2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed for some good news today and I know that will get me all the way out of this funk. I am kinda like waiting for the other shoe to drop if that makes sense. Still eating well though.

Small steps bro. Stay as positive as you can!

Week 2 of Boot Camp is in the books. Today was brutal, no way around it. Tons of Plyo intervals with Pushups thrown in for fun. Was seeing grey spots from working my tail off! Going to hit some Insanity up with a vengeance this weekend during my "off days" so when Monday comes I'm ready to get back to the grind.

Way to go War, keep it up!

Decided to skip another off day adn busted out some pure cardio this morning. Marks the beginning of week 4 for Insanity for me, still plugging away

Played a double header in soccer last night with only one sub. Needless to say my legs are dead this morning and I am nicely bruised. I still have the imprint of the soccer ball on my chest after taking a shot at point blank range. But all worth it scoring my first goal of the season in our second game!!

Week 2 of Boot Camp is in the books. Today was brutal, no way around it. Tons of Plyo intervals with Pushups thrown in for fun. Was seeing grey spots from working my tail off! Going to hit some Insanity up with a vengeance this weekend during my "off days" so when Monday comes I'm ready to get back to the grind.

Way to go bud!! Make sure you stay hydrated!

Played a double header in soccer last night with only one sub. Needless to say my legs are dead this morning and I am nicely bruised. I still have the imprint of the soccer ball on my chest after taking a shot at point blank range. But all worth it scoring my first goal of the season in our second game!!

Congrats on the goal!! I'm hoping you did a sweet celebration dance like the airplane or the dirty bird! Haha

Way to go War, keep it up!

Decided to skip another off day adn busted out some pure cardio this morning. Marks the beginning of week 4 for Insanity for me, still plugging away

Good job bro !! Awesome to hear!

Congrats on the goal!! I'm hoping you did a sweet celebration dance like the airplane or the dirty bird! Haha
Don't really have time for that in indoor soccer as soon as the ball is back on the line the whistle blows for play to start again.

4 days working out in a row. Feeling much better. Thanks for the encouragement guys. It really helped. Got some good news about my grandmother also which helped.

4 days working out in a row. Feeling much better. Thanks for the encouragement guys. It really helped. Got some good news about my grandmother also which helped.

glad things are on the up and up buddy!

I am training for a Tough Mudder at the beginning of June. Focusing on upper body stuff for the next month or so and then will bring some heavier cardio into the mix as the weather starts warming up

So. I did a few Turkish getups with a dumbbell last night before my elliptical cardio. Yeah, super effective lift. Very sore in places I am not used to.

So. I did a few Turkish getups with a dumbbell last night before my elliptical cardio. Yeah, super effective lift. Very sore in places I am not used to.

Explain that one...

Those are crazy difficult. Very good exercise.

Don't really have time for that in indoor soccer as soon as the ball is back on the line the whistle blows for play to start again.

Understood. I must say though that that is one of my favorite things about soccer haha

Just referred to them as "bell-ups"

I once worked with a trainer, who after doing 45 minutes of PurMotion station excercises, said "Ok time for Turkish Getups." I flicked him off right and called him a bad word. Right there. It was brutal.

5 each side. That's all I need. I did three a side last night. And I feel like my muscle of decided to call in sick today.

dude 5 is excellent for those. I find reps with kettlebells are always alot lower than I think they are going to be with pretty much every exercise.

dude 5 is excellent for those. I find reps with kettlebells are always alot lower than I think they are going to be with pretty much every exercise.

Absolutely Wicked. Using a Kettlebell requires the use of more stabilizer muscles to keep it balanced, and the forearms get tired ( but strong really quickly - It's at tremendous grip training exercise! ) because of the extra thickness of the handle. Plus many Kettlebell exercises are detail oriented, and that wears on you mentally as well. Once form breaks down, you need to stop.

Absolutely Wicked. Using a Kettlebell requires the use of more stabilizer muscles to keep it balanced, and the forearms get tired ( but strong really quickly - It's at tremendous grip training exercise! ) because of the extra thickness of the handle. Plus many Kettlebell exercises are detail oriented, and that wears on you mentally as well. Once form breaks down, you need to stop.

There are times where I will wrap a small towel or rag around around a bar just to make it harder yet. I have used lighted wrapped wrist straps with kettlebells. It gets brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back