Cleveland 588 RTX Wedge Preview Thread

Ive been wondering this as well from looking at the mycustomwedge site and their other grinds.

yeah, but those are the 588's..

Is this S sole going to be similar to the V-sole? that question is for anyone with knowledge.

yeah, but those are the 588's..

Is this S sole going to be similar to the V-sole? that question is for anyone with knowledge.

True, but the custom site allows you to get the S sole on your 588s as well...

No, I don't think so. It's a heel/toe grind rather than a V cut. Thain's explanation was a good one. I'll try to dig something more up.

wow jake, well said. This was my thoughts as well. These wedges have me excited.
I'm very interested in seeing how you like them and how they perform to you (assuming this is what you choose to game in the MC). With all of your wedge experience with the different companies wedges you've used I think you're the one guy who's as well versed in your wedge preference as anyone around here. I bet you'll love these.

Here's what was released with the CG15 sell sheet. Should apply here as well.

S Sole Grind A 3-segment sole feature designed to increase versatility on all shots around the green. The wider sole width on the heel section improves forgiveness on open-faced shots by reducing digging which is especially beneficial on bunker shots. The center section has a standard sole width for traditional Cleveland wedge performance on square-faced shots. The toe section of the sole has material removed to reduced turf interaction and drag. This combination optimizes contact and sole function on all conceivable shots around the green.

thanks Hawk

I'm very interested in seeing how you like them and how they perform to you (assuming this is what you choose to game in the MC). With all of your wedge experience with the different companies wedges you've used I think you're the one guy who's as well versed in your wedge preference as anyone around here. I bet you'll love these.
I kind of agree with this. haha

man, when the Scors first came out I was praising them, some other testers were just blah with them. as more people got them in hand they saw the benefits of the wedge. I am very intrigued by these. I think a versatile sole makes a wedge GREAT for an amateur. Allowing an amateur to pick grind is not a great thing IMHO. because most of us are not educated enough on it.

edit: thanks Hawk

I kind of agree with this. haha

man, when the Scors first came out I was praising them, some other testers were just blah with them. as more people got them in hand they saw the benefits of the wedge. I am very intrigued by these. I think a versatile sole makes a wedge GREAT for an amateur. Allowing an amateur to pick grind is not a great thing IMHO. because most of us are not educated enough on it.

I won't lie, I was kind of "eh" on the scor wedges when they came out. Then I got a 54 and really liked it. Somewhat similar technology with the variable bounce on the J40's and I really liked that. Those 2 lines have me really looking in to wedge sole design more then I ever thought I would.

I agree with Jake here, Jarret has seen alot of wedges lately and should be able to compare many types well.

I really like the looks of these wedges a lot. They seem to have softened some of the edges and this "Inspired by Cleveland Golf’s popular CG15 wedge, preferred by Tour players and amateurs alike. Wider sole width near the heel, narrow sole width near the toe improves bunker performance without sacrificing versatility" REALLY makes me like what I'm seeing. I absolutely loved the CG15 wedge, one of my favorites of all time in fact.

Incredible post Jake.

Liked seeing the throw back to the CG15. I loved those wedges much more than the 588.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I add the 54 and 58 in these wedges to my bag to retire my 588 Customs once the golf season arrives up here.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I add the 54 and 58 in these wedges to my bag to retire my 588 Customs once the golf season arrives up here.

I figure the same. When the Customs go, these will be where I look first at least. I've thought about adding the CB in the GW slot.

18 different lofts, that's lots of options and fine tuning of gaps in the short game.

I figure the same. When the Customs go, these will be where I look first at least. I've thought about adding the CB in the GW slot.

that's not a bad idea there

that's not a bad idea there

We'll see. I'd need to make use of it more in full swings, but maybe the larger head and perimeter weighting would encourage me to do it.

These look amazing, I think a combo set with some RTX CBs would be a sweet wedge set!

These wedges along with the SCORs are my must hits for the bottom of my bag. The RTX tech combined with a sleek blade style.

This in a 50 degree loft is screaming my name.

I'm not in the wedge market at the moment but these are certainly interesting. I'd have to hit them though, as I had issues with last years 588s. I could see a combo wedge set being deadly with these and the CBs!

Anyone know if they're going to be available to customize via my custom wedge?? I have some ideas bouncing around my head space for these beauties & some of the new KBS shaft options...

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

These are the wedges I've been waiting to see. Do not disappoint at all! Can't wait to see these in some of the Cleveland Morgan Cup bags come July!

These are the wedges I've been waiting to see. Do not disappoint at all! Can't wait to see these in some of the Cleveland Morgan Cup bags come July!

I think you will see them in bags well before then. Can't wait to read more about these soles being offered.

Back