will also be cool to see maybe some new Cleveland stuff in bags!!

Who did Cleveland sign?

Who did Cleveland sign?

Nothing that I have seen yet, just saying that we may see the 2013 gear in their staffers bags. Cleveland has not released much about their 2013 line yet, so this is a small chance to sneak a peek.

Really excited to see what they've done with the Classic line.

Did Glover sign anywhere

I'm more interested in seeing how many pros are no longer using anchored putters.

~Rock

Back