NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on like donkey kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You crazy fools almost make me want to watch the game and try to figure it all out so I can banter.

Almost.

Great news to wake up to this morning! Dust off the Sharks season tickets and jerseys!

It is being reported that the cap is going to be dropped by about 14 million and buy outs can be made next off season. Look at lots of moves coming up that is going to be exciting. Between that and the fact the players didn't get paid this far the are loosing a boat load of money.

It is being reported that the cap is going to be dropped by about 14 million and buy outs can be made next off season. Look at lots of moves coming up that is going to be exciting. Between that and the fact the players didn't get paid this far the are loosing a boat load of money.

I love it!! Buyouts are going to make things VERY interesting.

i'm pretty pissed about everything still..... i hate shortened seasons especially in hockey best part about it is the long grind. i am contemplating boycotting going to games this year. I know i won't go to games like i usually do.... Don't get me wrong i'm happy they worked it out but its still embarrassing they couldn't make a deal till now.

i'm pretty pissed about everything still..... i hate shortened seasons especially in hockey best part about it is the long grind. i am contemplating boycotting going to games this year. I know i won't go to games like i usually do.... Don't get me wrong i'm happy they worked it out but its still embarrassing they couldn't make a deal till now.

My wife asked me a while ago if I was going to start the crazy parade back to Columbus (21 games last season, 95 miles there and back) and I said probably not.

I agree with you. I'm happy hockey is back, but I don't feel the same way I did. It's not about the fans.

You crazy fools almost make me want to watch the game and try to figure it all out so I can banter.

Almost.
We will go to a Barons game then hit up a Blue Jackets game with Canadan. Beers nachos and chipotle.

I love it!! Buyouts are going to make things VERY interesting.

Good by Depietro, Vincent. Wow teams like the jackets could get the offense boosted and with what is on the back end unreal.

We will go to a Barons game then hit up a Blue Jackets game with Canadan. Beers nachos and chipotle.

Good by Depietro, Vincent. Wow teams like the jackets could get the offense boosted and with what is on the back end unreal.

Skype + NHL hockey + chipotle + booze = Awesomeness!!!

I think with Mason's contract falling off next year, they strongly start considering whether they buyout a guy like Tyutin or deal him. He's solid, but he's not worth that contract in a reduced cap market. I know there's a market for him, they just need to work some magic considering how many guys they have that could fill the spot.

I really want to see what Umberger does this year. That dude earned his contract and then stunk for most of a year. Time to light that fire.

What's a hockey?

Do I actually need to try an watch/learn this game? I don't know if I can manage that.

Nope but we just got indoor plumbing!

Just wait until you get toilet paper.

Ufa contracts can be no longer that 8 years if the player was on your team before and 7 years if he is brought over from another team

Jman you need to learn this you would love it when you understand it.

14 million? From 70.2 to 64.3.

And yes, there'll be two amnesty buyouts next season. You can of course still do regular buyouts. :act-up:

14 million? From 70.2 to 64.3.

And yes, there'll be two amnesty buyouts next season. You can of course still do regular buyouts. :act-up:

Yeah I caught that when the replay was on. Six mil and two buyouts can really change a team.
Do you prefer the SEL with nhlers or feel its time to get things back to normal.

Yeah I caught that when the replay was on. Six mil and two buyouts can really change a team.
Do you prefer the SEL with nhlers or feel its time to get things back to normal.

The SEL is the worst league in the world. Nevermind that they didn't allow NHL'ers to sign partial season contracts, so if you wanted to watch NHL talent the second division was a better choice. I watch the playoffs, but the SEL is everything that's bad about big rinks.

Very excited by this news. Buffalo's my team and they made some moves last year before the trade deadline. It was like getting new toys and then not being able to look at them. They also stocked up on some centers with strong potential in the draft, curious to see if they can crack the roster in this shortened season. Hockey's one of the few bright spots around these parts in winter. Certainly can't golf right now unless we're talking putts in the living room.

I see the Pens opened as the favorite and the CBJ the dog, sorry!!!

The jackets aren't designed to win this year. The three picks in the first round of the upcoming draft are going to be awesome though!!!

I don't care if they are bad for this year. I'm just glad that tool bag Nash is off the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back