Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
50* RTX Cb, trying to decide if I want a GW in cb form or blade style.

I am absolutely very fond of my new RTX wedges! Enough so that I will be trading in my ATV set of 3. Will have a Scor 52* for a gap option to compare next week and finally get a chance to hit them (outside of IOWA). Not sure if those are considered blade style or not.

You should play 14 drivers. Hell to the yeah. Lolol. What iron set are you going with, or are you even set on one?

Ha ha. If they only made 48* drivers.

I'm leaning towards the 588 CBs right now, but a good fitting and demoing will help me decide. They are damn good looking clubs so I think it just comes down to forgiveness and shaft selection.

Ha ha. If they only made 48* drivers.

I'm leaning towards the 588 CBs right now, but a good fitting and demoing will help me decide. They are damn good looking clubs so I think it just comes down to forgiveness and shaft selection.
Those are good sticks. IMO, it depends on how much i use the PW for each type of shot. If i were in your shoes, i would go off of.....:

do i use the PW for full swings more than short shots? If so, go with the set wedge. If i use it for short game more than long game, dont use the iron-set PW.

Just my two cents.

I am absolutely very fond of my new RTX wedges! Enough so that I will be trading in my ATV set of 3. Will have a Scor 52* for a gap option to compare next week and finally get a chance to hit them (outside of IOWA). Not sure if those are considered blade style or not.

The Scors are def considered blade style. How have you found the soles on the rtx cb compared to the Scors?

1.RTX CB 60*
2. black KBS tours

Those are good sticks. IMO, it depends on how much i use the PW for each type of shot. If i were in your shoes, i would go off of.....:

do i use the PW for full swings more than short shots? If so, go with the set wedge. If i use it for short game more than long game, dont use the iron-set PW.

Just my two cents.

That is how I think about it as well buddy. I rely on my PW for full shots a lot more than short game so I think I'll most likely go with the set PW.

Pondering? Tons now. Hahahaha

I starting losing a little bit of faith in the Mizuno shaft optimizer as of late to be honest. I was hitting an s56 (lower launching iron head) with PX 6.0 (non-flighted) a little over 2* higher than my max suggested launch angle for my ball speed with 6 iron. Then I hit the Mizzy optimizer to do some shaft pondering. It suggests to me to play the DG XP x100 soft stepped. (softer tip for a guy who is already launching the ball too high in his irons?!?!) Honestly, I haven't seen anybody not get fitted into DG or DG XP's as a first choice at one flex or another. I'm sure somebody else here has, but not I. I might've been able to agree with Mizzy had it said DG x100 soft stepped but not the XP model. No way for me.

I do hope things work out for you though bud.

I will be very quick to sell if I don't like. I just figured I would give it a try since it's always the first shaft suggested. I have so many irons that I want that I could sell these quickly and look at another set lol

Oh wait...the Recoil shafts too. That is it....

I am all about these. I want to hear a ton more about them

I starting losing a little bit of faith in the Mizuno shaft optimizer as of late to be honest. I was hitting an s56 (lower launching iron head) with PX 6.0 (non-flighted) a little over 2* higher than my max suggested launch angle for my ball speed with 6 iron. Then I hit the Mizzy optimizer to do some shaft pondering. It suggests to me to play the DG XP x100 soft stepped. (softer tip for a guy who is already launching the ball too high in his irons?!?!) Honestly, I haven't seen anybody not get fitted into DG or DG XP's as a first choice at one flex or another. I'm sure somebody else here has, but not I. I might've been able to agree with Mizzy had it said DG x100 soft stepped but not the XP model. No way for me.

I do hope things work out for you though bud.

My first choice all three times I've gone thought the optimizer has been KBS Tour every time actually.

You have to remember that at some point even the "lowest launching" shaft won't matter if there is something in the swing. Had a TREMENDOUS conversation with Conrad from KBS last night about this very thing.

I want a Z series SeeMore. WANT. Especially that mallet that is pictured in the PGA show thread. Love at first sight.

I want a Z series SeeMore. WANT. Especially that mallet that is pictured in the PGA show thread. Love at first sight.

I'll look at a picture of it on my phone here for ya JN.

Hehe

I'll look at a picture of it on my phone here for ya JN.

Hehe

LOL, they need to release that series to the public...

My first choice all three times I've gone thought the optimizer has been KBS Tour every time actually.

You have to remember that at some point even the "lowest launching" shaft won't matter if there is something in the swing. Had a TREMENDOUS conversation with Conrad from KBS last night about this very thing.

You need to tell us more about this conversation. It's something I've been thinking about a lot recently.

You need to tell us more about this conversation. It's something I've been thinking about a lot recently.

I plan on gathering all the thoughts up on stuff like this soon and putting them into type. Might make a fun editorial.

I plan on gathering all the thoughts up on stuff like this soon and putting them into type. Might make a fun editorial.

I think that will be an amazing read!

I think that will be an amazing read!
+1... A THP best seller lol... Honestly the pictures are awesome, but to get the behind scenes stories with some of the product lines would be awesome.

The Scors are def considered blade style. How have you found the soles on the rtx cb compared to the Scors?

My ponder pushed over to purchase, but the Scor won't be here until Monday. Will for sure shoot you something when I get both the RTX and the Scor out on the course.

My ponder on the Scors may convert after next week. Z3 and Recoil iron shafts still hold top ponder position though.

Same with me, I've gotten KBS shafts both times I have went through.

Believe me, it's a great set. Especially if your trying to transition into a full butter knife set. I'm pondering these custom made titleist 695s with a nickel black finish.

Yeah. I'm not trying to transition into a full blade set. That sounds like a silly goal.

Yeah. I'm not trying to transition into a full blade set. That sounds like a silly goal.

The Combo's are SICK irons dude, highly recommended. As I'm sure you know, they have gotten basically nothing but good things said about them. The only thing that held me from getting them last year was the i20's being easy to hit, which is something it seems my new adult life is [sadly] going to require.

The Combo's are SICK irons dude, highly recommended. As I'm sure you know, they have gotten basically nothing but good things said about them. The only thing that held me from getting them last year was the i20's being easy to hit, which is something it seems my new adult life is [sadly] going to require.

From what I have hit, seen, and read here in the forum testing I know they're great. Some other things have to fall into place first.

As much love as these get around here, I need find these somewhere to demo or someone who has a set to hit. Appear to be highly reguarded and maybe highly underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back