Rory and Tiger going to convince anyone to use Nike clubs?

Staffystella

Reaction score
Handicap
14 congu
Maybe it's just me but whilst I have played Nike balls worn Nike shoes and clothes the thought of putting the clubs in my bag has never crossed my mind there is no draw to them and when I do look they don't feel right somehow, the method putters are a personal choice but not for me nor Rory by the looks of things

I took a look at my mates Nike irons and the faces are soo badly milled. They are not straight just look way off.

I did play a 13 degree SQ 3 wood for a long time very lob off the tee and very easy to hit but my Bridgestone is much easier to shape the ball with only a small loss in distance

I see people who play nike clubs are generally beginners to the game. Rory and Tiger could help more people to come to the game with the way Nike will support them. After all Nike isn't just a golfing brand so we will see Rory in some non golfing advertisements.

That's what I was meant to say as well the quality is just not there, shame Rory changed think he will miss titelist and especially the proV 1 s

Honestly I hear a lot of bad things about Nike clubs. Their wedges felt better to me than any others I hit and I hit their driver longer and better than anything else but their irons felt horrible to me (the blades). I was very upset at the commentators blaming Nike and the clubs for Rory playing badly.

Think about it this way...do you think Nike would give their players bad equipment? The better tiger and Rory play the more they sell. Clubs don't matter when they are made and fit perfectly for players like on tour.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I guess Nike needs to give Rory and Tiger the same clubs Russell Henley has been using the last two weeks. Tongue in check of course. Seriously golf is an up and down game, Tiger and Rory will be hitting some amazing shots with those same Nike clubs soon that produced some stinkers this week

I really want to go 100% Nike club wise, and Tiger and Rory are partially responsible for it. I'm pumped for this season and the new commercial makes me laugh and feel good about Nike (first time marketing got to me) I recently put the wedges in the bag and love them, I got the VRs 3 wood last year and love it, I have a couple Nike putters. I think Tiger has played a bigger influence in my decision than Rory but for some reason this year I got the bit by the marketing bug.

I took a look at my mates Nike irons and the faces are soo badly milled. They are not straight just look way off.

I did play a 13 degree SQ 3 wood for a long time very lob off the tee and very easy to hit but my Bridgestone is much easier to shape the ball with only a small loss in distance

I see people who play nike clubs are generally beginners to the game. Rory and Tiger could help more people to come to the game with the way Nike will support them. After all Nike isn't just a golfing brand so we will see Rory in some non golfing advertisements.
Really? I've had a couple of sets and woods, wedges and have always found the quality consistent and high.

I used to be very biased against Nike products because of some negative publicity they received about the manufacturing of their shoes. I have since come to realize that Nike is no different than any other company and they have changed some of their objectional practices. As far as their golf products go, they have some I like and some I don't just as every manufacturer out there. They certainly don't make inferior equipment. I wonder is Bb's friend with the irons that have the badly milled faces actually owns a set of courterfit Nike's?

I struggle with poor quality claims about major manufacturers these days. It 2013 and the manufacturing (casting and forging) process has been perfected. I agree that some equipment feels better than others to me and I do like the aesthetics of certain manufacturers over others, but once you reach a certain level of equipment, I have to believe the quality and performance of todays clubs is merely identical.

Maybe it's just me but whilst I have played Nike balls worn Nike shoes and clothes the thought of putting the clubs in my bag has never crossed my mind there is no draw to them and when I do look they don't feel right somehow, the method putters are a personal choice but not for me nor Rory by the looks of things

The Nike Pro Combos that I played were better than any Mizuno iron I have ever played. I loved the VR wedges I played as well. In fact I am thinking of going back to the VR's this year. All of the Methods I have rolled have been pretty nice but the head shapes have not been what I want. Nike's quality is as good as anyones. I truly cannot understand why people think their equipment does not match up with everyone else. Different strokes for different folks I guess

I think the. Answer is yes they will convince many golfers to go swoosh. But i think those people are less of the prosumer (JB word) and more of the guy/gal that just want what the pro's have.

I played my brothers Nike VRS irons for 3 or 4 weeks before I got my RocketBladez for Christmas and found them to be a very reasonable club. Easy to hit, nice feeling to them and not exactly short either.

I don't currently bag any, but they are really good clubs imo. I might have a Covert in my bag soon, depending how testing goes. VR Pro Combos are still some of the best performing and best feeling irons I've ever hit. I loved the Nike Method putter from the time I first stroked it. Nike VR wedges have been solid, and they have had some nice driver and 3 wood offerings.

I never see the hang up of some on Nike equipment. By the looks of things, tons of college players are using it nowadays too...and they are top level players that ultimately have a choice on what to play.

Last edited:
I can't believe Rory never missed a cut with his Titleist clubs....

Oh wait.

Nike makes sick irons and wedges and putters, Im not a huge fan of the woods but I dont hit any wood particularly well.

Pluuueease...really? Cause Nike has guns to Rory and Tiger's heads forcing them to play their sub-par product. Rory must not have th talent and Tiger never did anything great with Nike. You know, Nike is mostly for beginners anyways, lol... Seriously? I got to listen to the brit live feed from day 2 and couldn't believe my ears...blaming the equipment?

Had to know this was coming I guess. It is so early in the season for these guys, they will come around.

In the long run I believe they will help Nike sell more gear because they are the 2 most recognized guys in the sport. Can't hurt.

This isn't the early 2000's anymore and if you think Nike's quality is anything less than the competitors, then you're missing out.

I wouldn't be swayed to buy anything because of Tour presence. I'm sure if Rory and Tiger pick it up, some people may though.

The current ad might convince me! Thought it was funny. I imagine that their newer clubs are right up there with the rest of the OEMs...I am certainly going to include the covert in my testing for a new driver this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So if Rory comes out and wins next time. Will you go buy all Nike equipment.

I have some VRs Pro Cavity irons as well as my i20s and J40s, I think they're great clubs.

Isn't there a saying about carpenters who blame their tools.

There is nothing wrong with Nike's releases.

Nike makes top product.

Even though I'm not gaming them at the moment, I REALLY like the VRs Forged irons from last year! Wow, saying from last year makes them seem old. Still on the search for some shafts to put back in them. They just feel great all around!

I am in the camp that has looked down my nose at Nike's gear. To a very small degree Rory and Tiger got me to open my mind to the possibility. But more than that I happened to pull a club from a demo bin, hit it and came away impressed. I have a few things in my bag I never thought I'd play so I've learned to never say never, that many companies produce really good gear. I'd play Nike equipment if I really thought it was right for me.

Back