Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covert or Amp Cell.

Hit them along with the X Hot, Speedline S, R1 and 913.

The Covert and Amp Cell fit my game the best! Leaning Covert due to adjustability. Leaning Amp Cell due to Colts blue. Without getting my lazy butt up to get figures, here is in short what I got from those two. All were hit on the launch monitor inside, so as far as how accurate it was, I don't kno. Just from remembering off top...

Covert - crazy crazy long. Carry was averaging about 270-280 with rollout to 290-305. I sprayed this one a little more than the Amp Cell but it wasn't more than 16 yards off center of fairway. Max one time of 14 yards left and best was 1.91 yards left. The one thing that I noticed that stood out was the forgiveness towards the heel of the club when it comes to distance. Didn't really lose much distance at all. I hit the tour and normal one and I couldn't get the tour dialed in. Just didn't work for me. I stuck with just the stock shafts for numbers and they fit me best. Back spin was right at 3000, swing speed was right around 102-106. Best results came from 9.5 degree loft. Launch angle hovered from 9.0-10.8.

Amp Cell - forgiving and smooth. Best results came from 9.5 degree loft. Carry was 245-255 with max roll out of 286. This was the more accurate of the two. Didn't miss the middle of the fairway more than 11 yards and averaged right around 6 yards off center with about 20 shots. Best three were under 2 yards off of center. Again, stayed with the stock shafts for readings cause it felt the best. Back spin was ranged from 2900-3300.. Launch angle was around 9.6-11. I like to stay around 9.0-9.5 max. So I tend to hit this a little higher than I prefer, but I'll take the accuracy that came with it.

My normal miss is a heel hit that ends in a slight pull or a bad pull at times. I choke down and that seems to help shorten the club a tad.

in the end... I still do not know. I really enjoyed them both. I am leaning towards Amp Cell because I was more consistent and accurate, but the Covert was just fun to hit. I am torn and will probably go back tomorrow and hit them both again and make a decision.

Thanks for listening THP.

For me, slice, I'd take consistency in the fairway over length, but going back and hitting them again won't hurt. I have so many drivers to ponder and hit this year...the Classic XL/Custom, Covert, Amp Cell, XHot, XTreme...Demo Day can't come sooner!

So while at Golf Galaxy today I hit the MP-H4 for the first time. Yes I purchased without hitting lol. They had both the Dynalite Gold XP's and the Matrix Program shafts. Looks wise I get an uncomfortable feeling in my pants when I see the Programs. They are stunners. Took a few swings and as usual I can't hit anything indoors. However shot for shot, my results were better with the DGXP's. In fact my results were quite good. The feel on this iron was spectacular as well. Just enough heft in the 6i to give me confidence but not enough to perturb the thin fan club. I really cannot wait for these irons to get in. Thread will be started

For me, slice, I'd take consistency in the fairway over length, but going back and hitting them again won't hurt. I have so many drivers to ponder and hit this year...the Classic XL/Custom, Covert, Amp Cell, XHot, XTreme...Demo Day can't come sooner!

Thats my thought man... However, I wasn't missing badly with the Covert. I'm in full ponder mode. Those two just stood out from the others.

The 3/4 wood ponder continues to grow and has changed a little.

Ping G25
Cobra Amp Cell
RBZ Stage 2

A driver and thriver setup this year. Just in my head after seeing some things this week. After all, that's basically what my TF3 was for this season, I never really used it off the deck.

Could be the just waking up from slumber though.

A driver and thriver setup this year. Just in my head after seeing some things this week. After all, that's basically what my TF3 was for this season, I never really used it off the deck.

Could be the just waking up from slumber though.

When did you get the Stage 2 in the bag? Illness has really taken away from my THPing time and I haven't been able to follow as closely.

When did you get the Stage 2 in the bag? Illness has really taken away from my THPing time and I haven't been able to follow as closely.

No worries JN! Been working on the review for it for a couple weeks now. Should be put into final form this week, I want to get out 1-2 more times. Can't find the link right now on TT buddy but there's some thoughts in that preview thread so far about it!

So while at Golf Galaxy today I hit the MP-H4 for the first time. Yes I purchased without hitting lol. They had both the Dynalite Gold XP's and the Matrix Program shafts. Looks wise I get an uncomfortable feeling in my pants when I see the Programs. They are stunners. Took a few swings and as usual I can't hit anything indoors. However shot for shot, my results were better with the DGXP's. In fact my results were quite good. The feel on this iron was spectacular as well. Just enough heft in the 6i to give me confidence but not enough to perturb the thin fan club. I really cannot wait for these irons to get in. Thread will be started

Awesome man, I'm glad your common sense won out, sounds like it will be rewarded.

Awesome man, I'm glad your common sense won out, sounds like it will be rewarded.

I hope so dude. If not I will dump these irons so fast....

TM Raylor Ghost

Tapping away on my S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359244551367.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359244551367.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 0
Pretty simple:
3G63Lb3Fd5Ia5J15M4d1qf7499949d26f1fb1.jpg

JK, good luck if you pull the trigger on getting a good margin!

they're the 710 model, but they hold their value pretty well. especially the CB's. no?

Not sure this is ponder as much as Envy. If I played Callaway I'd definitely want this bag:
5113043.jpg

Japan only for 2013.

I really wish Nike would release the Method 006

Graphite shafted irons....pondering in very high mode between the UST's and Miyazaki offerings.

Graphite shafted irons....pondering in very high mode between the UST's and Miyazaki offerings.

Me too Cookie. I have some feelers out now about the UST Recoils. I'm digging what I hear about them. Lots of people saying that they are far better than the Aerotechs which surprises me a little.

What are you looking to achieve out of the graphites?

What are you looking to achieve out of the graphites?

Hoping for an increase in SS with the lighter shafts and some forgiveness on the wrists...an issue that comes and goes for me. Plus they look bada$$! :)

Hoping for an increase in SS with the lighter shafts and some forgiveness on the wrists...an issue that comes and goes for me. Plus they look bada$$! :)
Gotcha. Lighter shafts have helped me a good bit, between the Miyazakis in the Black Irons and the Tour 90s in my DPCs, they have absolutely been incredible for me. Love a good lightweight shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back