The Movie Review Thread

Rented a RedBox flick last night called "Lawless" about a family of moonshiners. Great, great acting and definitely worth the viewing. Based on a true story about the Bondurant family.

I may get out to see Django today. I'm so pumped.

Saw Django last night. If you enjoy Quentin Tarantino movies you will love it. I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

My girlfriend thought it was disgustingly violent and crude.. That is Quentin Tarantino.

Cristoph Walz was absolutely phenomenal as he was in Inglorious Bastards.

In short.. I loved it and will be seeing it again

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Saw Django last night. If you enjoy Quentin Tarantino movies you will love it. I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

My girlfriend thought it was disgustingly violent and crude.. That is Quentin Tarantino.

Cristoph Walz was absolutely phenomenal as he was in Inglorious Bastards.

In short.. I loved it and will be seeing it again

TapaTalk from the iPhone

THIS is what I wanted to hear! Love Tarantino movies. It shall be seen.

THIS is what I wanted to hear! Love Tarantino movies. It shall be seen.

Please do. I think it's tops in violence from him, but I didn't mind the violence and I have come to expect it.

Leo is very good as well. It's just an awesome movie

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Please do. I think it's tops in violence from him, but I didn't mind the violence and I have come to expect it.

Leo is very good as well. It's just an awesome movie

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I was a tad let down. One of his weaker entries.

Leo Christoph and SLJ stole the show though.
The suspense and tension building that I've come to expect from QT just wasn't there as prevalent in this movie. The best scenes were in the beginning and they were more comedy than tension. The two scenes with Leo towards the end made the movie though, classic Tarantino. Just wish there were more.

Hey opinions make the world go round. I agree with a lot of it, but I felt there was adequate tension.

I forgot to mention Samuel L. He had me rolling

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Hey opinions make the world go round. I agree with a lot of it, but I felt there was adequate tension.

I forgot to mention Samuel L. He had me rolling

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I'm sure the more I think about the movie and analyze the more I'll come to realize I actually really liked it. That's how some Tarantino movies are lol

I'm sure the more I think about the movie and analyze the more I'll come to realize I actually really liked it. That's how some Tarantino movies are lol

That's why I'm seeing it again

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Rented a RedBox flick last night called "Lawless" about a family of moonshiners. Great, great acting and definitely worth the viewing. Based on a true story about the Bondurant family.
I almost picked that up the other day, glad to know it was good I'll have to pick that one up!

Saw The Hobbit tonight. Solid movie, though it bored me at times. I'm really excited for the next one though.

I saw Silver Linings Playbook tonight and it was simply amazing. Start to finish had me engaged and intrigued. Cooper and Lawrence worked brilliantly together in tandem. DeNiro also had his moments. Though the ending was slightly predictable (as with all Rom-Coms), I really did find this movie enthralling. It has a little bit of everything. At times, I didn't even know what genre it was. Well here's the category I'll put it in, A Story. Start to Finish, the move guided you along and followed the insane world of these 2 unlikable people. I know, it sounds weird. But honestly, go see it. You won't regret it.

I bought it. It is a good movie.

I want to see TED....looks different and pretty funny and I am a big movie buff and watch them all. Lawless looks great too and I watch the Moonshiners show every wednesday on the Discovery channel and now amish mafia which is where I am from ....well a county over in York but I have lived in Lancaster and seen all the horse and buggy action which was really strange from just one country over!

Saw The Hobbit tonight. Solid movie, though it bored me at times. I'm really excited for the next one though.

I refuse to see this movie. A book shorter than any of the 3 Lord of the Rings turned into a trilogy? Not surprised it bored you. No thanks. One 2.5 hour action packed movie would have been great. Stupid Jackson.

I refuse to see this movie. A book shorter than any of the 3 Lord of the Rings turned into a trilogy? Not surprised it bored you. No thanks. One 2.5 hour action packed movie would have been great. Stupid Jackson.

Yeah. I bet the next two are very good, but this one was a whole lot of setup. Very little bit of action. For making me sit there for 3 hours with such a little amount of action, I say thumbs down.

Django Unchained was AMAZING! I wouldnt recommend bringing your 12 yr old kid to see it (lots of cussing) but it is a great movie. No matter what youre into, it was rock solid, funny as all hell, and great acting. Awesome.

Have to agree with those sentiments. I must have sat there for an hour thinking "OK. Give me an eagle so I can go home."
At least I was thinking like a golfer.

Django Unchained was AMAZING! I wouldnt recommend bringing your 12 yr old kid to see it (lots of cussing) but it is a great movie. No matter what youre into, it was rock solid, funny as all hell, and great acting. Awesome.

This I've got to see, been waiting for it since the first press release. Also, as a big fan of Lee Child Reacher books, the Reacher movie is a must for me (even though Cruise is my last choice as Reacher).

I just reread The Hobbit in anticipation of seeing the movie, and I kept thinking, 'How are they going to make this into 3 films'. Maybe there will be lots of extended sequences of dwarves trotting along on donkeys or Bilbo combing his foot hair.

I just reread The Hobbit in anticipation of seeing the movie, and I kept thinking, 'How are they going to make this into 3 films'. Maybe there will be lots of extended sequences of dwarves trotting along on donkeys or Bilbo combing his foot hair.

I saw it last week. I fell asleep during the troll encounter, and as an avid fan of the books had problems with a few of the artistic liberties that Jackson took.

+1

we went to see it on New Year's Eve, definitely a solid flick. Tarantinos movies are always good. We're actually watching Inglorious Bastards right now.

Well the book moved quicker than the lotr trilogies did so they were able to portray the hobbit in a better manor IMO. Jackson bought 125 pages of unpublished material from the Tolkien estate. Tolkien will not sell the silmarillion.

One movie I loved was Silver Linings Playbook. Absolutely incredible movie. Deniro was great. So was cooper.

Holy crap you guys, Looper was incredible.

Back