NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with that. Would rather take a chance on what we have now then give up a lot for a might.

I've also voiced my opinion about Bobby Lou going to Toronto. I don't want it to happen. I'm one of the few Leaf fans that wants to see the team rebuild instead of giving up prospects and wasting it on a guy who is pasts his prime.

Do you think there is an internal option in net for the Leafs?

Do you think there is an internal option in net for the Leafs?

Depends if Scrivens can bring his game from the AHL to NHL. Him an Bernier had similar NHL numbers last year and when looking at their last years in the AHL, they both had similar numbers. I'm not saying Scrivens will be as good as Bernier, but if he can be a middle of the league goalie, I can deal with that.

I noticed you left Brodeur off the list. Forgive me if I am mistaken but he completely outplayed Bryz in a 4-1 series win last playoffs.

Age alone. Brodeur is amazing, but his clock is ticking.

Age alone. Brodeur is amazing, but his clock is ticking.

I agree but I would still take him over Bryz any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I agree but I would still take him over Bryz any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'd take Tim Thomas sitting in his Colorado bunker hoarding guns and refusing to play over Bryz

It's even funnier that it was written before he played a single game with the Flyers. People tend to play better when there is no pressure playing in a market like Phoenix.

I'll always have a place in my heart for Bryz after he got us through Minnesota in the '07 Playoffs when JS Giguere was tending to his son. Bryz can handle pressure and is a quality keeper. He's a big guy and not very active so he appears lazy. He may not be worth his contract but can you fault him for signing what the Flyers offered? That's on them.

I'll always have a place in my heart for Bryz after he got us through Minnesota in the '07 Playoffs when JS Giguere was tending to his son. Bryz can handle pressure and is a quality keeper. He's a big guy and not very active so he appears lazy. He may not be worth his contract but can you fault him for signing what the Flyers offered? That's on them.

I can fault him for being absolutely terrible in both postseason series last season.

Here is the general plan for tonight for the Devils:

5978_340.jpg

Devils have only played 1 game. Give it time..haha
Yeah I know, it's almost like I'm watching some preseason and waiting for the real stuff to start!!!

I watch NHL Network and have never heard them talk about Bryzgalov in the way you speak of him. I love how you trash everyone's opinion and then wonder why you get no respect around here and cry woe is me.

Well my man your not paying much attention as again yesterday he was being talked about as the flyers need to get their pieces in order and not leave Bryz to carry the team! How he is so athletic and the pressure of playing in philly is tough for anyone as they have the biggest press in the hockey world and expectations and media exposure and he has the capabilites to be considered on of the best goaltenders in the NHL! I do not say other peoples opinions are wrong....their facts are! I put some stuff up written by pro hockey anylysts and people still had stuff to say! It is hilarious half the goalies you guys would take over bryz that let 4 goals a game in! Also I find it funny not one person had anything to say about how he led the NHL last february and into march for 5 weeks as the best goaltender in the NHL with the most shutouts and wins and if nobody has a word to trash talk about that...not a word! All you guys crack me up as I do not care what you guys make up and say such rude comments and basically put bryz in the back of the bus behind back up goailies! Thats pathetic! I have not went to any extent to put down any goalie like that in any post on here! So all you guys need to check yourselves and rethink how bad your blasting a goaltender and putting all these people ahead of him! I atleast speak on bryz and some other goalies being more consistent and jut as good if not better and put up true facts about where is stands from last year in peoples minds and dont give a list for 30 goalies that are better then him !

Yeah I know, it's almost like I'm watching some preseason and waiting for the real stuff to start!!!

Hockey games are sloppy. I haven't enjoyed watching a game yet. Hoping they knock all the rust off soon cause all the games I've caught everyone looks rusty.

Well my man your not paying much attention as again yesterday he was being talked about as the flyers need to get their pieces in order and not leave Bryz to carry the team! How he is so athletic and the pressure of playing in philly is tough for anyone as they have the biggest press in the hockey world and expectations and media exposure and he has the capabilites to be considered on of the best goaltenders in the NHL! I do not say other peoples opinions are wrong....their facts are! I put some stuff up written by pro hockey anylysts and people still had stuff to say! It is hilarious half the goalies you guys would take over bryz that let 4 goals a game in! Also I find it funny not one person had anything to say about how he led the NHL last february and into march for 5 weeks as the best goaltender in the NHL with the most shutouts and wins and if nobody has a word to trash talk about that...not a word! All you guys crack me up as I do not care what you guys make up and say such rude comments and basically put bryz in the back of the bus behind back up goailies! Thats pathetic! I have not went to any extent to put down any goalie like that in any post on here! So all you guys need to check yourselves and rethink how bad your blasting a goaltender and putting all these people ahead of him! I atleast speak on bryz and some other goalies being more consistent and jut as good if not better and put up true facts about where is stands from last year in peoples minds and dont give a list for 30 goalies that are better then him !

Seriously man. Paragraphs are your friend. Its so hard to read you're posts.

I've got some solid facts.. Bryz last year was ranked:

32nd in save percentage last year.
21st in goals against average.
18th in shots against (tells a decent tail of defensive coverage)

Oh, and 54th in shootout save percentage.

What other stats were you hoping for? Also, I'm glad we crack you up.

We are still talking about this turd? It's been an entire day

Goalies I'd take over Bryzgalov in a heartbeat:

- Lundqvist
- Rinne
- Miller
- Halak
- Quick
- Price
- Niemi
- Luongo
- Fleury
- Schneider
- Elliott
- Harding
- Backstrom
- Rask
- Kipper
- Hiller
- Ward

Goalies I'd take a second look at before taking Bryz

- Bobrovsky
- Holtby
- Pavelec
- Smith
- Lindback
- Anderson
- Varlamov

Lundqvist has had a rough start to the season, 7 GA I believe in 2 games? Very small sample size, but he's been abused so far.

Lundqvist has had a rough start to the season, 7 GA I believe in 2 games? Very small sample size, but he's been abused so far.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. .920 lifetime and he's an absolute beast.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. .920 lifetime and he's an absolute beast.

Oh definitely, just saying he's looked a bit rusty. He'll round into form.

i like the Flyers! And their Goalies. my Percentage of being correct is 77% put that stat in your pipe and smoke it CANADAN!!!!

i like the Flyers! And their Goalies. my Percentage of being correct is 77% put that stat in your pipe and smoke it CANADAN!!!!

I put 10 bucks on the Flyers to win the cup while in Vegas as they were going at 20/1. I have been regretting that.

I put 10 bucks on the Flyers to win the cup while in Vegas as they were going at 20/1. I have been regretting that.

2 games but they look bad as a whole..... last shortened season they started like 3-8-1 (not correct i don't remember the exact stat) and made the playoffs and as everyone knows anything can happen in the post season.

I would really like to talk about my Blues traveling to Chicago tonight to take on the Hawks, but I feel obliged to talk about Bryz, since he is awesome beyond words. Brian Elliott, who is still better than Ilya Bryzgalov, gets the start in net for the Blues. Let's see if Tarasenko can keep on the roll he has been on thru 2 games. Nothing better than beating the Blackhawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back