Webb Simpson leaves Polo

Izod, huh......didn't see that one coming

I like Polo....not really a fan of Izod though. Wonder what the change was over?!?

Kinda funny, but I consider Polo and non-entity in the golf world. I have always liked Polo clothing, and have plenty of polo shirts including polos, but never consider them when heading to the course. Even their Polo golf line is light years behind any other golf shirt I own.

Glad to see him moving on, Izod wouldn't have been my pick, but its still better than Polo in my mind.

This is like going from driving a Ferrari to a Hyundai.

I don't even know what an Izod is. Thought it was like a Pokemon.

This is surprising. I thought Webb was a good fit with Polo.

Will be interesting to see if he can bring some attention to the IZOD golf line.

Downgrade in my opinion, but obviously Polo didnt want to match the cash. I wonder if Kevin Na will still be with Izod too?

Pretty strong move for IZod IMO.
I would think that'd give the. A little consumer recognition they haven't had as much of.

Good move by izod. I have had a bunch of izod shorts the last few years. This should certainly bring some attention back to the brand

Good move by izod. I have had a bunch of izod shorts the last few years. This should certainly bring some attention back to the brand
I've had some for work, but never for golf. But with Simpson moving to them they'll certainly be talked about a bit more.

Good grab for Izod here. I have several pairs of their pants and couple of shirts. Its solid stuff. If you have and Izod Outlet near you check out their stuff and the prices are great. Should certainty bring more awareness to the brand.

Good grab for Izod here. I have several pairs of their pants and couple of shirts. Its solid stuff. If you have and Izod Outlet near you check out their stuff and the prices are great. Should certainty bring more awareness to the brand.

Izod outlet is always a must hit stop for me when I'm near one. Good stuff that doesn't break the bank.

Webb Simpson will end up being like Rich Beem.

this is crazy to me, he looks like he would be represented by Polo. Izod? ummmm no thanks.

Great grab for Izod.

Report is that Izod has also signed Spencer Levin and Scott Piercy. Creating a stable of golfers it apprears.

Report is that Izod has also signed Spencer Levin and Scott Piercy. Creating a stable of golfers it apprears.
Interesting, Webb is certainly the focal point of that group for sure.

Just saw him on, "On The Range". Looks terrible. Shirt and pants look way too baggy.

Just saw him on, "On The Range". Looks terrible. Shirt and pants look way too baggy.

And his pants are really short. They don't even meet the top of his shoes. I wonder if some of this is because it is such a recent switch and he hasn't found the right size yet.

JB-Do you know if the players routinely get "custom" fitted clothes instead of off-the-rack sizes?

And his pants are really short. They don't even meet the top of his shoes. I wonder if some of this is because it is such a recent switch and he hasn't found the right size yet.

JB-Do you know if the players routinely get "custom" fitted clothes instead of off-the-rack sizes?

JB might be able to add more. I know pants, many companies tailor them to the player, such as Puma and Adidas/Ashworth. (source was reps, so I can't guarantee 100% accuracy).

A very good question. I've always thought my golf stuff would fit better with a little tailoring. Especially pants.

Tapatalking on my iPad 2

I haven't seen on the range yet, but I find that a little surprising. They pants are generally on the athletic cut fitted side. Although I do have one pair that is fairly baggy and looser fit in the legs. Their shirts and I only have one of them, are ok. They don't have as athletic fit as most have. They generally have odd patterns that don't really tickle my fancy.

Back