Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

haha...you havent seen me play then. actually you have. your just a good liar.

perhaps you are right. Maybe we should get a round in next time we are around each other

Got it. It's amazing how beneficial hybrids are for some and how brutal they are for others... I'm heading into this one the other way, as my misses (left) are generally far greater with a hybrid. Good thing we've got mashie + classic hybrids!! Top tier buddy!
I couldnt agree more. I will still have a 5 iron though. I like having a 5 iron for some reason.

perhaps you are right. Maybe we should get a round in next time we are around each other
If not, we will break the annual round streak. We almost broke it this year. I guess thats one good thing that came out of Ohio

This is the reason I really think I will be going with a mixed bag. I dont doubt that I can hit the 5 and 6 in the TT but why not get something with a little more forgiveness.
You and I are thinking alike, here. 5 & 6 MT irons, 7-PW TT. Sounds like it could give me a bit of confidence in my longer irons.

Wish these were already released as I'm going in for a fitting on Tuesday and would love to try them out.

You and I are thinking alike, here. 5 & 6 MT irons, 7-PW TT. Sounds like it could give me a bit of confidence in my longer irons.
I think I may go 7-GW in TT. maybe. Thats where I am struggling most. haha

I think I may go 7-GW in TT. maybe. Thats where I am struggling most. haha
The GW is intriguing to me. I usually prefer my GW to be part of my wedge set, but with these lofts, it's really making me think.

The GW is intriguing to me. I usually prefer my GW to be part of my wedge set, but with these lofts, it's really making me think.

You know where I stand on this. I can't wait to have that 49* GW, getting really tired of choking down on a PW trying to gauge that 100-110 distance.

I remember when a PW was 48*

You know where I stand on this. I can't wait to have that 49* GW, getting really tired of choking down on a PW trying to gauge that 100-110 distance.
I use my 50* for full shots for 110ish. I just dont know if I want to go 49*, 55*, 60*
The good ole days.

Sounds like a great combo set there!

I can remember when a PW was 52* and thus no need for a "gap" wedge. Heck the 6-iron in my set is 27*, when I started playing that was a 4-iron.
a rose by any other name...........you get the gist.

Mine still is, these look great and kind of resemble a step child of the VRs forged, Ping Anser, and Adams CMB...lol.

Going to be yet another great opportunity this year!

LtEvO TaPpEd

You can now preorder these irons along wit the MT and the altitude. If you are going to go with the TT irons in 6-PW, you choose that. Then you individually add the clubs from the other lines you want. Like 4 and 5 in MT for example. You choose the shaft fot each club.

I did notice that you can only go 6-PW on the TT. I was hoping they would give more options like 7-pw. Maybe it is something they will add. I am sure custom ordering will be easier in stores.

You can just select each club individually by checking the one's you want below the pre-determined sets too. I assume you haev to place two different orders?

Price is good for a 5-PW set with KBS Tours!

Last edited:
You can just select each club individually by checking the one's you want below the pre-determined sets too. I assume you haev to place two different orders?

Price isn't good for a 5-PW set with KBS Tours!
No, you just add the clubs you want to your cart. then checkout.

Duh. Should have thought of that one lol.

Edited that previous post to say the price is good with KBS Tours.

I wonder how the tour prototype TCs would stack up against these TTs. David Toms is playing them and it sound like there's less offset in the TCs.
Toms.jpeg

definetly look good. Always liked cleveland clubs and these sound like they can work for pretty much any golfer

The more I look at these, the more I like them.

The more I look at these, the more I like them.

Agreed, these really remind me of a cross between the CG16's and the 588's.

I LOVED the CG16's, a shame I never gamed them beyond the pay it forward iron

Agreed, these really remind me of a cross between the CG16's and the 588's.

I LOVED the CG16's, a shame I never gamed them beyond the pay it forward iron

I agree, right in that "mid" style club. A lot fo good offerings in that segments, but Cleveland offers a better price than most of the competition.

Found out my local trackman equipped fitting center has the 2013 Cleveland fitting cart on order and should be delivered for the mid Feb launch. Like we saw in the PGA Show coverage, the fitter sounded really excited about all the different options.

Found out my local trackman equipped fitting center has the 2013 Cleveland fitting cart on order and should be delivered for the mid Feb launch. Like we saw in the PGA Show coverage, the fitter sounded really excited about all the different options.

I like the sounds of that

Back