Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

These are up on the Callaway online store now, and you can see all the shafts available (with upcharges if applicable). The Black Tie is no upcharge, and there are quite a few others that are not as well.

No upcharge for a Fubuki Tour 63 seems like a pretty solid deal, unless I'm missing something.

Just saw Callaway post this to their Facebook page. With the staff they have assembled this year, they are going to need a bunch of these patches. Pretty cool idea though. Like a pride sticker for your helmet.

59955_10152415141270640_1448588210_n.jpg
I think this is great. I'm going to need a few of those patches for the Morgan Cup!

that's a cool logo

I'm really digging the Callaway stuff these days and this driver is really interesting.

I spent a good hour putting together numerous club options on line. There custom shaft offerings are stout.

I spent a good hour putting together numerous club options on line. There custom shaft offerings are stout.

i agree i'm impressed with the options they have for shafts theres def a fit for anyone with all of the offerings. honestly the 2 stock options are both really great and could fit a lot of golfers alone. I know i liked throwing the Black Tie in my SuperTri at the Atlantic City Get together last year.

Just saw Callaway post this to their Facebook page. With the staff they have assembled this year, they are going to need a bunch of these patches. Pretty cool idea though. Like a pride sticker for your helmet.

59955_10152415141270640_1448588210_n.jpg
I wonder if they'll use the same patch for non-x-hot clubs as well?

I wonder if they'll use the same patch for non-x-hot clubs as well?

I don't know, man. I saw a picture of Two Glove's bag last night with the patches he has earned. I kind of wonder if they thought this through. After two events, one whole side of his bag is pretty well filled up (8 patches thus far). Maybe they should have bumped the yardages out to 350 or something. LOL. Hell, Coelsarts will have his filled up after the first 9 holes.

Two Gloves Bag. http://instagram.com/p/Ue5Ampl7Ic/

I don't know, man. I saw a picture of Two Glove's bag last night with the patches he has earned. I kind of wonder if they thought this through. After two events, one whole side of his bag is pretty well filled up (8 patches thus far). Maybe they should have bumped the yardages out to 350 or something. LOL. Hell, Coelsarts will have his filled up after the first 9 holes.

I believe all that does is draw attention to the bag. Not a bad thing for the brand.

I believe all that does is draw attention to the bag. Not a bad thing for the brand.

It's an awesome, new idea for sure. I always liked the pride stickers on the football helmets, which is basically what this is.

Two Gloves Bag. http://instagram.com/p/Ue5Ampl7Ic/

If he hits driver on the par threes and makes par, it would be amazing :)

If he hits driver on the par threes and makes par, it would be amazing :)

Curious as to which way you are leaning for your MC gear in the driver slot Freddie.

It's an awesome, new idea for sure. I always liked the pride stickers on the football helmets, which is basically what this is.

I want to agree with you. I really do. However, I think it looks silly. These are PGA Tour Professionals, not college kids.

I think it's a brilliant sales idea to promote Callaway. You think people won't notice or ask what that's about and announcers won't talk about that during play. Now you're telling me these guys hit a 325 yard drive that many times?!!!!!! Sure ill try that driver next time I'm at the store. And from what everyone is saying about this years line I bet they go home with it as well! Absolutely brilliant and different idea IMO. That's gonna sell some
Clubs.

I want to agree with you. I really do. However, I think it looks silly. These are PGA Tour Professionals, not college kids.
You know whats changed most about the new Callaway? That their people are now in close contact with us average joes. They listen and respond to our questions. They don't see themselves as a big coorporation. I love that. And this is part of having some fun. Not a marketing stunt.

You know whats changed most about the new Callaway? That their people are now in close contact with us average joes. They listen and respond to our questions. They don't see themselves as a big coorporation. I love that. And this is part of having some fun. Not a marketing stunt.

I don't see it as a marketing 'stunt'. I just think it's silly for a PGA Tour Professional player to want to decorate his bag with little badges like that. It's a personal preference thing.

Let's see if Phil puts any on his bag....

As far as the changes in Callaway that you refer to, I also think that's fantastic. I'm a Callaway fan myself and play a lot of their equipment and have a lot of their apparel.

I don't see it as a marketing 'stunt'. I just think it's silly for a PGA Tour Professional player to want to decorate his bag with little badges like that. It's a personal preference thing.

Its definitely a marketing thing. ANYTHING to stand out on TV and to the crowd. This will undoubtably stand out whether it looks silly or not. An example. John Daly's pants look silly. Yet they stand out. It worked and people saw them and inquired.

Its definitely a marketing thing. ANYTHING to stand out on TV and to the crowd. This will undoubtably stand out whether it looks silly or not. An example. John Daly's pants look silly. Yet they stand out. It worked and people saw them and inquired.

Marketing "thing"? Yes. "Stunt"? no.

Tomorrow is the release date! I'm really tempted to head over to the PGA store and hit it but I may sneak out for 9 holes holes instead. Who's gonna go try it tomorrow?

Tomorrow is the release date! I'm really tempted to head over to the PGA store and hit it but I may sneak out for 9 holes holes instead. Who's gonna go try it tomorrow?

I'm hoping I can get out and take a few swings with it.

Hoping to have mine tomorrow. Been a long time waiting for mine but I guess better late than never.

I will for sure

i wanna get out there this weekend launch weekend is next weekend for my local golf galaxy i will def be there at opening that saturday.

Today's the day boys! Weather is too good so picking the course over sneaking out but will be hitting 'em sometime this weekend for sure! Let's hear from you guys that do get to hit it today or this weekend!

Back