Hyundai Tournament of Champions (Spoilers)

I'm actually loving this. The player that handles these conditions the best will win, not the player with the best swing. Just the one who plays golf the best. I love that.

I would play as long as the wind is at my back all 18 holes

I'd go to Maui right now and play in these conditions. This isn't good for the common perception of golfers and the game of golf- a bunch of guys scared of the wind. Nobody is in danger of getting hurt.

Just tuned into to NBC. Is this live or no?

Yes it's live 10 min commercial come back two swings back to a commercial.
Love NBC

Generally I'd agree, but i'd say this: aren't they much higher above sea level on that ridge at kapalua than at any of the open courses? Maybe I'm wrong because I think Turnberry is pretty high up on a hill, but I don't recall seeing a ball blown off a tee at the open.

I think last year or two years ago the women's open kept getting delayed because of wind like this
carnostie in high winds and rain, the top,players in the world shot in the 80s. It can't be perfect all the time. Suck it up, in paradise for millions, and play some golf. They sound like big babies.

kuchar looks really old without his hat

Kuch looks like he's getting balder.

Anyone know how to read wind into a putt?

Dufner going with no hat. Hahaha

This will be a long tourney. Can't wait to see what the winner is at come Monday morning.

it's funny watching guys play without hats. It's like Robert Rock is everywhere haha

carnostie in high winds and rain, the top,players in the world shot in the 80s. It can't be perfect all the time. Suck it up, in paradise for millions, and play some golf. They sound like big babies.

I'm with you. I love the open, I like watching how they handle this, what shots they try to hit and how they try to hit them. I played twice last year in 50 degree weather and 40+mph gusts just for the sake of doing it, so these guys will get no sympathy from me to get paid to do it. I'm just saying there's a fine line between tough and unplayable. I can't say that today crosses that line, it doesn't look that way on tv.

Couldnt agree more. As long as all players are in the same conditions (which they are) there is nothing to complain about.

it's funny watching guys play without hats. It's like Robert Rock is everywhere haha

I was just thinking the same thing watching the Duff.

Kuch looks like he's getting balder.

Anyone know how to read wind into a putt?

I had to do it at times when I lived in Charleston. Just subtract or add break based on the wind direction if it's a sideways wind. Obviously easier said than done.

That's a pretty damn good shot by Kuchar on 11. That pin is impossible with that wind.

I had to do it at times when I lived in Charleston. Just subtract or add break based on the wind direction if it's a sideways wind. Obviously easier said than done.

Sounds it. A bunch of hope and pray at times?

I would just withdraw. Thats just dumb. They treated the greens to slow them enough to get the ball to stay on them? How incredibly slow are they going to be to putt on. I'm sure that it wouldn't be a popular choice, but with the amount of changes you have to make to your game to play in those conditions, just not worth it.

how much mph gust difference do you think there is between being on the bottom of the course and on the top of the course? They always make a point of saying there's like a 450 foot difference in elevation between the bottom areas of the course and the top. That's gotta make for 10, 20+ mph differences in gusts. that's another thing they'll have to think about on their shots

No cut, automatic money, I think I'd grind it out myself

I would just withdraw. Thats just dumb. They treated the greens to slow them enough to get the ball to stay on them? How incredibly slow are they going to be to putt on. I'm sure that it wouldn't be a popular choice, but with the amount of changes you have to make to your game to play in those conditions, just not worth it.

I can think of about 80,000 reasons I'd stick with the conditions. At least everyone has the same problems.

I love seeing the guys play in less than perfect conditions, kinda gets boring (to me) playing in 85* and no wind every week

Back