TaylorMade RocketBallz RBZ Stage 2 Driver Preview Thread

I like the looks of it. The shaft is a bit of a disappointment however. I think it's funny about all that optometry, I call bull on all the really helping to the extent their scientific talk brags it up to me. Typical TM

I'll wait to judge the shaft pairing until I get to hit it myself. Soon.

As to the optometry, I would have agreed until I hit the new Adams hybrids, I actually use the graphics on those as an additional alignment aid to good success. Now, does it make as big an impact as they claim? Who knows, I can't wait to find out though.

hope this is an improvement over the RBZ driver i wasn't very thrilled with it especially compared to the superfast. felt like they took a step back last year. looks pretty good not a huge fan of the headcover but everything else looks pretty good.

It seems like the best combination of Taylormade metals would be the R1 or R11 as your driver then utilize the speed pocket of the RBZ Stage 2 metals to fill out the rest of your set as most players struggle to elevate their fairway metals.

FUGLY IMO

I do like how that thing sets up visually, alignment-wise

I like the alignment aid on the crown....seems like I always think I am aim further right than I really am

So, this one just showed up in Oklahoma today for a Frontpage Review!

Snagged some pic's, it was late and without daylight though so I'm not real happy with the pic's more will be take tomorrow, in the light, at the course.

DSC_0638-L.jpg

DSC_0640-L.jpg

DSC_0641-L.jpg

DSC_0645-L.jpg

DSC_0648-L.jpg

DSC_0649-L.jpg

DSC_0639-L.jpg

In hand, the graphics really aren't that bad. Seriously, I'm not just saying that, I mean it. My big "if's" on this one are the sound, the "Rocket Fuel 50" shaft, and just how much was put into this driver what with the hype machine rolling on the R1 and not much being said about the Stage 2. Should get out TOMORROW with it if all goes according to plan!

Looking forward to your thoughts, Jman. I greatly preferred this driver over the R1.

Looking forward to your thoughts, Jman. I greatly preferred this driver over the R1.

I'm glad to hear this, it seems this one is being overlooked a bit. Granted the shaft might have a bit to do with it, but I want to find out.

I do wish TM did a better job selecting shafts for there clubs like, oh, I don't know....ADAMS?

I'm glad to hear this, it seems this one is being overlooked a bit. Granted the shaft might have a bit to do with it, but I want to find out.

I do wish TM did a better job selecting shafts for there clubs like, oh, I don't know....ADAMS?
Yeah, shaft was just "ok". Will be interesting to see how it treats you, though.

Nice pics Jman, I really do like the head cover. Interested to see how this performs for you with that 9.5* head and the RocketFuel shaft which not much info is out on.

With so much focus on the R1, it will be interesting to see what kind of product TM put out with this one.

I may be crazy, but I think that headcover looks great. Excellent pics, Jman.

Posted via tapatalk.

I may be crazy, but I think that headcover looks great. Excellent pics, Jman.

Posted via tapatalk.

Its not bad. To me it looks like a taxi cab went on a date with the Adams a7 hybrid cover and they had too good of a time and this was born.

Ha!

Posted via tapatalk.

Haha, JB!

Yeah I much prefer this one over the R1. I stopped liking Taylormade drivers after the R11 and this one might get me back to giving them a shot. Look forward to your thoughts Jman.

Its not bad. To me it looks like a taxi cab went on a date with the Adams a7 hybrid cover and they had too good of a time and this was born.

See, that's funny....and kinda plausible when you look at it again.

It looks like the next front is going to hold off until tonight and we're going to get up to 57 today, that means I'll be out and about on the course with this one for at least 9 holes after work. No better way to kick a review off than on the first tee IMO.

*please don't sound like the RBZ*

Well, it was kind of glum and overcast outside so I didn't snap any GOOD pics to replace the jankety ones I took earlier, but it shall be done.

Played 9 after work, took 4 balls off the tee of every driver hole (6/9). As for thoughts, I'm working on digesting those, I really don't want to just jump in without thinking over it all. The weather got bad, I got rushed/quick with my swing in all areas of my game because of it as well, not the best situation for an opening day for a club.

I did do a little sound recording off the tee with 4 shots in a row, I'm working on converting it so I can post it up on youtube for the sake of convenience. Should get that up here soon!

Glad you were able to get out and establish some initial thoughts so quickly Jman, looking forward to hearing more!

Glad you were able to get out and establish some initial thoughts so quickly Jman, looking forward to hearing more!

My fancy pant's audio/video is below, I'm proud of the artistic quality...hehe. I will say, the mic didn't quite encapsulate the sound, the third strike is close, but still not nearly as....metallic as it was to my ears. Still though, I want everyone to hear it and get you all's thoughts on it. I'll have to take my Fit out and hit them one after another for comparison next time.

You my need to turn your volume UP! I did what I could in editing the volume but to really hear the sound turn it UP!

Good job capturing the sound. I can hear the metallic description but not too bad from the video.

I know you said its worse in person, but was it as bad to you as the previous TM offerings?

Good job capturing the sound. I can hear the metallic description but not too bad from the video.

I know you said its worse in person, but was it as bad to you as the previous TM offerings?

I've been sitting here trying to digest that very question myself. It isn't as hollow/metallic as I feel the R11/R11S were, but for me it still isn't what I would consider a truly solid/pleasant sound. I'm struggling with the exact descriptors to use right now, and thats saying something for my long winded self.

I've been sitting here trying to digest that very question myself. It isn't as hollow/metallic as I feel the R11/R11S were, but for me it still isn't what I would consider a truly solid/pleasant sound. I'm struggling with the exact descriptors to use right now, and thats saying something for my long winded self.

Take your time, I can wait for the full report! I know you were hoping for some major audio improvement but sounding like that did not happen for your taste.

Back