Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

Hit the X-treme, X-hot, and Covert Tour (all they had) today very briefly. Still trying to organize my thoughts, but I won't be buying a Covert Tour.

I hit my Razr Fit, the Extreme, X Hot, Amp Cell, and RBZ 2nd Gen today at Dick's. I put all of them to their lowest loft (8 or 8.5), hit all with stock stiff shafts (Extreme had Trinity, mine had Rip'd NV). Overall best spin, launch and distance went TO: (gulp) RBZ 2nd Gen! I actually told the guy to leave it in back at the start. When my launch on all the others was 13.5-16 and launch was mid 2000's to 3000, distance at 287 highest (106-108 SS) he asked me to try it. First three launch was 11.7, 12.1, 12.5 with spin 1890, 1930, 1901, distance went to 297, 305, 307. No changes were made on the monitor... I didn't want the white driver! Ugh. I need more shaft options. I need a REAL fitting. But TWENTY yards? Anyway, I may be selling my Fit and all FOUR shafts...

Nice all these good reviews really has me wondering which driver will end up in my bag this year. I still think the Xtreme has the lead by a little

I'm in the same boat right now dude. Lots to try out, but something inside me really hopes this thing wins out. Black Tie should be a good match for my swing and I love that it's a stock option.

I'm still out there dating.....I have a new date with someone I hear is super #XHOT this Friday. :D
Sounds like two great ladies, I mean options!!!

Actually got a chance to hit this yesterday when I was testing out my B. Asha. The guy at EW tried telling me the Black Tie was a high launch shaft lol. I asked to hit the Trinity because of the higher launch it was supposed to give, all they had in a stiff/X stiff was the black tie. I can say this, the thing is stout lol. Felt like I was swinging a 25lb bench bar lol. But as far as the head goes, it's beautiful. I didn't think I would like the looks of the smaller head but I did. It just looks so compact and mean. Last night I was dreaming of a B. Asha/Xtreme combo that JB is rockin'. Man I want this bat!

I'm not sure about how much I like my R11s 3-wood, might pick up the 3-wood version of this if the R11s doesn't work out

I bought the Razor fit at golf town and they included the 3 wood in early Jan.I had 30 days to exchange it so only hit it at golf town with the tape on it to protect it.Hit it strait with it in s position,found it squared up my face when I set up my drive at address.
Waited for the extreme to come out before making a final dicission on whether to keep the Razor fit combo or exchange them.Also really like the tour addition of the razor fit.For some reason the shaft of the tour addition ,the project x black shaft had a super feel to it for me.The price was the same as the new Extreme.
Hit the new Extreme 9.5 with the aldila trinty shaft and the head felt very nice.According to the more accurate machine I was averging between 265 and 275 yards with a swing speed of around 103 -105 and no sign of my slice.
The only razor fit pro they had sold on Monday, so when I returned Tuesday to exchange my razor fit driver and 3 wood the dicission had been made for me.
I ordered the matrix 7m3 black tie shaft since they had none at golf town and I was not able to try it.This way when my clubs arrive I can try out the shaft and if I dont like it I can change it back for the aldila trinity.
I hit the x hot driver as well but did not get the same distance.I felt the shaft was a bit wippy for me.Personelly didnt freak on it.they did not have the pro model to try.
I am hoping the Black tie shaft is close to the feel of the Project x black shat on the tour razor fit .If Not I am still very happy with the Aldila shaft.
Should know in about week when it arrives.
Golf town gives you 75 for your old driver and 50 for your 3 wood which helped cushion the blow.

I walked into Golftown and went to hit the Razr Fit Xtreme and the first thing the guy says is "You want to hit that garbage?". I thought he was joking around so I just kind of laughed. Then he proceeded to tell me how it's a repackaged FT-i with a bigger price tag. Kind of threw me off, but I hit some good shots with it.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't think he knows what he's talking about and didn't buy it for a second.

I walked into Golftown and went to hit the Razr Fit Xtreme and the first thing the guy says is "You want to hit that garbage?". I thought he was joking around so I just kind of laughed. Then he proceeded to tell me how it's a repackaged FT-i with a bigger price tag. Kind of threw me off, but I hit some good shots with it.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't think he knows what he's talking about and didn't buy it for a second.

The FT-i was a square driver. If he said iMix, he would have at least had the head shape right.

Golf Town is terrible. I was looking at wedges one day, guy asked me what I was looking for, told him. He then tells me how the only thing to play are Vokeys because that's what he plays. When I told him I've tried them and don't like them, no joke, he just walked away. I've never seen so much brand bias from people who sell so many brands.

Golf Town is terrible. I was looking at wedges one day, guy asked me what I was looking for, told him. He then tells me how the only thing to play are Vokeys because that's what he plays. When I told him I've tried them and don't like them, no joke, he just walked away. I've never seen so much brand bias from people who sell so many brands.

Yeah it's really hit and miss it seems. There are some great guys there who love to help out and just pass on information and just generally help out the customer, and there are some guys who can't wait to tell you that Titleist is the only club worth buying and then go hide in the back.

That guy sounds like a genius.

The RFE is a nice club and for anyone looking for a deal on a new one feel free to message me as I am trying to help some fellow thp'ers out with some good deals through who I go through for my equipment now and he wants me to spread the word he will take on the extra sales and I can tell you he is cheap and give you a site for his credentials and have already helped some other on here get in contact with him! I am talking saving 75 bucks on these or a 913 and other equipment he gets which is just about anything you want! Pm me for his email and the link for the country club he works for that will show him and his credentials so you know who your dealing with! A + guy and I am being very serious as I spoke with another thper posting in this thread and am getting him one to match up with his B ashsa if the lighter weight black tie doesnt work out for him!

^^^ Thanks, dude! I might take you up on that once I finish my driver testing. 'Preciate the offer!

Sounds like a knowledgeable guy and a hell of a salesman...

So I went to hit the Razr Fit Xtreme again and this time had the intention of comparing it to my current driver, the Razr Fit. I took 5 swings with each, first my Razr Fit and then the Xtreme second. Both drivers were 9.5* heads with the Optifit hosel set to 'C", which doesn't mean they were playing exactly the same as the Xtreme sits open in the 'S' position. Both heads had the heavier weight in the heel and I was using my Graphite Design AD EV 6s in both heads.
Keep in mind that I am comfortable with my Razr Fit, and the Xtreme is a different head in many regards. Also the Xtreme head was taped up for this comparo, while the Razr Fit head was not which I imagine is quite the advantage.

Also, all numbers were obtained on a Golftown simulator so take them for what they are, not exactly a Trackman.

Razr Fit:
RazrFitnumbers_zpsdb01a5d8.jpg

Razr Fit Xtreme:
RazrFitXtremenumbers_zpsf8aa2e33.jpg

So I went to hit the Razr Fit Xtreme again and this time had the intention of comparing it to my current driver, the Razr Fit. I took 5 swings with each, first my Razr Fit and then the Xtreme second. Both drivers were 9.5* heads with the Optifit hosel set to 'C", which doesn't mean they were playing exactly the same as the Xtreme sits open in the 'S' position. Both heads had the heavier weight in the heel and I was using my Graphite Design AD EV 6s in both heads.
Keep in mind that I am comfortable with my Razr Fit, and the Xtreme is a different head in many regards. Also the Xtreme head was taped up for this comparo, while the Razr Fit head was not which I imagine is quite the advantage.

Also, all numbers were obtained on a Golftown simulator so take them for what they are, not exactly a Trackman.

Razr Fit:
RazrFitnumbers_zpsdb01a5d8.jpg

Razr Fit Xtreme:
RazrFitXtremenumbers_zpsf8aa2e33.jpg
Ouch! That spin hurts to read... Yikes.

Looking at your SS and your spin, I would think you would benefit fom an X flex shaft. Regardless, Im surprised the RFE spun more than the Razr fit...

I will make a mental note to try an X-flex shaft next time I have an opportunity. I am wondering if the 460 head would make a difference, but I am unsure if higher loft is the answer.

Kind of surprising to see so many guys on tour playing the X Hot over the RFE. The local Dicks here had plenty of RFEs sitting around, but no X Hots yet. Once they come in, I want to hit them side by side and see the results myself.

The Ad-EV is kind of a mid spin shaft. I bet a low spin shaft with a mid/high launch in an X would reduce the spin and not affect the launch angle too much, imo...

Don't the characteristics that make a shaft high launch also make it spin more? Or is that just one of my pre-conceived notions that I have to get my head around?

EDIT: I see that I am wrong. It is not a black and white issue.

Kind of surprising to see so many guys on tour playing the X Hot over the RFE. The local Dicks here had plenty of RFEs sitting around, but no X Hots yet. Once they come in, I want to hit them side by side and see the results myself.

Agreed. Pretty crazy.

I know it's early in the sales/marketing cycle, but this is interesting to me too as a complete 180 from last year with the Razr Fit (which was the only one the pros would touch) and the Razr Black which lot little love and little marketing (although it wasn't a bad driver in it's own right).

Today is the release day for the #XHOTs!! Will be going to hit them this afternoon.

I have managed to get my grubby little paws on a Razr Fit Xtreme and testing will begin IMMEDIATELY!!! (at noon)

You a little excited about that, Jake!?

I have managed to get my grubby little paws on a Razr Fit Xtreme and testing will begin IMMEDIATELY!!! (at noon)

Nice! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Back