2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want that Bridgestone Football that can curve like crazy, send that Chunky!

I've hit my 5i off the tee many times. In the late spring when I was playing my best golf I was playing to 150 off of every par 4, no matter what the distance was. On a 350 yard par 4 I was playing a 5i off the tee. Like I said I played my most consistent golf when I was doing that, not really sure why I got away from it.

That's how I feel. Lots of times the driver isn't always the best option

I arrived home tonight to a nice little package from my fellow Cobra staffer, IceyShanks. Man I love the Morgan Cup, THP, and its' wonderful members.
Big thanks to Kyle for doing this for all of us. So cool...

8340092028_dbd6508bca_z.jpg

8339033155_9c0c8389c7_z.jpg

8339037981_de11c7297e_z.jpg

Icey...you are awesome! Can't wait for this! Thanks man, great gesture, and I will wear it with pride!

I just browsed the True Blue & Caledonia course arial scorecard pics on all the holes...man...the sand...vacation on the beach! I will get my fairway stats in order!!

I just browsed the True Blue & Caledonia course arial scorecard pics on all the holes...man...the sand...vacation on the beach! I will get my fairway stats in order!!

While it looks intimidating, True Blue is wide open for the most part. Hard to miss a bunch of the fairways.

Caladonia on the other hand is a bit more difficult off of the tee.

While it looks intimidating, True Blue is wide open for the most part. Hard to miss a bunch of the fairways.

Caladonia on the other hand is a bit more difficult off of the tee.

I have to admit, that even though I trust my swing, I do like wider fairways :)

Are all the sand areas bunkers or is there any wasteland areas on those courses? Some of the holes seem to have quite large areas of sand :)

I have to admit, that even though I trust my swing, I do like wider fairways :)

Are all the sand areas bunkers or is there any wasteland areas on those courses? Some of the holes seem to have quite large areas of sand :)

At true blue all sand is waste area so you can ground your club, take practice swings, etc. definitely came in handy last year!!!

At true blue all sand is waste area so you can ground your club, take practice swings, etc. definitely came in handy last year!!!

definitely takes some getting used to for people like me that seldomly play courses that have them

I can see why that can help. It really helped out during the invitational too. Not all the sand is the same so getting a feel for it was nice.

definitely takes some getting used to for people like me that seldomly play courses that have them

It's funny because sand at my home course is a rarity so I figured I would really struggle in SC with it. It was just not the case. I was able to pick it clean from the fairway waste areas but then found it fluffy enough when getting around some greens that I missed that I was able to splash it out. Definitely a different texture to it than what I experience around here.

Kyle - that is awesome bro!!! So so cool ! Great idea!

It's funny because sand at my home course is a rarity so I figured I would really struggle in SC with it. It was just not the case. I was able to pick it clean from the fairway waste areas but then found it fluffy enough when getting around some greens that I missed that I was able to splash it out. Definitely a different texture to it than what I experience around here.

yeah something Im going to practice a ton this year is the sand game. JB gave me some pointers last weekend, now its just time to execute

During a practice round last year with Biggsy. At caledonia I hit a couple sand pits a few holes in a row, I think 3. I took like 30 swings in 3 holes to get out of it. It was awful to go thru and I'm sure awful to watch. During the matches at caledonia I never really hit the hit pits, thank goodness. It was Biggsy's hole-in-one round. Made me feel even worse. :laughing:

yeah something Im going to practice a ton this year is the sand game. JB gave me some pointers last weekend, now its just time to execute

So true dude. That was one thing I really worked on last year.

Man that sand was tough. It was hit or miss on whether you would get a good lie. I was in the bunker on hole 3 every round. Once I had a perfect lie and it was no problem getting the ball out. The other two times I had a very bare lie and it was tough sliding the club under especially with water on the other side.

I actually did pretty good out of the waste bunkers, it is regular bunkers I have a problem with. I definitely need to focus on that area of my game this year. It is definitely one aspect that is holding me back.

ANNOUNCEMENT

As we embark on this journey social media is playing a roll. Because of the sheer amount of companies involved and the messages being sent, we are going to remove one of the Twitter accounts. Very shortly @TheMorganCup will no longer be valid and we will only be using the companies involved and @hackersparadise

We do think a hashtag is appropriate and ask people to use #THPMC as it shortens it and gives more space for the messages that people are sending. Please make sure you pass the info along to those that might miss this and we will make sure everybody is aware.

#THPMC could be a great way to find news and spread news if everybody uses it appropriately and THP will make sure the companies are aware of this hashtag. Thank you all for understanding and we will make sure each participant receives this via PM as well.

Got it! #THPMC it is!

sounds like a plan, thanks for the heads up

#THPMC baby! Cant wait to follow this amazing journey. You guys are in for a lot of fun.

great idea here. some of those tweets were pushing well over 140 characters with everyone involved.
noted.

#THPMC it is!

I just browsed the True Blue & Caledonia course aerial scorecard pics on all the holes...man...the sand...vacation on the beach! I will get my fairway stats in order!!

i found myself in the waste at True Blue more than i would have liked, but had no issues getting out...
i enjoy playing off that tighter sand where you can pick the ball a little cleaner. and although it felt wrong to do, some practice swings in the bunkers, even around the greens helped out a little. heck, i nearly holed one from around 135yd on #6 in the singles match. put it within a foot for a gimme birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back